The Golden Ticket

Mind-blowing stuff up in here!! Congrats @GraniteRoost !!!

my indecisiveness would be turned up to 11 if I ever got so lucky 😂😂

Oh my goodness, @GraniteRoost you got it!!!!!!!! Congrats and cannot wait to follow along with whatever event you choose!

Thanks man! I might have to steal your 10 second interview style... that was Awesome 👊.

Have any of the GT winners been in an event before? If so, how is your previous experience influencing your current decision process?

Have any of the GT winners been in an event before? If so, how is your previous experience influencing your current decision process?
Oooo I like this question

I have been in one event and it was fantastic. Check out The Graphite Challenge thread hosted by UST Mamiya and Ben Hogan. That event sold me on graphite iron shafts, and I still enjoy the custom Recoils and PTx Pros as part of my iron stable.

As far as how it influences my selection this time, a few things:
  • There is no wrong answer. Every THP Event is a blast, and there is a huge variety of events on offer in 2022. I was really stoked to get into The Graphite Challenge because I had never played graphite irons, and it turned out to be a great learning experience. Did you know the Recoil name was born of the fact that Graphite snaps back 66% faster than steel, leading to more accurate delivery? And THAT is how the Recoil name was born, as told by the man who named it @DannyLe at the Friday night Meet & Greet dinner. #knowledgebombs1642942044294.png
  • There are a ton of Experiences scheduled in 2022, and they are intentionally diverse to showcase different OEM's and different aspects of equipment. Choose one that appeals to what you are interested in at the time. Don't be afraid to pick something you are passionate about and make it your own.
  • You meet the best people at THP Events, so cherish the forum discussions, the time spent leading up to an Experience, and the interaction with everyone following along. The process of doing this before, during, and after builds bonds. I still enjoy talking to all the guys that were on The Graphite Challenge trip, and let me tell you they were the first to reach out with texts and PM's today. I love those guys. Choose to enjoy the entire Experience.

Last edited:
Awesome @GraniteRoost! Congratulations, man. Whoop whoop! You're on a hell of a run!

Congrats @GraniteRoost ! Going to be fun seeing who gets the next shoulder tap!

I have been in one event and it was fantastic. Check out The Graphite Challenge thread hosted by UST Mamiya and Ben Hogan. That event sold me on graphite iron shafts, and I still enjoy the custom Recoils and PTx Pros as part of my iron stable.

• There is no wrong answer. Every THP Event is a blast, and there is a huge variety of events on offer in 2022. I was really stoked to get into The Graphite Challenge because I had never played graphite irons, and it turned out to be a great learning experience. Did you know the Recoil name was born of the fact that Graphite snaps back 66% faster than steel, leading to more accurate delivery? And THAT is how the Recoil name was born, as told by the man who named it @DannyLe.
  • There are a ton of Experiences scheduled in 2022, and they are intentionally diverse to showcase different OEM's and different aspects of equipment. Choose one that appeals to what you are interested in at the time. Don't be afraid to pick something you are passionate about and make it your own.
  • You meet the best people at THP Events, so cherish the forum discussions, the time spent leading up to an Experience, and the interaction with everyone following along. The process of doing this before, during, and after builds bonds. I still enjoy talking to all the guys that were on The Graphite Challenge trip, and let me tell you they were the first to reach out with texts and PM's today. I love those guys. Choose to enjoy the entire Experience.

Happy for you!! Go get it!

• There is no wrong answer. Every THP Event is a blast, and there is a huge variety of events on offer in 2022. I was really stoked to get into The Graphite Challenge because I had never played graphite irons, and it turned out to be a great learning experience. Did you know the Recoil name was born of the fact that Graphite snaps back 66% faster than steel, leading to more accurate delivery? And THAT is how the Recoil name was born, as told by the man who named it @DannyLe.
Just read through the Graphite Challenge thread! What a blast! Fun seeing so many familiar names too. @Parrot in particular!

Can someone point me to the announcement? How do I not see it.

Congratulations @GraniteRoost and thanks THPers blowing it up on this thread.

These random shoulder taps are amazing!

Congrats @GraniteRoost Youre having a heck of a year on THP!

Let's see who jumps out and gets this one sometime this week.

Back