The End Of An Era

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
It is an end of an era today. I traded in my Volvo for a Smart Car today. The Volvo has been a great car and I loved it the entire time, but we wanted something that could be towed 4 down. The Smart Car can not only be towed 4 down, but we dont need to spend the $2500 on the braking system because it weighs less than 2000 lbs.

I researched the safety side of it for so long and I was thrilled to learn that the Smart Car gets a 5 star rating in safety and is safer than almost every small car out there due to its construction (thanks Mercedez) and the fact that the inside turns into an air bubble with all the air bags.

We had so much equity in the Volvo that the Mercedes dealership is actually giving us money back on the lease we decided on. So when you see the THP Tour Van on the road, you will see a Smart Car behind it pushing it along.

• Admin
a693711b-5048-566d-M.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
You bought a Smart Car?

My car-loving instinct tells me to roast you for this, but my money-saving instinct tells me to congratulate you.

I'm torn.

This is pretty awesome really. Works out well not needing to upgrade the braking to tow it.

Green one from the twitter pic?

Edit: Nevermind haha that's going to look awesome with the Range Finder.

Another bonus with the smart car is since it is so small it can probably double as a golf cart if needed.

• Admin
You bought a Smart Car?

My car-loving instinct tells me to roast you for this, but my money-saving instinct tells me to congratulate you.

I'm torn.

Ill tell you what, when your vehicle is bigger than mine, you can roast me all you want...Remember, I drive a 40 ft diesel pusher. :alien:

Boy, I can understand people getting these and I kind of like the look, but I hate to think of these type cars in a crash. This looks like it would tow well behind the tour van though.

Ill tell you what, when your vehicle is bigger than mine, you can roast me all you want...Remember, I drive a 40 ft diesel pusher. :alien:

I imagine your combined quarter mile time is measured without using the second hand.

If you don't mind me mixing with another thread I recently posted in -- will you be buying a neoprene cover to keep that little guy looking shiny?

Lmao.

Congrats on the new car.

Edit: out of your 14 clubs how many can fit in the car with you at once?

The concept of the circle rising above the crash is really quite incredible and safe. Well done THP. Put some vinyl on that sucker too?!

Lol @ did it come with a headcover?

If you don't mind me mixing with another thread I recently posted in -- will you be buying a neoprene cover to keep that little guy looking shiny?

Of course not, I put it in my pocket or Morgan's purse.

JB, the next RV you look at should be like this.. you can park the smart car right up inside.

hurricane_rv.jpg

JB, the next RV you look at should be like this.. you can park the smart car right up inside.

hurricane_rv.jpg

No Toy Hauler for us, but they do fit in many.

I think it would look even cooler with some THP decals to match The Range Finder.

The Range Finder Junior ??????

Last edited by a moderator:
Another name contest? ahhaha

That is too cute!

I know how much you liked that volvo JB but I love that smart car. Congrats on the purchase.

Sent from someone else's iPhone using Tapatalk

Ochocinco look?

9cvebq

Being serious can you fit 2 golf bags with clubs in the trunk? I always wondered.

Back