CONTEST The Golf Ball: 2021 Grandaddy of em All with Callaway Golf

Wow, the ball selector tool is pretty easy to use, and returned a great recommendation. I'm hoping I can still sneak an entry in for this contest!

Based on what I have played in the past , ChromeSoft X is my preferred ball, based on desired attributes of Greenside Control, Piercing Flight, and Firm Feel. The top two choices from the Ball Selector were ChromeSoft X and ChromeSoft X Triple Track. Works for me!

1618924129706.png

The TT are great. I would love to see a truvis with them. If I was playing a Non Truvis chome soft the TT would be the ball.
I used to align my ball for putting, but it was never perfect and I would doubt the alignment. TT sounds like it really helps eliminate the single line doubt.

I agree. I wonder if it's because most players want High Launch, Low Spin off the driver. I know or think I do, LOL!! That matches with the CS.

I love high launch/low spin off of driver! But I need the green side check ups. My problem is taking spin off on those shorter shots I want to roll out..😅

I find it curious that the ball recommended for me was the SuperSoft Magna. I think Callaway needs to update its ball selection tool.

I find it curious that the ball recommended for me was the SuperSoft Magna. I think Callaway needs to update its ball selection tool.

What ball do you normally play?

From previous experience with the Chrome Soft lineup I was pretty sure I'd play the Chrome Soft. And sure enough, the online selector came down to Chrome Soft, Chrome Soft Triple Track, and Chrome Soft Yellow!
1618939883955.png

I think she's probably referring to the fact that the Supersoft Magna is last year's model - this year's is the Supersoft Max. Also, they introduced a ladies' ball this year (the Reva), which would be a relevant recommendation for a woman.

If they haven't updated the ball fitting tool, that would probably also explain the lack of recommendations for the Chrome Soft X LS - I'm not going to page all the way back through, but has it been a recommendation for anybody yet?

I think she's probably referring to the fact that the Supersoft Magna is last year's model - this year's is the Supersoft Max. Also, they introduced a ladies' ball this year (the Reva), which would be a relevant recommendation for a woman.

If they haven't updated the ball fitting tool, that would probably also explain the lack of recommendations for the Chrome Soft X LS - I'm not going to page all the way back through, but has it been a recommendation for anybody yet?
That makes a lot of sense. I am not super familiar with the super soft line. No one has been recommended for the LS from what I have seen.

I usually play SuperSoft, but I was referring to the fact that the ball selector is not updated with Callaway's latest offerings.

That makes a lot of sense. I am not super familiar with the super soft line. No one has been recommended for the LS from what I have seen.

I just tried to feed it every preference I thought could play into Low Spin - Distance, Straight, & Piercing Flight as my top 3 desired attributes, in that order. I still got CSX instead of LS.

Ball selector was spot on and picked the Chrome Soft. Thanks THP for the opportunity!Screenshot_20210420-165700_Chrome.jpg

I'll guess the regular Chromesoft
and I was correct
1618953047246.png

My selection of Chrome Soft was completely consistent with my expectations as well as actual testing the chrome soft triple track ball last year for THP. Excellent performance ball for Callaway!

I play the Chrome Soft, usually the Travis ones and the selector picked Chrome Soft, Chrome Soft triple track and Chrome Soft triple track yellow!

I am on a tablet and can't get the pic to upload as it is 8 meg. I don't know how to reduce it on a phone or tablet but will keep trying then edit post if successful. :)

4-23-21 Edit: I just figured out how to resize the photo so it will upload so please count me in!PicsArt_04-23-08.29.26.jpg

Last edited:
I usually play SuperSoft, but I was referring to the fact that the ball selector is not updated with Callaway's latest offerings.

Got it!

I just tried to feed it every preference I thought could play into Low Spin - Distance, Straight, & Piercing Flight as my top 3 desired attributes, in that order. I still got CSX instead of LS.
I figured 'Straight' was throwing that off, so I went with a higher cap, 300y drive, and picked Distance, Firm Feel, and Peircing Flight, and it still gave CSX. Feels like LS isn't in there. :confused2:

Was curious to run this exercise as I had been playing Chrome Soft for the entirety of 2019 and most of 2020. Mostly because the green truvis were on deep discount at Dick's and I wanted to be consistent with my golf ball choice.

I guess I got lucky when I made that pick....

Greenside control, soft feel, and straight were the characteristics I went with.

cally.JPG

I have played the x in the past, so that is what I would choose.

Ball selector chose:

Capture.PNG

It’s getting close.

I'd probably chose the chromesoft x as I prefer the feel and distance of the harder ball and have used it with good results. Selector puts me in the regular version though so may have to try it...

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210423-170657.png
    Screenshot_20210423-170657.png
    27.8 KB · Views: 1
Back