The Edel EAS Putters

would try the shape for sure and Edel makes good stuff but that power outlet alignment is likely a nay

the alignment looks like an electrical outlet, but I actually don't mind it. Is that a piece that is user-replaceable?

You can change out the alignment aids to fit your aim. That's one advantage to the putter

Screen Shot 2020-09-09 at 5.01.53 PM.png

That alignment completely kills it for me. It's not a bad shape but it doesn't look right with that.
Like @Desmond mentioned, you and can take it off, add another one or nothing at all. I'm a believer in the Edel putters and how they help get you aligned. Best year of putting I've had with it so far.

Like @Desmond mentioned, you and can take it off, add another one or nothing at all. I'm a believer in the Edel putters and how they help get you aligned. Best year of putting I've had with it so far.

I may have spent a bit of time this afternoon on the Edel website. It's probably a good thing I don't have the money sitting around because I'm very intrigued by a couple of the models.

I’d give it a try, not a fan of the receptacle alignment aid but that’s changeable. Interested in the feel of the face, tried the older style in the used section at a PGASS and felt great. Has anyone tried them?

I had to stare at it for 30 seconds trying to find something nice to say about it. Then I gave up the effort, and that one is "Not for Me". A nice putter, but style and shape is not stopping me in my tracks.

Pass on this one. Very, very hard pass.

The alignment markings are ridiculous and the appearance of the rest of the putter is faintly "off" as well.

Reminds me somehow of the logo on a KIRKLAND signature golf ball. Not entirely different from other similar products but just a little uglier.

I may have spent a bit of time this afternoon on the Edel website. It's probably a good thing I don't have the money sitting around because I'm very intrigued by a couple of the models.
Maybe sell a few of the 50 you already own? 😂

• Haha
Reactions: KEV
The Edel fitting carts are off the planet with all the heads, necks, etc. Haven't seen one in a while.
The grip they used for the fittings was a round one to take grip influence out of the equation, supposedly.
Used a laser to check alignment. Mirror on the face.
Many people end up liking the round grip and ordered it that way I'm told.
I just didn't order due to price, but it was cool to experience the fitting cart a bit.

The Edel fitting carts are off the planet with all the heads, necks, etc. Haven't seen one in a while.
The grip they used for the fittings was a round one to take grip influence out of the equation, supposedly.
Used a laser to check alignment. Mirror on the face.
Many people end up liking the round grip and ordered it that way I'm told.
I just didn't order due to price, but it was cool to experience the fitting cart a bit.

I still use the round.

I still think of them a wedge company. The wedges look great. Putters are a bit “busy.”

With the review of the Axis1 Rose going up today, it would be fun to compare the two toe up models for sure.

I still think of them a wedge company. The wedges look great. Putters are a bit “busy.”
I always like to use the term “industrial” with them. You’re right though, and the wedges are always slick imo.

Interesting because Edel started as a putter company out of essentially a small residential office in Oregon. Then he moved near Austin and expanded the putter co to make wedges. I still have 3 wedges but haven't used them recently. But they stick around. Once in a while, I will pull out the 62 for hot baked greens. The wedges are neat because they put loads of bounce in the front and middle than cut the bounce off with grinding - you have a wedge that will glide but gives you lots of versatility.

But in this series, I like the 5.0 - a classic mallet.

That shape has become almost as standard as the anser newport style. I think it looks pretty good!

I'm impressed they were able to incorporate an electrical outlet without upsetting the balance.
It's Electric, Boogie Woogie Woogie

I don't hate it tho.

i cant get that electrical outlet out of my mind.
i would be standing over the like this o_O and completely forget what im doing..
this is a huge PASS! no bueno..

They're only a short hill-country drive from me, maybe 2hrs. I've been saying for a while now that I'm going to go up for a fitting, I need to do this.

i would be standing over the like this o_O and completely forget what im doing..

It's changeable. When you are fit, the fitter determines which insert to use based on your aim. SEE POST #29

and then decide

You get a shock when you don't sink the putt.

When your hair is fried after golf, make sure you blame it on the putter

B1166547-00DD-4776-8901-33E73B2E8ADC.jpeg
0C37F1EE-8418-4A87-A105-C169203786F0.jpeg
A430BCA5-14A7-47A7-A153-191F9776FA3B.jpeg

Back