The Eagle has landed

rrpruett

Reaction score
Handicap
We it finally happened, after playing golf off and on for over 30 years, and playing over 100 rounds last year, I finally got an Eagle. I have been taking a lot of crap from one of my sons that has only been playing for about a year and he already has an eagle. It was on a par 5, he hit it stiff in two and made the putt. Every since then he always reminds me every time I get on a green in two on a par 5, that’s here is my chance to get my first eagle so I can be a good as him. All in good fun.

Well on Friday on the second hole at our club, I hit a 4 hybrid in the cup for a TWO. I was watching the shot and I seen it hit the green and bounce once then it disappeared. I did not say anything to my playing partners in fear that it just bounced over the green. When we went up to the green I still did not see the ball but I grabbed my putter and wedge anyway in case I was long. As I was walking to the cup to check I told my son, I may have just got that Eagle. Sure enough there is was at the bottom of the cup. I was very excited and more so since my son that had his eagle was with me.

So now I need that elusive Hole-N-One. :D

Back