The end of an era. RIP TAB

Never drank it. Tasted it once and thought it tasted like sh... <looks around...> tasted horrible.

My mother used to drink this crap back in the 70's. All I had to do was take one sip & that was it ... disgusting. Good riddance. I actually thought it was already gone:unsure:

What's next, no more Diet Rite?

Damn that's sad, not a soda guy but hate when brands go away

I haven't seen that stuff in a long time. I remember buying it from the gas station up the street as a kid, when I'd go buy some baseball cards and it'd always leave me a bit disappointed.

Does anyone know if RC cola is still around?

RC is still around at least in Chicago.

That was the nastiest soda ever invented, imho.

you ever drink a jolt?? That was Red Bull before Red Bull.. late night video games as a kid required it..it was horrid though.

My grandma used to have it around all the time. She loved it. I tasted one, and that was enough. It can go way, no heartbreak here.

Many here are likely too young to remember how awful tasting saccharin was as an artificial sweetener. I know that they later changed the artificial sweetener in Tab, but by then Diet Coke was the big player for Coca Cola in the diet soda market.

I can remember Tab with saccharin as its sweetener. It was definitely an acquired taste.
That's how I remember Tab. It was so bad I don't think I ever even tried one after they switched sweeteners.

I can honestly say, i never tried it, won't miss it. Drank Dr Pepper or Pepsi as a kid. I remember going to a foot ball game right after my Dad got stationed in Oklahoma and i went to snack bar and asked for a DR Pepper. They said we have Mr Pibb, same thing.....no wasn't
Dr. Pepper was my favorite, but I wish it still tasted like it did back then. Today's Dr. Pepper is a shadow of its former self.

you ever drink a jolt?? That was Red Bull before Red Bull.. late night video games as a kid required it..it was horrid though.
I drank a Jolt or two while studying for finals in grad school. I don’t remember it being as bitter tasting as TAB, but you could well be correct.

I had a law partner who put TABs down by the caseload. He would throw the empty, crushed cans in the back of his old Landcruiser. It used to be so funny to see that pile of cans.

I love Fresca. It is great mixed with vodka and a splash of OJ.

Are you a member of the church of the collective??

1602873595888.png

I love Fresca. It is great mixed with vodka and a splash of OJ.
Fresca is a nice refreshing summer drink. It's also good with tequila.

Seeing this thread reminded me of my youth and the south jersey drink takaboost, which I thought may have been bought by coke and shortened to TaB, but looks like I was wrong. Takaboost (Boost!) is still around and not affiliated with TaB.

Back