CONTEST The Engagement: 2022 Grandaddy of Em All with Callaway Golf

How many people that have entered this followed the last Grandaddy Live Update Thread while it was happening?
So the Grandaddy was the first live thread I followed... But I followed via @blazinden 's account and didn't create my own account until after he came back. Womp womp. There were multiple times I was ready to comment but couldn't because I was logged in as him.

Some things are a given, like the work before the experience, food pics, banter, equipment discussions, etc. I think one thing that stood out from the latest event was the videos. I'd try to get as many videos and vlogs as possible, to keep the community involved, nearly in real time. Try to make them feel like they're there.

OK THP world. Life is starting to get back to normal and most of the family emergencies are taken care of so here we go. Official entry is below! Good luck to all and I can't wait to see someone new to the Granddaddy Family!

With a Captain and another team member so close, I plan on having multiple rounds with them as we all try to improve our game, documenting it along the way. I have reviewed a Motocaddy and Indi putter with success. I will answer ANY question with the upmost honesty. Yup.

I would start a road to the Grandaddy thread like many alumni. I would really work to improve my game and provide feedback on my current clubs (mostly Callaway) and then compare them to the new ones during and post event. Lastly many pics and videos about the experience.

Entry:

Create a road to GD thread & gather stats on current clubs to compare.
Engage in other Live Threads & misc. threads whenever possible.
Practice live updates in the live round thread.
Lots of photos (golf/food/friends/equipment after embargo).
Detailed recaps afterwards.
Review clubs/clothing when season allows.

Before – journal my lessons, clinics and play, ups, downs and frustrations.

During– let the forum be a “fly on the wall”. Build life-long friendships. Learn from the experts.

After – survive post granddaddy depression, answer questions promptly, review new equipment and bask in the glory of being a Granddaddy alumni.

Put it all out there.
Blow up the Grandaddy journey thread.
A separate Road To thread? Or keep it all in the main thread, as a historical reminder?
Everyone has their own way, and it has been awesome to see what everone will do!!!

Bring it THP!!!

I would start a road to the Grandaddy thread like many alumni. I would really work to improve my game and provide feedback on my current clubs (mostly Callaway) and then compare them to the new ones during and post event. Lastly many pics and videos about the experience.
Great idea about pics. Shot of ball in rough (my home away from home) and landing spot after hit.

Lots of great entries so far. Keeping it under 50 words is a tough task, but neat to see how everyone has approached it.

Best of luck everyone!

Entry:

Followed every Grandaddy, participants bring excitement to the forum and its returned.
Each year it grows, I want to help cinch that belt up.
Engagement is had in many ways, the quality is most important.
Matching that up with quantity is the key.
I’m ready to unlock that with family.

Make people familiar with my game. What is in my bag, what I dislike, would like to improve about clubs.

Bring people along on preparation. Share stats, results, challenges.

Pre trip to meet team. Build camaraderie, plan parings.

Updates on the fittings my favorite part.

Edited on 4/25 to get under 50 words.

Last edited:
Start with making people familiar with my current game. What is in my bag, how far I hit each club, what I like/dislike, would like to improve about every club in the bag. So I can compare what I am fit into at the Granddaddy and how it improves.

Bring people along with me on my season. Review my rounds including stats, results and challenges of each round.

Set up a pre-Grandaddy trip to meet with my team. Play 2-3 rounds together at a minimum. Build some camaraderie with my teammates. Try to learn who pairs well together for team events.

At the event provide lots of updates particularly on the fittings. That is always my favorite part.
Check your word count.

Before. Stay engaged, participate , be interesting , informative and add to the excitement pre event.
After. Pre and post embargo provide allowed information about the equipment, lessons learned and be an Ambassador for Callaway and THP by sharing conversations, reviews of the equipment and this incredible honor and experience.

I would use creative ways to make forum members feel as if they were on the team with us. Ongoing engagement would include pre-event pondering and polls, at-event videos and photos, and post-event recaps of memories made. Pay proper homage to the event and its sponsors.

I’m beyond humbled by the mentions in this thread. I’m so happy we were able to bring the forum along with last year’s journey.
MuchThor 4 Life!!!

How many people that have entered this followed the last Grandaddy Live Update Thread while it was happening?
I’ve taken off of work…

I was there for a good portion of it. It was my least productive week at work but I still managed to get a few things done. I stayed home on one of the competition days because of whatever excuse I came up with.

Engagement Entry:

Everything I can to bring the excitement prior, experience during, and memories after to everyone not there. Hype, smack talk, and reaction media. Ask and answer questions. Take requests, catch candid moments, and live update like a pro. And just share my @xThor -putter level love for all of it!

Followed, but didn't take part as much as I would have liked because I refused to skip to catch up. So lots of reactions and limited posts. It's tough.

Hand raised, from start to glorious finish. Had a great time following along!

What a great opportunity so thanks to THP and thanks to Callaway. Official entry below.

Video Content is what I’ll bring. Range sessions, live play in the lead up then following that up with live videos during the actual experience and even between holes. Some vlogs to capture my thoughts each day and ensuring engagement/reviews through posts on the forum before, during and after.

Two things! BUMP!

Secondly, This event lives and dies by the product reviews and feedback. I would exist in those threads, answer any and all questions. Honest feedback, truthful responses, and whatever it takes to keep this event happening in the future.

Wow, the Granddaddy. What an honor if chosen. If I'm lucky, it would be my obligation to post often and answer questions to pay for that luck. Videos and posts prior to amd after the event would be a necessity. Interaction with other participants and Callaway to show just how grateful I am. A BIG THANK YOU.

Back