The Golf Channel - Morning Drive

I watched some this morning. I used to like listening to Gary Williams on Mad Dog Radio and when he was on PGA Network Radio for coverage. Sometimes I like EK but sometimes he drives me nuts. I giving it a chance, I could only watch from 7-8 than off to work. Too bad it didn't start at 6 or 6:30.

agreed! wouldn't mind seeing it start a little earlier for that very same reason. they were going at it over the MLB HOF inductions, i figured it would be right up your alley. i find it interesting that MLB is now catergorized by pre/post steroid era.

I am sure this has been asked or answered but is there a way to listen to this through an app or on your phone or radio or is it only something that can be watched? I have only watched it so I didn't know.

The thing I like most about this is that it's not all golf talk which I think will appeal to more people and eventually a greater following. Really liking what I've heard so far. I think if they went with an all golf talk format it would've flopped because you can get that on satellite radio but the added sports talk is a real plus imo

The thing I like most about this is that it's not all golf talk which I think will appeal to more people and eventually a greater following. Really liking what I've heard so far. I think if they went with an all golf talk format it would've flopped because you can get that on satellite radio but the added sports talk is a real plus imo

I like that too plus until we really start getting into the tournaments and such it's hard to fill up that much air time with golf talk. Sure you can come up with things but it would get old and boring very fast. I like that they touch on other sports but don't spend the entire show on just those sports.

and they've seemed to create an avenue in which it's appealing for the players and others to come in and discuss topics. i mean look at today's show: finchem, fienstein (spelling, i know), gmac, sir donald.............pretty awesome stuff!

I am sure this has been asked or answered but is there a way to listen to this through an app or on your phone or radio or is it only something that can be watched? I have only watched it so I didn't know.

Ive been wondering how people can watch this and still go to work. I have yet to see it and most likely wont but sounds like a good show.

Ive been wondering how people can watch this and still go to work. I have yet to see it and most likely wont but sounds like a good show.

They have the studio set up a lot like Mike & Mike which makes me think it's on the radio somewhere but I am not sure where.

They have the studio set up a lot like Mike & Mike which makes me think it's on the radio somewhere but I am not sure where.

Makes me wonder if theyre going to get it on Sirius at some point. I know theres a golf channel on Sirius but I dont think I get it. Think its part of the best of package.

watched it this morning, not my cup of tea... if you like Mike & Mike (I don't) you might like this. Just don't like two guys yelling for no apparent reason...

Makes me wonder if theyre going to get it on Sirius at some point. I know theres a golf channel on Sirius but I dont think I get it. Think its part of the best of package.

My new car came with XM radio and I am thinking of upgrading to the best of package to get Sirus as well. I would love if they had this show on there. Especially if I can get it on my phone and listen to it while at the gym. Haha it would be even funnier if they were talking about Tiger while I am at the gym watching him workout.

watched it this morning, not my cup of tea... if you like Mike & Mike (I don't) you might like this. Just don't like two guys yelling for no apparent reason...

If you don't like Mike & Mike I can definitely see why you don't like this. I actually love the format of Mike & Mike just like I like this show and PTI on ESPN. Most ESPN shows bore me but that format is fun for me personally.

My new car came with XM radio and I am thinking of upgrading to the best of package to get Sirus as well. I would love if they had this show on there. Especially if I can get it on my phone and listen to it while at the gym. Haha it would be even funnier if they were talking about Tiger while I am at the gym watching him workout.

I thought it was a wakeboarder or something. I did not realize it was TW.

I thought it was a wakeboarder or something. I did not realize it was TW.

The cat was let out of the bag by a certain someone who gives too many hints. ; ) Yes it is the man, the myth, the legend...Mr. Tiger Woods who works out the same gym as me.

I think if you get the Best of you'll get the Sirius NFL channel, I love that channel. I pretty much never change it off 124.

And then you call in...'

Morning Drive- 'Let's go to GG from Orlando GG.....Orlando, hello!'
GG- 'Hey guys, first time long time!'
MD- 'what's on your mind GG?'
GG- 'You'll never believe this, I think TW is at my gym, I can't quite see him from here on the second level but I think it's him'
MD- 'Really? What's he doing?'
GG- 'Not sure. Maybe it's meditating? But he definitely has a copy of the latest issue of THP the Magazine in his hand!'
MD- 'Thanks for the tip GG, there you go ladies and gentlemen, Tiger is getting ready for a serious comeback and he's starting with the mental part of his game. Next up, why the Big 10 stinks!'

I think if you get the Best of you'll get the Sirius NFL channel, I love that channel. I pretty much never change it off 124.

+1 Moving the chains is maybe the best show on radio if you love sports and football.

I was looking for a thread on this. Great show and I'm looking forward to following it in the morning. Golf Channel needed this. I listen to EK when he fills in on Mike and Mike, I think he does a great job!

If you haven't listened in, be sure to.

The cat was let out of the bag by a certain someone who gives too many hints. ; ) Yes it is the man, the myth, the legend...Mr. Tiger Woods who works out the same gym as me.
When I'm down there I might get a guest pass and ask him to spot me while I try to max out on my bench press. :laughing: Then when I put 400 lbs on the bar and I nearly kill myself I can say TW saved my life!

When I'm down there I might get a guest pass and ask him to spot me while I try to max out on my bench press. :laughing: Then when I put 400 lbs on the bar and I nearly kill myself I can say TW saved my life!

LMAO!! That is hilarious. I would bring a camera to the gym just to see that. hahaha

LMAO!! That is hilarious. I would bring a camera to the gym just to see that. hahaha
I told JB that I'd never get star struck and act like a little girl at a Justin Bieber concert but he didn't believe me.

So back on topic, I know the Morning Drive is steamed live at golfchannel.com, the only thing that kinda sucks for me is that by the time I get to work and would put it on they're already done for the day. I'll watch tomorrow from the elliptical machine at home though.

I'm looking forward to getting home to see this. So far I've missed it because the folks don't have golf channel on their cable package at their house in FL *killing me, btw because how am I suppose to come down on weekends to golf AND not watch tourny coverage* and the hotel I'm staying at has the lamest cable package (5 shopping channels, every Fox news channel known to man, and only ESPN2?!) But you can bet it will be a nice change from my normal morning background noise.

If you don't like Mike & Mike I can definitely see why you don't like this. I actually love the format of Mike & Mike just like I like this show and PTI on ESPN. Most ESPN shows bore me but that format is fun for me personally.

Now PTI I love, I actually DVR it so i don't miss it, PTI format is a little different I think, more funny and entertaining

Now PTI I love, I actually DVR it so i don't miss it, PTI format is a little different I think, more funny and entertaining

I will agree with you there. There is definitely a bit more humor thrown into PTI but at the same time it's still two guys arguing.

+1 Moving the chains is maybe the best show on radio if you love sports and football.

If you think you know football, listen to Moving the Chains for a week, and you'll realize how little you actually know about the intracacies of the game. Do you know what '12 personnel' is? Know where the '5 technique' lines up? You'll learn by listening.

If you look at EK with ESPN though he wasn't exactly heading up every one of their shows and/or broadcasts, he had his own show that ran at times that I barely ever even heard it, then he was a routine substitute for shows like Mike and Mike and even the Doug Gottlieb show so really this isnt that big of a step back for him. Why be the 5th or 6th or 7th guy in a network when he can come to Golf Channel and bring instant recognition and hopefully snowball that into a successful run. I don't love EK but I don't mind him either, he can get irritating when he gets on his soap box and preaches about the right and wrong of a certain situation but then again, is there a sports talk radio host that doesn't get irritating when they're doing that? I think it's a good move for EK and for Golf Channel.

After watching for a week, I really think that Kuselias has a long way to go to get up to speed on the golf world. He even said that he hadn't played any golf in the last year. His take on the Being #1 vs. Winning a Major was laughable. It will be interesting to hear what his take is of the Villegas situation on Monday. I can understand GC's desire to have someone who can talk sports other than golf, but at what expense? I think they are toeing a fine line with respect to credibility when he starts offering opinions on topics that he clearly isn't well informed on.

I used to listen to Gary Williams when he had the show at WFNZ am in Charlotte.

I like it so far, I'm partial though cause I really enjoy Gary Williams. cut my sports teeth listening to him on charlotte AM radio, I was sad when he left but hope this show last.

It's funny that the only people that are talking about GW are the ones who know him from WFNZ. He grew up at Ridgeway CC in NJ (where they played the Barclays this year), and was an Asst. Pro at Seminole before getting into broadcasting. He definitely knows his golf, and can hold his own when talking about other sports as well, something that remains to be seen from EK.

This has been the biggest drawback for me so far. This is a TV show about a radio show, except for the fact that it's not on radio. It's obvious that they tried to duplicate the successful Mike & Mike or DP Show models, but the big difference is that it is not actually being broadcast anywhere on the radio. Why have those big radio mics in front of them when they are also wearing lavaliere mics?

I tend to disagree. The viewer on Golf Channel is tuning in for one thing and one thing only, golf. They can find general sports talk in a hundred other places. If the show is talking other sports for more than a few seconds, I think the golf junkie is going to lose interest. Matt Adams and Brian Katrek were poking fun at them for having a deep discussion of the baseball HOF candidates the other day. Hopefully now that they have actual tournaments to talk about, the show will become even more golf-heavy. I'd rather them talk about the Dustin-Natalie romance than the NBA.

and they've seemed to create an avenue in which it's appealing for the players and others to come in and discuss topics. i mean look at today's show: finchem, fienstein (spelling, i know), gmac, sir donald.............pretty awesome stuff!

I think they must have a group of golf experts that make regular appearances. It sounds like Rostaforte will be on each Monday at 7:45, and that's a good start. I think they need to get others like Hoggard, Elling, Rude, and Hawkins to make regular appearances as well. That is going to satisfy golf fans a whole lot more than The Donald.

The Tour just shelled out major bucks to take on production of the programming on PGA Tour Radio. I don't see them changing the programming unless GC wants to pay the Tour to have the show on the radio.

Back