Not yet but i would love to learn this!

I play it from time to time. Only bring it out when needed. I try not to get too cute with shots, that's when mistakes happen.

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

I played it to perfection a couple of years ago at Shoal Creek with some THPers. I was in front of a ~4 foot wall fronting the green and I flopped it up there a couple of feet from the hole. I think LSMO witnessed it. I could try that 99 more times and not pull it off.

58* PM Grind 19 makes the phlop to much fun not to try. I will attempt at least 1 flop in most rounds as others have mentioned shot is always lie dependent.

Last one I hit I was behind a 10' tall Bush and the pin was about 30 feet behind that. That was last year and I pulled it off.

Play it? Sometimes. Don’t get myself in positions where I TRULY need to use it luckily. Do I have it? 1 in 5 says I don’t...lol

Yes and yes. The flop is a wonderful little shot to have in your bag.

Yes and yes. It's fun to play!

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

yes/yes I'll play it when the situation and lie are conducive. I'm probably a little better than average because I've hit so many of them in practice and on the course.

I have it. Only used when necessary.

WAY to high a margin for error.

Play it rarely, but I do have it.

I have it and play it situationally. I hit one today that was perfect.. That's not always the case

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

I love hitting a flop shot! It is just fun. The ball does have to be sitting just about perfect for me to try it though.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

I rarely do a true 100% flop slop and if I do I left the ball where I shouldn't. Now I will open up and give a partial quick swing carrying it 5 yards or whatever if need be. I am average at them this time of year. Honestly I try to keep it simple and not bring the awful shot into play even if it means a 10 foot par putt instead of 5 foot par putt.

I find with the PM 64 if the lie is fluffy it's not as difficult as I've been led to believe. Accelerate and hit it a little fat and you'll get good results. But it's only a shot I try if I have to go over a bunker. When I was younger my friends and I would find excuses to hit flop shots. "Flop shot?" "Flop shot!"

Use it, practice it, and like it.

Sometimes yes but it’s touchy!!!

I’m curious what people’s criteria are for calling it a flop? Simply opening up the face?

For me, it’s face laid wide open and essentially a 3/4 to full swing launching it straight up. Everything else with face slightly opened or partially opened is just a manipulated wedge shot.

I’m curious what people’s criteria are for calling it a flop? Simply opening up the face?

For me, it’s face laid wide open and essentially a 3/4 to full swing launching it straight up. Everything else with face slightly opened or partially opened is just a manipulated wedge shot.

Flop has to go up high, and land soft. Wide open face, and almost never a full swing.

Risky AF, but fun to try and execute well.

It’s in there, it hardly ever comes out of the bag anymore. I used to play it pretty well and would use it way more often than I should have, but I just don’t use often enough to be very successful with it these days.

Had to play one today. Worked out but definitely a shot that I only want to hit when I absolutely need to.

For me it's a face wide open, open stance, and swinging with some speed. Ball shoots up very high, but doesn't travel far. Drops dead.

This is pretty much how I would also define a flop shot. I’ve actually made some decent flop shots the few times I have tried them.

I've got it, and use it when needed. Although not Mickelsonesque, I can usually avoid the trouble I'm "flopping" over and put it on the green, relatively near the hole. On rare occasions, however, I've been known to hit a screaming 100 yard LW line drive, so prior to attempting the flop, I warn people to get out of the line of fire.

Back