The End Of An Era

Looking at the base model, at 38 MPG and 13K for the base model, I might look into one of these if I can get a half decent job within the next few years. That is wonderful fuel economy.

It looks like the RV pooped out a little car.

Seriously though - cool purchase. I like the color.

Looks hard to fit your clubs thank goodness you got the tour van

a693711b-884a-6954.jpg

Looks hard to fit your clubs thank goodness you got the tour van

You think so? They look like they fit pretty good in there in that pic. It isnt my staff bag, but i use the THP stand bag quite a bit.

I wish that stand bag had made it to the store. That thing was gorgeous.

You think so? They look like they fit pretty good in there in that pic. It isnt my staff bag, but i use the THP stand bag quite a bit.

Oh I guess when I saw the picture I thought the clubs were hitting the other side pretty good, but wow that car looks roomier than I would imagine it to be! True the staff bag would be the challenge, you would probably have to stick half of it out the window:wink: either way that's a sick car, I might get one now that i see the clubs fit hahah

Very "smart" purchase, I am impressed how much room there is in the trunk.

So the Srixon staff bag fits in there, but I would not be able to get a 2nd bag in. I really had no idea so much fit in there.

This thread makes me miss my Geo Metro. Yep I'm 6'5 and had a Geo Metro 3 door. It was amazing.

Congrats on the car guys it seems to suit your needs perfectly.

After a morning of shopping. It's only half full. To give you an idea, it has a new coffee maker and new french press. It also has 125 dollars worth of groceries. We were both pretty surprised.

a693711b-6136-0be2.jpg

After a morning of shopping. It's only half full. To give you an idea, it has a new coffee maker and new french press. It also has 125 dollars worth of groceries. We were both pretty surprised.

a693711b-6136-0be2.jpg
Pretty good, I think in general it will fit anyones needs for trunk space, and if bought too much stuff, you could just leave GG at the store and come back for her later.

Not shocked at all at how much you can fit in there. I helped a lady load her golf bag and power cart into the back once. I was blown away with the amount of usable space.

Wow I am really impressed by this little car. Definitely will be a great benefit to you when you spend all that money in gas to get to your destination, you won't have to drive the Range Finder around town when you get there. It will definitely help save on some gas and looks to be very practical as well even for driving around home.

Absolutely. It really came down to safety rating. The more we dug into it, the better it was. I was scared to death at first...In fact called it a coffin on wheels. However when I started researching it, I found it how wrong I was. The safety was the top feature along with towing 4 down.

what saftey ratings have you seen that said this thing was good?if it was the IIHS you should note their tests are conducted vs like vehicles in size/weight. i have watched several impact test that show this thing would jack a human up in a head on impact.

http://usnews.rankingsandreviews.com/cars-trucks/Smart_ForTwo/Safety/

what saftey ratings have you seen that said this thing was good?if it was the IIHS you should note their tests are conducted vs like vehicles in size/weight. i have watched several impact test that show this thing would jack a human up in a head on impact.

http://usnews.rankingsandreviews.com/cars-trucks/Smart_ForTwo/Safety/

I have read and read and read on these.
MSNBC gave it the highest crash test rating for the size a few years back.
And while the USnews report (IIHS) discusses like vehicles, I feel confident in our choice after our research and comparing to like vehicles.

After a couple of days of driving it around, I think we really like this thing. It was strange going from a Range Rover to a Volvo. Then it was even stranger going to the Smart Car. By this logic, next will just be a unicycle.

20080603-ElectricUnicycle.jpg

Very cool. My friend said the same about going from a large pickup truck to a mini cooper.

Oh, and I'll let you know about the unicycle. I think I'm going to get one soon.

Have they improved gas mileage on the smart car... Because when they first came out it was disappointing for their tiny size.

You've just been tapatalked by Ford!

Have they improved gas mileage on the smart car... Because when they first came out it was disappointing for their tiny size.

You've just been tapatalked by Ford!

Not a ton. They advertise about 38 I believe and we are getting just over 40 right now. Big difference compared to about 6 we get in the Tour Van.

I'll sell my unicycle.. Its not very exciting and a rack job waiting to happen

Not a ton. They advertise about 38 I believe and we are getting just over 40 right now. Big difference compared to about 6 we get in the Tour Van.
Just trying to even everything out, haha.

We let Kris Tamulis drive it tonight around the parking lot after dinner. When she got out, I said how was it...She said small.

Gals got a good head on her shoulders,
We let Kris Tamulis drive it tonight around the parking lot after dinner. When she got out, I said how was it...She said small.

Back