The Garage Thread

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
We had been speaking in a different thread about garage floors and I know some people have some pretty amazing garages. There are others that have it filled with stuff and can't even park their cars in it haha (sorry @MWard). Let's see some pictures and/or ideas of what you are working on or what you want to change?

Ooh I like this! It’ll be a couple weeks until I’m photo-ready as I’m tearing down and reinstalling peg board along one side.

• Admin
Ooh I like this! It’ll be a couple weeks until I’m photo-ready as I’m tearing down and reinstalling peg board along one side.
I’m actually going to do that this weekend myself.

7601AFA3-DEF5-49AF-8994-031642E7F87C.jpeg

My garage has prepped walls on two sides, while there are two sides unfinished. Our floor was done well before we moved in, so it's in okay condition, but could use some work.

I'd spend some time on it if there was any room at all to work or even be in, but when we have two cars in there, we pretty much max out the dimensions outside of the one side (which is occupied by the riding mower.

I really wish it was deeper, or we had a third car spot.

The key to a good garage is knowing that your car will fit.........before you buy the house. Trust me on this.

Yup, mine is like @MWard and it's a giant mess. Once I get my shed and build it all the lawn and outdoor crap will be going, and hopefully I can make a decent workspace and organization

My garage is an embarrassment to garages everywhere. It used to be my shop for club building and now it's just toy storage for my kids.

We had been speaking in a different thread about garage floors and I know some people have some pretty amazing garages. There are others that have it filled with stuff and can't even park their cars in it haha (sorry @MWard). Let's see some pictures and/or ideas of what you are working on or what you want to change?

Wow. I thought we were friends and having a good day today. Guess you drank that whole preworkout drink and now you're just choosing violence:LOL:

If I moved stuff to the side, we could fit a car in there. But then we have a garage waking a kid up at who knows what time, depending if I get home late or Melissa leaves early.

Mine is just cement and nothing special. Its a 2 car but an old one and barely can fit one in comfortably haha.

Wow. I thought we were friends and having a good day today. Guess you drank that whole preworkout drink and now you're just choosing violence:LOL:

If I moved stuff to the side, we could fit a car in there. But then we have a garage waking a kid up at who knows what time, depending if I get home late or Melissa leaves early.
You have a two car garage, two late model cars. Neither are parked in there.

I have a 3 and 1/2 car garage that has never had a car in it.
Loaded with 2 PWC's on a tandem trailer, golf cart trailer, golf cart, Fridge/freezer, assorted sports equipment, etc... 😕

You have a two car garage, two late model cars. Neither are parked in there.

Melissa did for the first few years. I never have, it would confuse me.

Melissa did for the first few years. I never have, it would confuse me.
That’s a fair point. My Dad has backed into the closed garage door twice. He parks outside now...

That’s a fair point. My Dad has backed into the closed garage door twice. He parks outside now...

I've left early in the morning, and gotten home past 10pm. Me inside would be less than ideal. Whatever Melissa does is up to her, but she doesn't say anything either.

Unrelated: I have a perfect spot for my putting mat 🤷‍♂️

I have a 12V Polaris Ranger (with PJ Mask sticker on it) parked in my garage. Does that make it OK? That's sort of like having a vehicle in it.

Also just looked at my work bench and it appears I know only work with bubbles and sidewalk chalk.

My wife insists on driveway parking. Once we get the rest of the moving boxes gone it will be time to test if it can be turned into an indoor range. Now just need to save up for SkyTrack....

We have a two car garage. I can park one car on one side. The other side is a giant Jenga game.

Here’s what I work with when the cars aren’t parked in there; however the rule is that I can’t ever leave this set up because my wife’s car must always be moved back into the garage when I’m done 😕
1617907568627.jpeg

I have a house built in 1948 with a one car garage. We get my wife's Grand Cherokee in there but there is little room for anything else. I do have a shelf in the front of the garage that is filled with boxes from golf clubs and skis (snow and water) that have been shipped to me. It seems way more comes into the house than goes out :).

I would love a house with a large 3 car garage but it isn't likely to happen soon. My house is in a great location and worth the trade off.

We had a one car detached garage at the old house, now a two car attached, with a bit of extra room for storage and a workbench. Not a ton of room, but a lot more than what we had. The ceilings are pretty short, however, so I can't do anything like have a hitting net in there. Not having to clean lake effect snow off the car in the morning before work is *chef's kiss*

Mine isn't really messy, its just small. There's no way we could fit cars and stuff in there. Even when I was using one side for my 428, it barely fit in lengthwise with basic plastic shelves along the back wall. Now that I've gotten back into a full size SUV, they stay outside and the garage is storage and whatnot. Even if we wanted to, we have two single doors, I'd have to fold the side mirrors in to get them inside and it'd be scary.

We've got a two-car garage with a little room for workspace/bench. Both our vehicles get parked in there though since it's way more efficient in the wintertime than having them plugged in to prevent freezing. When I need to do some work, the vehicles come out and I can set up my tools depending on the task at hand. I do have an oil change pit though which is super handy. Nothing fancy - just large enough for one person to get under the vehicle.

Clean it up a bit, paint the walls, and add a few more cars
B1E622F8-86A9-4956-B671-FF74B75EF506.jpeg
Edit. Not my garage but they should get rid of the yellow walls

Last edited:
Sweet lift there.

Back