The Gap Wedge - Your Flavor?

I've got the UW (same as a GW I assume) that came with my G25's. I use it from different lies, and also find it very useful out of the sand on shots that a SW or LW might not be enough club.

I tend to lean a set gap wedge but last couple I’ve had have given me fits. Might just have to consider going normal wedge this year instead

I have tried the stand alone GW and a matching set wedge. I prefer the matching set wedge. I think because for me the gap is more of a full swing type club and would rather have the spin and flight match my PW more.

Currently set gap wedge but go back and forth all the time. For me, Gap wedge is in the 50 degree range

I prefer a set GW but have done both. Currently have a set wedge

I use my Forged Tec OL Gap. I have a 50* Ben Hogan wedge, but I prefer the one length over the standard length blade on full swings, and I use my 56* MIM more often around the green., so the set wedge fits nicely.

Usually play a set wedge to match the irons. But this year I switched to a TM HiToe to match my 54 and 60 and I’m happy I did.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just ordered an AW for my ZX7s because the lofts are so different from my previous clubs. Was using a specialty gap wedge but I'm sure I'll love the set gap.

Sent from my SM-G998U1 using Tapatalk

In the past I used a blade GW, but have recently seen the light and now use a GW/50* that matches my J15 irons.
I will probably never go back bc it has became my favorite club.

Bladed gap. Tried the set AW and while it was fine for full shots, I didn’t like manipulating the face with it. It just didn’t look right to my eye and I caught myself second and third guessing myself on if the club could pull the shot off

I play a bladed wedge, which suits me fine, because Hogan does not currently offer set gap wedges.

CF19 AW 48, then I go to 52/58 Ping Glide 3.0.

I think the CF19 AW is so versatile, and it’s great looking. Perfect wedge. I bet the CF21 AW is as good too.

Vokey sm8 50* with same i95 shaft as my irons. Also carry sm8 in 54 and 58.

I use a 3 wedge set that is not from my iron set. I would be willing to play one from my set but my present only was 4-P so that's why. I recently changed the lofts on my wedges. 50*, 54* and 60*.

RTX 4 - 50 degree

I'm pretty sure I've only ever had set AW . Am I missing something...is it time to experiment?

Set Gap Wedge, primarily a full swing club.

What’s your preference for the gap wedge in your bag? Do you play one? Bladed wedge? Set gap? Why is that your choice?
Bladed wedge if Im going to carry a full set. You just cant beat the feel and control of it. Im not a big fan of set wedges because you dont swing a wedge like you do an iron, so why do you want one that matches your irons?

Could go either way but:
With a nice players iron set ill go set GW.
With a bigger iron set I'd go blade specialty wedge.

I orderdd the Apex Pro GW to match the set. First time. I typically play a blades type match to my sw and lw.

I usually play the set GW

Set GW, as I play PW and GW more like 10 and 11 irons than wedges

I like my GW to get the ball on the green.... after that, not a big deal on what it looks like to me. :)

Currently the RTX4.

If this entire website wasn't so adamant that I play blades this year, it'd be a CBX2 into a more forgiving iron set hahaha
But for all of this nefarious conduct by the THP community, what more forgiving iron set would be of serious consideration?

Back