The End Of An Era

Being serious can you fit 2 golf bags with clubs in the trunk? I always wondered.

Yes. I take the driver out of the bag and turned diagonally, it fits two bags rather well.

Congrats JB - smart purchase! No pun intended although it sounds good, ha.

Congratulations, you two! Should be interesting hearing your ongoing thoughts.

Sent from my Evo 3D using Tapatalk

Cool. I've never much cared for smart cars, but they're... Smart. Good call.

I know you've been interested in the smart guy. But man I can't believe that the Volvo is gone.

When you made the post a few days ago, I knew it was a matter of time. Congrats on the purchase, JB, it will serve you quite well with the use of the Tour Van.

I really think that will fit in the bed of my truck.

Yes. I take the driver out of the bag and turned diagonally, it fits two bags rather well.

Seriously? In the trunk? Or in your lap lol? My stupid Mazda 3 barely fits my bag and depending on the driver sometimes it won't even fit in the trunk.

Seriously? In the trunk? Or in your lap lol? My stupid Mazda 3 barely fits my bag and depending on the driver sometimes it won't even fit in the trunk.

I just went down to check and only had one bag available (my THP stand bag full of clubs) and it fit. Its not hte best fit, but it fit. Just took the driver out and laid it on top. I will try the two bags again tomorrow.

I think it's a very smart move. Nice looking as well.

For RV'ing this car makes sense. What kind of options did you go with? I know Smart makes you pay for everything extra.

I take it from your original post that this is a lease vehicle. Isn't towing it that way going to put on a lot of miles where you aren't actually driving it? If you happened to drive to the West coast, that would put about 7 or 8 thousand miles round trip on it before you even turned it on, no?

I take it from your original post that this is a lease vehicle. Isn't towing it that way going to put on a lot of miles where you aren't actually driving it? If you happened to drive to the West coast, that would put about 7 or 8 thousand miles round trip on it before you even turned it on, no?
I was curious about that one as well Smalls. Pulling it with 4 down puts miles on the odometer, that's why I was wondering the other day if it was easier than just a small trailer.

Knowing JB, this has already been figured out though! LOL.

For RV'ing this car makes sense. What kind of options did you go with? I know Smart makes you pay for everything extra.

They changed it the last two years. Now its the Pure option which is base and you add features. Then the Passion which is really well equipped. We got the Passion and it had the matte paint feature and leather seats. Its unlike the Mini in that there are millions of options, but there are a bunch.

I was curious about that one as well Smalls. Pulling it with 4 down puts miles on the odometer, that's why I was wondering the other day if it was easier than just a small trailer.

Knowing JB, this has already been figured out though! LOL.

Since the car is in neutral and not running, there are no miles put on.

Since the car is in neutral and not running, there are no miles put on.
Ahhh. Didn't know that. I assume that's newer cars with electronic speedometers and not an older car with mechanical ones?

Congrats on the new ride. I've actually seen a couple of those around here. I have no clue where they sell them.

Cute!! Enjoy it!

We were in the garage going through all the boxes that were waiting for us and just looking at it and chuckling because it is so small from the exterior.
Its funny, we have GG's new Infiniti and the Smart Car is literally about half the size.

Congrats on the new car!

^^^^^^ I Tapped That.....On My iPad ^^^^^^

We were in the garage going through all the boxes that were waiting for us and just looking at it and chuckling because it is so small from the exterior.
Its funny, we have GG's new Infiniti and the Smart Car is literally about half the size.

You could probably park it sideways and have more usable space in the garage!

THe garage probably looks bigger as well!

You could probably park it sideways and have more usable space in the garage!

When we are this close to demo day, only one car fits in the garage. The rest is simply filled with golf equipment.

When we are this close to demo day, only one car fits in the garage. The rest is simply filled with golf equipment.

i was just gonna say think of all the other golf equipment you can fit in your garage now! lol

Pretty soon only the smart car will fit in the garage

Congrats guys. I was wondering how long it would be before the Rangefinder was towing a car as well. Sounds like a great option for the journeys to come.

Impressive that it can fit a golf bag, Im actually stunned by that. Are you going to bring it to demo day for beer runs?

Back