CONTEST The Golf Ball: 2022 Grandaddy of Em All with Callaway Golf

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
If you have been on this forum for any period of time, you have seen mention of the Grandaddy. The greatest amateur event ever created. The 2022 edition is coming and we have the captain, assistant captain and one teammate, but need a full team of 12 THPers. This is contest #1 of the new year and you could join them.

It is an all expenses paid trip of a lifetime.

What's Included
Airfare
Hotels
Club Fitting at ECPC
Full bag of clubs
Tour Callaway HQ
Meet R&D
Play Golf against Callaway
Play at an amazing venue
And so much more its ridiculous
And you can be part of Team THP

Screen Shot 2022-03-25 at 7.06.56 AM.png

The Contest
Callaway has a full lineup of golf balls and part of that is the Chrome Soft Family. It is made up of Chrome Soft, Chrome Soft X and Chrome Soft X LS. They give you a full rundown from @JohnnyCallaway here. Your job will be to watch that video from Johnny Wunder and tell us which ball is right for you.

Qualifying
You must be a 2022 Albatross Club Member to enter. The club is open to anybody and helps benefit a wonderful charity. Details here.

How to Enter
We want to know which golf ball you would select from the Chrome Soft Family. Entering is pretty easy.
Step 1: Watch the video we linked above.
Step 2: Decide which ball is right for you.
Step 3: Post in this thread in 15 words or less which ball you will be choosing for 2022 and why.

Then sit back and see if you win the greatest prize possible for a golfer. A ticket punched to the Grandaddy of Em All with Callaway Golf.

Good luck everybody. This contest will remain open until Wednesday the 30th and then we will close the thread and announce the latest participant.

1638808357990.jpeg

Woohoo!!! This is insaaaaane! Better For The Best. Better For Everyone.

And go Chrome Soft X! 😁

CS TT distance spin and help aligning putts(I need help!)

Looks like Silver box for me! Less spin off the tee, more around greens!

CSX LS - High Ball Speed, Controllable Spin, Great short game plus Truvis and Triple Track

*not an Entry because Morgan Cup this season.

Last edited:
ChromeSoft XLS - higher launch window to maximize distance while increasing spin around the greens.

Oh boy, oh boy, OH BOY! I love Grandaddy contests! Here's my official entry:

As a high handicapper, I’d play the red box Chrome Soft for its forgiving capabilities.

Yes! Another contest love it

Here we go!

Step 1: Watch the video we linked above. ✅
Step 2: Decide which ball is right for you. Red Box - Chrome Soft
Step 3: Post in this thread in 15 words or less which ball you will be choosing for 2022 and why. Chrome Soft. Wunder had me at more speed off the tee. Soft isn't always slow.

Last edited:
Let's go!!!

CS (yellow Triple Track) would be my ball due to self correcting and distance off the tee.

Lets go people! Time to get your Grandaddy on! This one better go for pages and pages and pages.

Chrome Soft Triple Track Yellow
A softer ball to reduce spin and a better feel. Yellow for easier to see. And Triple Track because TT is awesome!

So this is how it starts eh? Gotta get my words ready!!!

I Wunder what Ball everyone will choose 🤔🤔

Playing Chrome Soft aka red box for 2022 due to the forgiveness.

Back