The Explanar Putting Mat Review

I want a putting mat that I can lay down out by the pool. I feel I would use it more instead of just laying it down on the floor in the house. Not sure this would work laying on the pavers around the pool. How thick is the mat?
Decent thickness. Without going pretty thick and pricey, it will work better than most, but I don’t think on traditional pavers most will work too well.

Decent thickness. Without going pretty thick and pricey, it will work better than most, but I don’t think on traditional pavers most will work too well.
Yeah that is my thought as well.

I like the concept of this one & feel it provides the best functionality for the cost. Decisions decisions....

@Canadan @JB will get one of these for my new house as it fits my straight back straight thru stroke. Curious if it is just as effective for those that have a lot of arc in their stroke like a Ben Crenshaw. Reminds me of putting on a yardstick.

@Canadan @JB will get one of these for my new house as it fits my straight back straight thru stroke. Curious if it is just as effective for those that have a lot of arc in their stroke like a Ben Crenshaw. Reminds me of putting on a yardstick.

I asked someone about this yesterday and was told it is. I believe it would be, as hitting the target doesn't really change.

Already received a notification from UPS that my new Explanar mat will be here on the 26th. That's some crazy fast turnaround!

I really enjoy this way more than I should. Been working on the angled putts for a few days now with the new Srixon Divide and love it.

I really enjoy this way more than I should. Been working on the angled putts for a few days now with the new Srixon Divide and love it.

I'm really enjoying mine as well. Been working on it this week to try and get my stroke back where I want it. I start on the center line while I'm working on takeaway or follow through and move to the diagonal putt after I'm done. Try to make one from every marker on one side before I put it up for the session. Need to start working from both sides.

Also works great if you just want to plop a few balls down real quick and roll a few putts.

My new Explanar mat is stilling on my front porch. Looking forward to getting home and using it. (y)

I do use a putting mat, but like most, you are subject to how flat and straight your floor is.

Are there any setups for this mat to add breaks in putting?

As you have been using, have you noticed any lines being created that kinda track the ball, or does each putt go along the correct path. One of the mats I have used has to be brushed often or a tracking line is produced and the putt will follow that created line.

My new Explanar mat is stilling on my front porch. Looking forward to getting home and using it. (y)
Looking forward to your feedback, especially the speed at which it comes out of the box and rolls flat.

I do use a putting mat, but like most, you are subject to how flat and straight your floor is.

As you have been using, have you noticed any lines being created that kinda track the ball, or does each putt go along the correct path. One of the mats I have used has to be brushed often or a tracking line is produced and the putt will follow that created line.
I have not seen Any lines being created as of yet.

I have not seen Any lines being created as of yet.
You might have posted this before and shared some info with me while I was at HQ, but what's your maintenance process on it with a dog in the house? Easy to vacuum? Do they recommend a certain way of doing it?

You might have posted this before and shared some info with me while I was at HQ, but what's your maintenance process on it with a dog in the house? Easy to vacuum? Do they recommend a certain way of doing it?

So far so good and easier than my larger mat. While I dont roll it up often, it certainly can be and that would help a lot of it. Arrow likes to lay on it so far. Yet I dont have too many issues, I use our stick broom that has a roller and a couple of quick passes in hte same direction and we are good to go.

Yeah I had to lay mine diagonal across the basement to find a pretty flat lie. No issues of any worn in lines yet, but something I'll keep a track of. Been vacuumed once so far with no issue.

That looks really nice. As much as I like my Well Putt mat, it doesn't stay flat at times. This looks like a beefier version.

Moved the last two posts into our more recent thread complete with video review.

Mine arrived last night.

I was shocked at how it rolled out flat right out of the box. I am going to be using this quite a bit this year in my chase for better putting.

Due to some family issues I haven't been able to get out to the course like I'd hoped the last week or so, so this putting mat has been getting a lot of work. Very happy with this purchase. I think this makes an excellent compromise size wise between a full on indoor green and some of the smaller strip type putting mats.

To those that purchased and used this mat. What are your opinions after using for a time

Should not have seen this ... now I'm gong to buy one.

The Putt Out mat is good but the putt does not stay online. It did for the first few weeks. I vacuum, brush, etc. but it has issues.

Is it just me that'd be slightly annoyed that the angled black lines look like they don't line up right into the centre of the hole but slightly off to the side.

A small thing but it'd bug me.

Good morning everyone, can anyone comment on how this compares to the perfect practice mat? I assume the major (obvious) difference is the angled putt available on this, versus the return and 2 hole sizes on the perfect practice?

I currently use a cheap putting accelerator for my practice, from 3, 5 and 7 ft - it helps build an accelerating stroke (and aim) but not much else. It has been helpful but we've had it for 8-10 years, and it's wearing a bit, I am looking for what to ask for from the family this Christmas (they get mad as I just buy myself whatever I want!), so I would ask for one of these or whatever.

I just ordered the 13 ft. model :). Looking forward to having a nice new surface to work on this winter. And @xThor has me surfing the Hole More Putts website. That looks like such a fun tool game.

Back