The Fowler Effect

Darn hippies. They come on the course with their new fangled ideas and ruin everything. We've never seen anything like it before. At least they don't bother us on Sundays.

Paulo,

very funny

Darn hippies. They come on the course with their new fangled ideas and ruin everything. We've never seen anything like it before. At least they don't bother us on Sundays.

Rep added!

Man I was so disappointed yesterday but I expected it. I figured he would get a top 5 but for him to fall that much just yesh still waiting for the win...

Man I was so disappointed yesterday but I expected it. I figured he would get a top 5 but for him to fall that much just yesh still waiting for the win...

I don't think he played very smart golf yesterday and that's why he lost as much as he did.

Tapatalk... Loved by me hated by the wife.

See tons of it. Lots of 910's, R11's, Prov1's, and Rickie Stuff. Tons of it

I don't think he played very smart golf yesterday and that's why he lost as much as he did.

Im with you. This is two tournaments now that he has had the lead or right in the thick of things heading to Sunday that he played very poor golf decisions wise. He was asked about this yesterday before the round and was quick to point out that he has learned a lot from the RC and WGC, but the same thing happened.

I start to question things here and there

Im with you. This is two tournaments now that he has had the lead or right in the thick of things heading to Sunday that he played very poor golf decisions wise. He was asked about this yesterday before the round and was quick to point out that he has learned a lot from the RC and WGC, but the same thing happened.

I am with you. I don't know if he has that maturity yet. One great example for me is Rory. He blew up at the Masters and everyone knew it, but when the US Open came around he didnt let that pressure effect him and ran away with the tournament. Golf is one of the most mentally demanding sports in the world, and sometimes it just takes some growing up. I hope he is able to figure it out.

I found when he got himself in a little trouble he put himself is a worse position than he was in. He needs to learn to take the chance for an up and down par or bogey and not suffer a three to four shot swing on a hole. Young and reckless.

My course is the host course for 2 local high school golf teams, so we have lots of junior golfers. Do I see lots of Puma hots and shoes and lime green and orange shirts.....sure do, is it a bad thing...don't see why it would be.

Did these kids start playing just because they saw Fowler on TV and thought he was cool.....I highly doubt it....is the Fowler effect causing a fashion trend.....maybe somewhat, but what's wrong with that, that's why Puma signed him because the knew he had that kind of appeal. But golf has seen these kind of trends before...how many people bought the straw hats after Greg Norman started wearing them, or wore Nike clothes or used Nike gear because of Tiger, and just how many pair of those spikeless shoes got sold the week after Fred Couples started wearing them.

This sport has always bad equipment trends and fashion trends that follow the "bigger personalities" on tour, Fowler just happens to have a distinct style that the younger demo identifies with, no more, no less.

***stepping off of soapbox now***

Back