The Explanar Putting Mat Review

SeeMore Golf

JB

Follow @THPGolf
Albatross 2021 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
I want a putting mat that I can lay down out by the pool. I feel I would use it more instead of just laying it down on the floor in the house. Not sure this would work laying on the pavers around the pool. How thick is the mat?
Decent thickness. Without going pretty thick and pricey, it will work better than most, but I don’t think on traditional pavers most will work too well.

mmaynard11

Albatross 2021 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Decent thickness. Without going pretty thick and pricey, it will work better than most, but I don’t think on traditional pavers most will work too well.
Yeah that is my thought as well.

I like the concept of this one & feel it provides the best functionality for the cost. Decisions decisions....

GoldenBuff

Passion driven
Albatross 2021 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Snow
Mat looks good, but I have a crush on that Saks Parente putter. 😍

smgoldstein

Albatross 2021 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
@Canadan @JB will get one of these for my new house as it fits my straight back straight thru stroke. Curious if it is just as effective for those that have a lot of arc in their stroke like a Ben Crenshaw. Reminds me of putting on a yardstick.

JB

Follow @THPGolf
Albatross 2021 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
@Canadan @JB will get one of these for my new house as it fits my straight back straight thru stroke. Curious if it is just as effective for those that have a lot of arc in their stroke like a Ben Crenshaw. Reminds me of putting on a yardstick.
I asked someone about this yesterday and was told it is. I believe it would be, as hitting the target doesn't really change.

Agent Jay

Grandaddy Alumni
Albatross 2021 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Already received a notification from UPS that my new Explanar mat will be here on the 26th. That's some crazy fast turnaround!

JB

Follow @THPGolf
Albatross 2021 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
I really enjoy this way more than I should. Been working on the angled putts for a few days now with the new Srixon Divide and love it.

JonD

Albatross 2021 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
I really enjoy this way more than I should. Been working on the angled putts for a few days now with the new Srixon Divide and love it.
I'm really enjoying mine as well. Been working on it this week to try and get my stroke back where I want it. I start on the center line while I'm working on takeaway or follow through and move to the diagonal putt after I'm done. Try to make one from every marker on one side before I put it up for the session. Need to start working from both sides.

Also works great if you just want to plop a few balls down real quick and roll a few putts.

Agent Jay

Grandaddy Alumni
Albatross 2021 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
My new Explanar mat is stilling on my front porch. Looking forward to getting home and using it. (y)

fuffle master

Hit it, Hit it, Hit it Hard!!
Albatross 2021 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
I do use a putting mat, but like most, you are subject to how flat and straight your floor is.

Are there any setups for this mat to add breaks in putting?

As you have been using, have you noticed any lines being created that kinda track the ball, or does each putt go along the correct path. One of the mats I have used has to be brushed often or a tracking line is produced and the putt will follow that created line.

Canadan

You Are Great
Albatross 2021 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
+
My new Explanar mat is stilling on my front porch. Looking forward to getting home and using it. (y)
Looking forward to your feedback, especially the speed at which it comes out of the box and rolls flat.

JB

Follow @THPGolf
Albatross 2021 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
I do use a putting mat, but like most, you are subject to how flat and straight your floor is.

As you have been using, have you noticed any lines being created that kinda track the ball, or does each putt go along the correct path. One of the mats I have used has to be brushed often or a tracking line is produced and the putt will follow that created line.
I have not seen Any lines being created as of yet.

Canadan

You Are Great
Albatross 2021 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
+
I have not seen Any lines being created as of yet.
You might have posted this before and shared some info with me while I was at HQ, but what's your maintenance process on it with a dog in the house? Easy to vacuum? Do they recommend a certain way of doing it?

JB

Follow @THPGolf
Albatross 2021 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
You might have posted this before and shared some info with me while I was at HQ, but what's your maintenance process on it with a dog in the house? Easy to vacuum? Do they recommend a certain way of doing it?
So far so good and easier than my larger mat. While I dont roll it up often, it certainly can be and that would help a lot of it. Arrow likes to lay on it so far. Yet I dont have too many issues, I use our stick broom that has a roller and a couple of quick passes in hte same direction and we are good to go.

JonD

Albatross 2021 Club
Reaction score
Handicap

Yeah I had to lay mine diagonal across the basement to find a pretty flat lie. No issues of any worn in lines yet, but something I'll keep a track of. Been vacuumed once so far with no issue.

Grins

AMDG
Albatross 2021 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
That looks really nice. As much as I like my Well Putt mat, it doesn't stay flat at times. This looks like a beefier version.

JB

Follow @THPGolf
Albatross 2021 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Moved the last two posts into our more recent thread complete with video review.

TexasHacker34

SVP - Jordan Speith Fan Club
Albatross 2021 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Trending ^
Mine arrived last night.

I was shocked at how it rolled out flat right out of the box. I am going to be using this quite a bit this year in my chase for better putting.

JonD

Albatross 2021 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Due to some family issues I haven't been able to get out to the course like I'd hoped the last week or so, so this putting mat has been getting a lot of work. Very happy with this purchase. I think this makes an excellent compromise size wise between a full on indoor green and some of the smaller strip type putting mats.

Welcome to The Hackers Paradise

Don't just play golf, live it!

Register Log in