CONTEST The Gear: 2021 Grandaddy of em All with Callaway Golf

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
If you have been on this forum for any period of time, you have seen mention of the Grandaddy. The greatest amateur event ever created. The 2021 edition is coming and we have the captains and 9 participants, but need a full team of 11 THPers. There are only 2 spots left. If you haven't checked out the regular thread with all of the details, you can here.

2-2-1024x692.jpg

It is an all expenses paid trip of a lifetime.

What's Included
Airfare
Hotels
Club Fitting at ECPC
Full bag of clubs
Tour Callaway HQ
Meet R&D
Play Golf against Callaway
Play at one of the finest courses you will ever step foot on
And so much more its ridiculous
And you can be part of Team THP

The Contest
With only two spots, it is time to talk about the gear! The equipment is one of the amazing things about the Grandaddy with full fittings at ECPC for gear that is not released to the world yet. The question is, if you were fit to their existing line of clubs, with everything on their website available for your bag. What would be in it? Piece your 14 club bag together from their existing line driver through putter and make sure you include the golf ball.

Qualifying
You must be a 2021 Albatross Club Member to enter. The club is open to anybody and helps benefit a wonderful charity. Details here.

How to Enter
Head to CallawayGolf.com and post in this thread what your full 14 club bag would be including golf ball. If you want to include why you chose it, please do.

That is it. Then sit back and see if you get your ticket punched to the Grandaddy of em All!

Good luck everybody. This contest will remain open until later this week and then we will close the thread and announce the latest participant.

grandaddy contest day. lfg!!!

Oh happy Friday!!!!

Callaway site is going to get a lot of traffic today lol

This is going to be a great contest. Can't wait to see who our new team mate will be!

How am I supposed to go to work now and be productive.

Love this contest!! Can’t wait to see who will be joining!

I need all the forgiveness I can get

Big Bertha B21 9* - Ventus Blue 5
Epic Max 3w, Heavenwood,& 11w - Ventus Blue 7
Big Bertha B21 7h & 8h - Recoil Dart 75
Big Bertha B21 9-AW - MMT 80
Mack Daddy CB 52* bent to 53* - MMT 80
JAWS Full Toe Raw Face 58* - Recoil 95
Odyssey 2 Ball Ten S
Chrome Soft

Last edited:
Ah yes, the MF’ing GRANDADDY OF THEM ALL!

Love entry time!

What a way to start the day!!!

Hell yea, time for a Grandaddy contest.

Best of luck to everyone entering! Cant wait to see who rounds out the 2021 version of the GD team!

Thanks THP and Callaway Golf, The Grandaddy is the opportunity of a lifetime, I don't deserve it, but I really want it!

Official Entry:

Driver - Epic MAX - 10.5*
Fairway - Epic Speed 4F
Hybrid - Apex Pro 21 4H
Irons - Apex 21 4 - PW
Wedges - Jaws MD5 Platinum Chrome - 50* S-Grind, 56* S-Grind, 60* Low Bounce W-Grind
Putter- Toulon Las Vegas, 34"
Ball - Chrome Soft

Let's go!

Epic Max Driver
Epic Max 5W
Apex 21 4H
Apex 21 irons - 5-AW
JAWS Forged Wedges 52-56-60
White Hot OG Rossie putter
Chrome Soft

Epic Max LS Driver 9 Degree
Big Bertha B21 3W
Alex Hybrids, 3H & 4H
Apex DCB Irons 4-9
Mack Daddy CB 50, 54, 60, 64

Chrome Soft

Thanks for a great opportunity that would be a golf dream to me!

Last edited:
Driver- EPIC Speed Triple diamond 💎 customized to all black for two reasons, flight bias is neutral and it’s a smaller footprint.

Fairway- EPIC Speed 3 and 7 woods. Never had a 7 and very much interested in one. If these can be customized I’d do it to them too.

Irons- Apex TCB 4-P.

Wedges- Jaws Forged in 52 & then the Full Toe in 56 & 60

Putter- Since Toulon Atlanta and Vegas putters are not available I’ll go for the OG #7 with the double bend.

Ball- CSX LS

All of that would be stuffed into the CHEV stand bag.

Thanks for the opportunity for the trip of a lifetime

Last edited:
Driver - Epic MAX- w/ HZRDUS Smoke - 10.5*
Fairway - Epic MAX - 3W, 5W
Hybrid - Apex DCB 21 - 4H
Irons - Apex DCB 21 5 - PW
Wedges - Jaws MD5 Platinum Chrome - 42, 46, 58
Putter- White Hot OG #5
Ball - Chrome Soft Truvis

Oh boy there goes the first part of my work day :ROFLMAO:. My picks for my Callaway dream bag (with assistance from the online selector tools)
Epic MAX Speed Triple Diamond LS Driver - Still love my B21, but why not go for the latest and greatest? but after a little trip to the LGS I discovered the lowest spinning head I can get my hands on seems to be the way to go for me

Epic MAX 5 wood - Haven't played a FW wood in years, but I used to like having a 5 wood

Apex 21 3h, 4h, and 5h - It's my dream right? Why keep fighting 4 and 5 irons when hybrids are available?

Apex DCB 6 - AW - See above. I suck at full-swing golf (short game not so bad) so I'm going with the forgiveness over the looks

Mack Daddy CB Wedge 52* - I like to full swing up to low 50* so I'll take the max forgiveness of the Mack Daddy here

JAWS Full Toe Raw Black 56* and 60* - Who doesn't want max spin for around the green?

Odyssey TT Seven Putter - Triple Track ftw and the Seven has a similar shape to what I currently play

Chrome Soft X LS Yellow Triple Track - Going with the unknown here. This sounds like a great ball for me with driver speed, low spin off the driver, and firmer feel of the CSX combined with the higher launch and straighter ball flight of the CS.

I'd love to find out just how wrong the above choices are by getting custom fitted :D

Thanks as always to :thp: for another chance at an incredible experience!

Last edited:
No better time to think about my WITB. @Muchmore18 time to see how good or bad I am at self-fitting!

well, here we go!

I need some forgiveness in the bag, but still like a little flash :cool:

Driver - Epic MAX - 10.5*
Fairway - Epic max 5w, 7w
Irons - Apex 21 5 - A
Wedges - JAWS MD5 Platinum Chrome - 52* S-Grind, 56* w-Grind, JAWS full toe chrome -60*
Putter- Toulon Las Vegas, 34"
Ball - Chrome Soft X

pretty sure that's 14, but I'm not great at math:geek:

Awesome thread! I can build a great bag but would also take advice from the Callaway experts too.

Here would be my bag.

Epic Max 10.5 driver (not sure of shaft but want to try the Riptide currently)
Epic Max 4wood (been using one from CPO and LOVE It!)

Epic Hybrid 3/4

Apex 4-PW irons. Currently with KBS c-taper lite shafts (my favorite irons)

50/54/58 MD5 Jaws Wedges

Odyssey white hot OG 1ws with strike lab shaft

Chrome Soft ball in truvis design.

Good luck to everyone. This is truly an amazing opportunity with THP and Callaway!

If you have been on this forum for any period of time, you have seen mention of the Grandaddy. The greatest amateur event ever created. The 2021 edition is coming and we have the captains and 9 participants, but need a full team of 11 THPers. There are only 2 spots left. If you haven't checked out the regular thread with all of the details, you can here.

View attachment 9022071

It is an all expenses paid trip of a lifetime.

What's Included
Airfare
Hotels
Club Fitting at ECPC
Full bag of clubs
Tour Callaway HQ
Meet R&D
Play Golf against Callaway
Play at one of the finest courses you will ever step foot on
And so much more its ridiculous
And you can be part of Team THP

The Contest
With only two spots, it is time to talk about the gear! The equipment is one of the amazing things about the Grandaddy with full fittings at ECPC for gear that is not released to the world yet. The question is, if you were fit to their existing line of clubs, with everything on their website available for your bag. What would be in it? Piece your 14 club bag together from their existing line driver through putter and make sure you include the golf ball.

Qualifying
You must be a 2021 Albatross Club Member to enter. The club is open to anybody and helps benefit a wonderful charity. Details here.

How to Enter
Head to CallawayGolf.com and post in this thread what your full 14 club bag would be including golf ball. If you want to include why you chose it, please do.

That is it. Then sit back and see if you get your ticket punched to the Grandaddy of em All!

Good luck everybody. This contest will remain open until later this week and then we will close the thread and announce the latest participant.

Huge Friday, madly checking Callaway, the bag is building, should be easy to make 14.......

Back