The Gap Wedge - Your Flavor?

Jman

Here for the Conversation
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
SOFTCAPPED
What’s your preference for the gap wedge in your bag? Do you play one? Bladed wedge? Set gap? Why is that your choice?

What’s your preference for the gap wedge in your bag? Do you play one? Bladed wedge? Set gap? Why is that your choice?

I go back and forth on this myself. Currently using a set GW.

I prefer a matched GW, but mynirons do not offer one. I play a CBX2 for my GW. Not sure how infeel about it.

Last year I went to a bladed and I have enjoyed the versatility on the non full shots but miss the cavity set version for full swings.

I don't have a GW that matches my set. At the moment it does match the Manufacturer tho. With the new set I have coming. I have TM irons and Titleist Vokey wedges coming.

i havent had a GW in 2 years haha. been PW to 54 since getting my Apex pro 19s when they came out. This year I got the set GW with my ZX7s. One to obviously fill a gap, but mainly because itll give me another option in that 130-100 yard range instead of slamming my 54 perfect or hitting a soft PW.

looking forward to it :LOL:

Currently the RTX4.

If this entire website wasn't so adamant that I play blades this year, it'd be a CBX2 into a more forgiving iron set hahaha

CBX2. I will probably go set wedge next time unless I just keep this club. This is primarily a full or 3/4 swing club. If I am chipping with it it is a green where I am 30-40 yards out with lots of green that I want to run out which a set AW/GW will accomplish.

I’d be open to a set GW, but I’m currently using a bladed wedge. Don’t have any issues with it because the gapping is good and I can use it on full shots and around the green.

Set matched gap, used as a full wedge and occasional bump club so prefer it to match the irons.

My old set offered one and I wished I had added it to my set. It was a GI club and would have helped. I now play an sm8 for all my wedges and enjoy them.

For me, it's the Ping i200 "U" wedge (so a cavity back) that came with my full set. I like it. Basically, with a nice easy swing, my 100 yard club. I can adjust my swing to get it a little shorter or a little farther, as needed.

I use a set gap wedge. I think of it as an 11 iron.

Currently the RTX4.

If this entire website wasn't so adamant that I play blades this year, it'd be a CBX2 into a more forgiving iron set hahaha
Excuses. I played a CBX2 gap into blades last year! :ROFLMAO:

I use a set gap wedge. I think of it as an 11 iron.
Honma likes the way you think! :ROFLMAO:

Honestly, more would be freed up in their game if they would think of it this way as well.

Set gap wedge as it is primarily a full swing club.

Titleist 52 Vokey......love the versatility, look, and feel

I’m actually going to go back to a Gap Wedge from a set for a while, it’s something I want to toy with again.

It depends. If my iron set is more game improvement style I like a different GW and PW. My favorite PW-GW type club is a players CB. I have had a Titleist 718 CB PW in my bag off and on for 3 years now. It's 47* and is the perfect shape and size for pitching with. It's probably my favorite club.

Set GW all day long I only use it for fulll shots, so give me easy.

Currently the RTX4.

Forget blades.
Personally, I'd like to see you in a SGI set this year :)

Blade gap for me. I feel more comfortable with smaller profiles in the scoring clubs. I’m sure I’d love the Apex gap but I’m so used to playing three blade wedges, I didn’t want to change anything

Honma likes the way you think! :ROFLMAO:

Honestly, more would be freed up in their game if they would think of it this way as well.
I would give anything for my irons to go 10 for PW and 11 for GW/AW. It's unfortunate that only Honma does it. I love the concept.

Back