The Gap Wedge - Your Flavor?

I usually play a 50* blade wedge, (ZipCore at the moment).

My GW is matched to my LW and SW, not my irons. PW is matched to irons.

50° Jaws or 50° SM7. Only set wedge I played was the Epic Forged for a year.

Bladed wedge if Im going to carry a full set. You just cant beat the feel and control of it. Im not a big fan of set wedges because you dont swing a wedge like you do an iron, so why do you want one that matches your irons?
Well, in the gap spot I’d say the majority DO swing it like an iron more than a high lofted wedge. Which would beg the question why more don’t play set wedges in the gap spot.

What’s your preference for the gap wedge in your bag? Do you play one? Bladed wedge? Set gap? Why is that your choice?
Set gap for me as it’s the last of my full swing clubs.

My gap wedge is the PW from my set of JGR HF2. I bent it a few degrees weak to give it some more bounce. If I go back to the HF2 full time I’ll have to figure out what to do in that slot.

I play a 50* RTX-3 CB. Aclub that I moved away from last year, but am determined to get more familiar with this year.

Currently currently have a GW From my F Max set, and recently a 54 & 60 CBX2, by early summer hopefully I'll get a fell for expanding the CBX2 's

But for all of this nefarious conduct by the THP community, what more forgiving iron set would be of serious consideration?
I'm not sure am safe if I say.

So.

I. only. want. blades. and. stuff.

Blade Wedge - same OEM as irons MP-T20 48-08 bent to 50-10 in Nippon Steel. Would play the set Gap as long as it had Nippon ProModus 3 Wedge 125 in it. I played the set Gap Wedge previously but it was not working with a 90g shaft. I just did not like it that light.

Bladed wedge if Im going to carry a full set. You just cant beat the feel and control of it. Im not a big fan of set wedges because you dont swing a wedge like you do an iron, so why do you want one that matches your irons?
I don’t know the bounce on my M2 SW or LW. I can tell you I typically don’t take full shots with either of them, but I can if I need to. The AW is typically a full swing club and a bump and run if I have to carry a bit over rough. I love my set AW and it blends great with my irons.

50 deg RTX4. They're so good in every way. They're on closeout right now, so I bought a backup set for later.

Been thru many wedges searching for the magic of the tour action 900s. RTX4s are them.

Last edited:
For years I played a 52 Vokey, but have the GW for the Mizuno 919F’s and absolutely love it.

I'm not sure am safe if I say.

So.

I. only. want. blades. and. stuff.
I’ll protect you. We’ll litigate until they all have run out of resources. 🤣

My plan is to play the set gap wedge, which would be the Apex Pro.

my GW is a set GW...just not from my line of irons. i am undecided about it...it works. but it doesn't elicit excitement when i pull it out of the bag...is that what GWs should feel like? like..."hmmm....meh." or should they feel like "COWAFUCKINGBUNGA, IT'S GAP WEDGE TIME!!!!!" ?

Currently the RTX4.

If this entire website wasn't so adamant that I play blades this year, it'd be a CBX2 into a more forgiving iron set hahaha
I just put the CBX2 in to play for the first time yesterday and it's fantastic! I think it's going to do everything I want to do in that spot of the bag.

I just put the CBX2 in to play for the first time yesterday and it's fantastic! I think it's going to do everything I want to do in that spot of the bag.
SO good.

@AMart bought a couple this winter at my demands and was openly laughing during his first 9 of the year yesterday, based on how easy they were to hit.

When I was playing the Ping i20 I enjoyed the U wedge. With the P770, I bought a 52* M2 wedge... and a 56* and a 60*.

Still loving my sm7 50* from the 2017 vokey experience. Grooves have worn down a bit so wedges are probably next on the list to upgrade

I've had good success with both set and speciality gap wedges. Currently using a 50* Mizuno S18 and really enjoying it.

50° Cleveland CBX2.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mine is a blade , I like the versatility of the soles on these

Currently I have a 3 wedge set up, but this year I'm thinking of going with a set GW as I've missed that a little this year and just go back to 2 specialty wedges. I used my GW as much more of a full swing club, and just have more confidence with doing that from a set GW rather than anything else, no clue why!

My GW currently matches with my irons, but in the past it has typically gone along with the wedges. Quite possibly my favorite club in the bag, one I have a ton of confidence in for a variety of shots.

Back