The Golf Chick Project

I have a putting mat I roll out in my living and practice while watching dvrd golf on TV. When the cat isn't sitting on it, I've found it really helpful.

GC, your lessons are going awesome and I am looking forward to golfing with you next trip out to my LA clients!

Look at the cat as a bunker and try to chip over it. that is what I do. :D

Tomorrow is my golf lesson...I think I'll be working on my 4 and 5 hybrids as well as my 3wood, then I'd have completed every single club in the bag! But I need the most help with my fairway/approach shots. Once I get those down, my game should all come together. I can drive into the fairway 9/10 times :clapp:

Tomorrow is my golf lesson...I think I'll be working on my 4 and 5 hybrids as well as my 3wood, then I'd have completed every single club in the bag! But I need the most help with my fairway/approach shots. Once I get those down, my game should all come together. I can drive into the fairway 9/10 times :clapp:

Now you'll be shootin with a full arsenal. Good work GC.

9 outta 10 times... wow... great job

Love it, goal setting is the way to go! If you have an iphone one of the best things for me has been an app called grooveswing. Its only 2.99 and you can record you swing and play it back frame by frame. It really helps me to see what I doing wrong as well as being told. My teacher isnt there to record me all the time, so I get a friend or one of those guys thats always dying to give me unsolicited advice at the range;)

HUGE setback during today's lesson :angry: HUGE!!!

I was ready to work with my 3w and 4 & 5 hybrids...well, my chicken wing came back :crying: So we were working with my 5i to straighten out my arms and get my weight shift back. What happened?!?!? It was like I'm starting from the ground up again :sad: However, huge breakthrough...I may need to get a new 3w and 4hybrid. These are the heaviest (and my 5h) clubs in my bag and I struggle with them because they've got more weight on them. My 5i, no problem. My other irons, no problem. Just issues with my 3w and 4h & 5h. So maybe this weekend I'll look into getting fitted for a new 3w and a 4something not sure what though. I'd like a lighter 3w that I can hit and swing with ease, even my instructor said I'm struggling with them because they are heavier. And for the 4 what...I'm not sure if I want a hybrid or a 4w or a 4i. I already have a 5i, so I'd welcome suggestions as to a 4what :)

I just don't know what happened, I had a really bad golf game today. But my instructor said that it happens to everyone!! But luckily, on a happier note, I was able to straighten out my swing with him there and my off day came with my instructor around to help!!

hang in there setbacks happen but I am sure you can work through it. Rooting for you.

No doubt, there have been range sessions where I have no idea who is swinging the club. Keep at it, consistency and confidence in your swing takes time.

hang in there setbacks happen but I am sure you can work through it. Rooting for you.

I worked on several drills last night. My instructor has put up a stick in front of me and my club was supposed to go over it and not hit the stick. He also placed 3 golf balls in front of me but diagnolly and I was only to hit the middle golf ball (I think I have an out to in swing path, or maybe the other way around, I don't remember). But I ended up hitting both the middle golf ball and the bottom one and hit the stick :angry: Never touched the top one, but would hit the bottom one in addition to the middle one :( Towards the end of the lesson, I was hitting only the middle golf ball and missing the stick that was placed in front.

Even though it seemed like I was progressing, it felt like a huge step backwards. I couldn't hit with my driver at all yesterday either :sad: More work is in progress...

stay confident and keep working at it.

He's just asking more from you because he feels you are now ready for it. If you want to improve you'll need to be challenged like this, so don't fret, you are always moving forward.

Heck, we all have off days with the driver, so don't worry and keep looking down the road and not back where you've already been.

My golf lesson is tonight, we'll be working on my new 3w and 4h. Hopefully I'll have my swing back and we can work with my new clubs...hmmm....Next week will be our 12th lesson, we'll renew another set of 6 but I'm thinking we'll do every other week instead of every week. I, except for lately, have my swing pretty much down, with an ocassional mishap or two (like last week :banghead:).

So we had our lesson last night. I couldn't hit with my 3wood off the grass :crying: I was able to hit my driver fine, my irons fine, my 3w...NOPE!!! We have LOTS of work to do. I kept pretending that my 3w was like a driver, and to just use the same swing, didn't work. Couldn't do it...couldn't do it...couldn't do it :banghead: I have a long journey ahead with my 3w. I figure, once I get that working, then my fairway shots will be great!! But until then...I guess I'll keep using my 5iron since its the longest club that I can hit well in the fairway :(

On a side note, the BF brought his TM Burner with him last night. He was firing that thing over the fence at the far end of the range...yikes!!! He's a monster with his driver and will start bringing it in his bag when we go to the course. He's been using his 4iron.

On a sad note, our golf course is going to be put up on the auction block today...but we'll go where ever our instructor goes...

Remember a good golf sing is not built quickly you keep hanging in there and I know you'll be nutting your 3W before you know it. Bloody shame about the course going on the auction block, boy that seems to be happening quite often lately.

Don't worry about the 3W, GC. I have played many rounds without even pulling it out of the bag. It is useful at times, but nothing to fret over.

Keep up the hard work GC !

It took my wife quite a while before she could hit her 3 wood off the deck.

Her instructor kept telling her...quit taking a practice swing and then hit the ball....step up, set up, and hit the ball with your practice swing!

Now instead of being scared to get it out of the bag, she loves hitting it.

I'm fine with my driver and my irons, I just have problems with my 3w and my 4h. I need to get them figured out quick because that's what hurting my game the most, my fairway shots :crying: I'll keep at it. The 3w is longer than the driver? I'm not afraid of it per se, I think I end up killing the ball and wanting to get the ball up. I can hit my driver, but I can't hit my 3w. They're both woods and they're both longer clubs so you'd think they'd be the same swing, haa haa...

Hopefully we'll still have a golf course :)

The driver and 3W swings are almost the same if you are hitting off a tee. My best 3H swings are the result of a controlled tempo letting the club do the work.

I'm fine with my driver and my irons, I just have problems with my 3w and my 4h. I need to get them figured out quick because that's what hurting my game the most, my fairway shots :crying: I'll keep at it. The 3w is longer than the driver? I'm not afraid of it per se, I think I end up killing the ball and wanting to get the ball up. I can hit my driver, but I can't hit my 3w. They're both woods and they're both longer clubs so you'd think they'd be the same swing, haa haa...

Are you saying your 3 wood is longer than your driver? If so, you need to have that looked into. It shouldn't be longer.

Major breakthrough today!! I was able to hit my 3w and my 4h off the grass!! We went to the range today and hit a large bucket of balls. By the time I had 4 range balls left, I figured out how to hit my 3w so I had to get another bucket of balls to work on it some more :clapp: I wasn't able to hit it very far, but I was able to make good contact though, so I'm making progress. What was getting me was my shift weight. I think I wasn't shifting my weight correctly which caused me to shank the ball. I have tons more work today, but today's range session felt great. So because I was doing better with my 3w and 4h, I wasn't able to hit my driver at all :banghead:

Hang in there girl. On a three wood you actually move it back in your stance a little and take a small ( small divot) and turn on through towards your target goal. Kelly has a really good link on this shot so pm her and she will send it to you. If i try to pick the ball on the fairway it can get do all king of funny things. You want solid contact.

Happy golfing,
Gray

Sounds like some good progress! The longer clubs tend to exaggerate swing flaws, so it'll probably help you to realize the weight shift problem.

Played today and I was able to use my 3w in the fairway for 153 yards onto the green :clapp: YAY!!! Par 5 hole, I hit the green in 3 shots but ended up 3-putting for a bogey :sad:

Great job! Your hard work is paying off. Hows the hybrid coming along?

Played today and I was able to use my 3w in the fairway for 153 yards onto the green :clapp: YAY!!! Par 5 hole, I hit the green in 3 shots but ended up 3-putting for a bogey :sad:

great shot... those pars will come soon!

Back