JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Do you play it? Do you have it in your arsenal?

Practice it quite a bit...

Use it about once or twice a month in a given round of golf. No sense risking a hosel rocket across the green when you are trying to save a Par or Bogey....Yet.

That would be a no.

It has happened, but so low a % shot for me it's one I typically shy away from.

Have it, love it, but I’ve gotten away from it as of late. They say to try and play things more along the ground, but they’re not factoring in spin really messing all that up because of course it’s possible to check an 8i

Rarely. I don't practice it enough to have the distance as dialed in as I'd like.

I try to play it. Like to think I can pull it off with ok success.

I love playing it, the only reason I have it is from finding bump and runs boring when I was younger

Yep.

The PM Grind 2.0 makes it pretty easy too.

Yes I do. Play it 2-3 timers per round.

It's in the bag and it only comes out when the lie and situation are perfect. Uphill lie to a short sided pin is where it'll come out usually.

On fluffy lies or when the ball is sitting up AND it’s necessary to get it close, then yes I’ll give it a go. It’s risky, sure but it’s fun when you pull it off!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have it and I play it on occasion. Most of the time it's when I have to get over a tree and going under isn't the best shot. I changed from a low bounce LW to a mid-bounce, so now the conditions have to be a little more conducive. Before I could lob it from just about any lie.

gawd i am so bad at the flop. really any pitch requiring a high soft trajectory. i can shank it. chunk it. blade it. toe it (which basically do the same as a shank). i still try it because the shot might require it, but i am pretty freaking bad at it.

I can hit it but I only do when absolutely necessary, I'd much rather play a chip/pitch and run.

I used to be much better at it. When I first started golfing it was one of the only shots I practiced. Now I don’t practice it nearly as much, and only use it when faced with a short sided green side chip.

I thought this was a basketball thread by the title. I have tried, but usually its a skulled shot, so not readily in my arsenal.

Negative. I've hit it messing around but I'm more likely to blade it into oblivion than I am to pull it off successfully during a round. I'll still try once in a while, but only when scoring doesn't matter.

Gotta have it. 9/10 misses for me are short-sides or otherwise in the worst possible place.

Yup, either goes really good or really bad.

I can hit it on a fluffy lie, I won't try it on a tight lie.

Have it, don't use it often.

I can hit it, but I try to only use it if I absolutely have to. Too much margin for error.

I will say having the right equipment helps alot with the shot. While you theoretically can hit it with any wedge, for me a wide sole with little bounce is much easier for me than something with a high bounce with heel relief like the vokey d grind.

I do play it. When things go as planned, it's great.

I attempt to play it. Sometimes it works, sometimes I blade it. I need to practice more with my wedges...

This reminds me of something...........

I need to practice my short game

Back