The Fowler Effect

I thought so, I thought he was a puma/cobra guy. I remember him wearing the Puma painters hat somewhere. Am I misremembering-wrong?

I think you might be.
He was Cobra. But that was before the merger. He wore the Cobra painters hat a lot.
I have been looking for a while now for something with he and Puma and I just dont see it there.

Ok, its funny how my memory switched the logos like that. hmmmm... opportunity? Ill ps the op Thanks.

I doubt Fowler is bringing any new players to the game. People may want to dress like him though, so he has surely sold a hat or two. I'm sure some girls, ladies will sit and watch golf with the old man when hes playing just because he is playing as well so I'm sure he attracted a few fans. But all this could have been said about Camillo three and four years ago, he was Puma too. I do think his head to toe orange outfit is actually gonna start to cost him, bigtime. It was odd at best the first time, and to stick with something that garish and is obviously not helping him win Professional golf tourneys is foolish. "We're not in Kansas anymore toto"

How could he not. Kids like myself look up to him. And luckily rickie isn't the only one rory winning certainly helps the young generation and helps bring people to play the game. His orange will not make him win it's in honor of his college its not like he wants to be like everyone else. He wants to be himself and wants to be different from the other pros.

How could he not. Kids like myself look up to him. And luckily rickie isn't the only one rory winning certainly helps the young generation and helps bring people to play the game. His orange will not make him win it's in honor of his college its not like he wants to be like everyone else. He wants to be himself and wants to be different from the other pros.

very well said!!

Rickie is a good kid and good for golf. There are 9 pages of threads on the guy and he hasn't won a pga event. I hope he does soon.

My uncle met him on the putting green for the pro-am at Farmer Open. He gave my uncle a few tips on driving and my uncle out drove the pro he was playing with.

He needs to stick to golf. That Golf Boys video funny yet soo bad!

I think it is funny when he wears the blue smurf outfit :clapp:

i like the blue!! i do have 6 monlines and 2 pairs of shorts and about 9 shirts, all thanks to rickie!! i love the flashy look

i like the blue!! i do have 6 monlines and 2 pairs of shorts and about 9 shirts, all thanks to rickie!! i love the flashy look

Love it dude. I finally have 2 monolines. But I seriously can't find his all light blue hat. That's the only one I love all the others I like. I also like his pink that he did.

On a side note for this thread. Who would pay to see the Ryder cup next year. A match between rory and rickie, who wins?

He's already a womanizer. Not sure if that qualifies as being decent or not.

As long as he's single, not a major problem.

Love it dude. I finally have 2 monolines.

On a side note for this thread. Who would pay to see the Ryder cup next year. A match between rory and rickie, who wins?

final match for the win.. that would be epic!!

Love it dude. I finally have 2 monolines.

Rory has already proven he can win.

He's already a womanizer. Not sure if that qualifies as being decent or not.

I think it depends on the case and whether you are married for many.

As long as he's single, not a major problem.
He's still dating Olin Browne's daughter the last I checked and was so during the tournament in Naples at the end of last year.

I think it depends on the case and whether you are married for many.
He's not married, just the girlfriend. Maybe it's an open relationship. If that's the case, I guess it wouldn't qualify as being a womanizer.

The thing is, I don't believe kids that have never played golf are drawn to a course to learn the game because of him. He surely has influenced the style clothing that some golfers wear though. As far as the orange goes he said it was his college colors, ok. I think it is more of a branding, or a way for him to stand out at this point. I'm not trying to hate on the guy, I'm just disappointed is all. I had hoped he would be the standout this year not Mcilroy or Day.

He's still dating Olin Browne's daughter the last I checked and was so during the tournament in Naples at the end of last year.

He's not married, just the girlfriend. Maybe it's an open relationship. If that's the case, I guess it wouldn't qualify as being a womanizer.

See Derek Jeter, George Brett and any other athlete who stayed single til he retired (yeah, I know, Jeter isn't retired yet). Fair or not, cheating without a ring doesn't carry the stigma of cheating with a ring.

The thing is, I don't believe kids that have never played golf are drawn to a course to learn the game because of him. He surely has influenced the style clothing that some golfers wear though. As far as the orange goes he said it was his college colors, ok. I think it is more of a branding, or a way for him to stand out at this point. I'm not trying to hate on the guy, I'm just disappointed is all. I had hoped he would be the standout this year not Mcilroy or Day.

Tiger did. For me he did. Why can't rickie? (yes there is a massive difference but you get my point)

Tiger did. For me he did. Why can't rickie? (yes there is a massive difference but you get my point)

One guy won tourneys, one guy dresses flamboyantly.:D

But heads up. Look at what rickie did in last years

You may want to check the results from the Ryder Cup in 2010. I believe Rory outplayed him there as well.

Tiger did not bring people to the game by his apparel or even being a nice guy.
He brought people to the game by domination.
The same way someone with little personality like Jack Nicklaus did.
Apparel and charisma will only get you so far.
I like the kid, I do, but show me anywhere, where he has brought people to the sport. None of the casual fans are tuning in to see Rickie Fowler in my opinion. Young fans of the game, also like Fowler. That is fair and accurate, but that is a far cry from what is being described in this thread.

He has been on tour for a year and a half now. He has been above average to good, and even shown some signs of very good. He has not won. He has not dominated. He has not increased ratings. He has not set the world on fire. While he is still young, there is no way on earth to compare him to guys with wins, that are and have put people in the stands and carry ratings. Being a fan of someone is a great thing. But lets at the same time put some things in perspective.

I know JB hence why I keep saying he isn't comparable. Same goes for rory though. My point is the fact that ever golfer can bring in different people. And sorry but I have to disagree with tiger not bringing in people for his merchandise. As soon as he won the masters. The advertising for him was crazy. I remember the commercial of everyone trying to be like tiger. And at the end was "Nike" they marketed the heck out of tiger.

You may want to check the results from the Ryder Cup in 2010. I believe Rory outplayed him there as well.

Yep. Rory got 2 points, Rickie got one point. They both halved their singles match.

Off topic, but I just saw that Rory has finished 3rd, 3rd, 15th and 1st in the last four majors.

Yep. Rory got 2 points, Rickie got one point. They both halved their singles match.

Off topic, but I just saw that Rory has finished 3rd, 3rd, 15th and 1st in the last four majors.

But they played together I mean against each other? I just looked I had no idea what you were talking about I just want clarification

But they played together I mean against each other? I just looked I had no idea what you were talking about I just want clarification

No, they didn't play against each other in any of their matches.

Back