CONTEST The Engagement: 2022 Grandaddy of Em All with Callaway Golf

I had to play evening catch up during the last event, and couldn't keep up with it live. I love this follow whenever I have the chance to refresh as it goes.

I had to play evening catch up during the last event, and couldn't keep up with it live. I love this follow whenever I have the chance to refresh as it goes.
I love that so many come back and read the postings of others, I was at the Club Corp most of the day Wed- Sunday and got a chance to go back through a lot of the m this morning....there are some great entries here

How many people that have entered this followed the last Grandaddy Live Update Thread while it was happening?
My laptop was open next to my work screens the whole time .....you miss something live its hard to relive, but also great that the threads never go away

Getting closer.......

How many people that have entered this followed the last Grandaddy Live Update Thread while it was happening?

I know I spent more time on that thread than I did actually working. Its convienant that it is on PST or I wouldn’t have gotten any work done.

So many great entries! Will be a difficult decision in finding a winner!

I made sure to have scheduled "closed door meetings" during that time. It was such a great follow. Loved every minute/post of it!

Looking forward to see who makes the team.

I would enjoy meeting my fellow teammates whom I only know from what I read on the Forums. I would enjoy the comradery of meeting people who enjoy golf, taking life 1 shot a time but most of all just being themselves. Sure new equipment is a bonus, along with the Blueberry Lemonade's but just getting the chance to enjoy the game that I grew up with and meeting new friends.

I know it doesn't count at this point and JB wanted words. But it boils down to this.

Great advice @templeton80 , post your own world at an Experience. I had a guy tell me once that if i would drive the cart, he would post the whole way around. Kinda like "i'll post for both of us" I should have posted too, thats not how a "Live Day " should be, take the time to document on your own

Great advice @templeton80 , post your own world at an Experience. I had a guy tell me once that if i would drive the cart, he would post the whole way around. Kinda like "i'll post for both of us" I should have posted too, thats not how a "Live Day " should be, take the time to document on your own

Yep. make the effort. I found in the one event I have been to it was harder than I thought it would be going in. But, I think I learned from that and would adjust... And bring back up power.

if chosen i would document my experience this way

- Pre Event: Keep a diary of my prep and practicing for the event.
- Event: Post Real time happening. Try illustrate the sense of community for team THP as the event unfolds
- Post Event: Recap the experience from POV. Post new content to keep things fresh
- Equipment: Just give an detail update of why i am playing the gear i have been fitted for

Yep. make the effort. I found in the one event I have been to it was harder than I thought it would be going in. But, I think I learned from that and would adjust... And bring back up power.
Portable chargers are a must for live updating.
I learned that very quickly by posting in the Live update thread.

Portable chargers are a must for live updating.
I learned that very quickly by posting in the Live update thread.
yepper, I have a battery that will recharge my iPhone13 4 times that i take when i trail hike, never know when you take too many pics or leave too much open and you do not want to be out in the middle of nowhere with no cell battery

yepper, I have a battery that will recharge my iPhone13 4 times that i take when i trail hike, never know when you take too many pics or leave too much open and you do not want to be out in the middle of nowhere with no cell battery

I have one that is chargeable but also solar so out on the course it will be recharging while it is recharging. lol.

It's definitely not easy. Especially for the not-so-young generations. By this i mean, I haven't found a way to enjoy a concert whilst simultaneously tweeting about it (though a lot of younger folks have)

When you're really enjoying yourself and trying to soak it all in, it's easy to forget to pull out your phone and post an update. Takes a bit of practice.

A lead up thread to document expectations and fun. Pictures/video of food, clubs, course, counterparts. I want to be present in each moment, but I want to share enough details that everyone can get a feel for what we are experiencing. Answer all questions as quickly and openly as possible.

How many more last minute entries are we going to get here, huh Cap @Davidhibler ? Any stragglers out there not put their name in the hat for the best amateur golf event ever?

How many more last minute entries are we going to get here, huh Cap @Davidhibler ? Any stragglers out there not put their name in the hat for the best amateur golf event ever?

didn’t this close Saturday?

Back