The Golf Ramble Thread

Smallville

#ICanHitADraw
Reaction score
Handicap
In Flux
For things about your golf game that really don't have anywhere else to go.

I hit nine fairways again today (out of 12). One fairway I missed bad, the other two were good misses. Normally I am at five or six. So this is two of the last three rounds I am at 75% of fairways hit.

The guy I played with told me he noticed I was taking a divot on the OTHER side of the ball most of the time today, which is something I have been working on forever, it seems!

I hit every club well yesterday except my driver. I only needed it on 5 holes but it was slice city. Drove me nuts because I was on fire with my hydrids and irons off the tee.

Went to the course on Saturday evening late to walk nine holes. Realized I forgot socks when I went to put my shoes on. Had to walk back to the clubhouse and buy socks. Fortunately they had a buy 1 get 1 free sale going on so I'm keeping one pair in the car for the next time I forget to bring socks.

I played golf with KB & TOAD Saturday. I was the one falling back into a trap

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I hit 12 fairways Friday enroute to a fantastic round. I think that's because the ball plugged on every shot.

I didn't get to play this weekend. That makes for a bad weekend.

had a somewhat frustrating beginning to my round on sunday. played on the southeast part of town, and they had been hammered with rain the day before, more so than the normal afternoon showers. i arrived with enough time for my warmup, only to find out they had a tournament that morning (i booked on golfnow), but i was going out before the tournament. i purchased a small bucket of range balls, and then was told just to hit off the pyramids for the tournament. oh well, what's $6? get to the range, and not a single available area to hit from. wait a good 5-10 minutes for something to open up, start my warmup, then get called up to the 1st tee 15 minutes before my tee time. didn't get to hit driver, chip or putt. get to number 1 in a hurry, and 3 guys are waiting on me. hit the fairway, but come up short and in a bunker on my approach. the bunker has standing water, and of course my ball is in it. awesome. take my drop and penalty stroke, and blade the bunker shot over the green into rough that is soaking wet and muddy over the green. chunk that, finally get on, and 2-putt. the round ended up being enjoyable other than a complete breakdown on the back 9, but that start was SO frustrating.

Yesterday I hit more fairways and greens than I had ever done before....... and then couldn't make a putt to save my life.

10 Pars, and a bunch of those were two putting within 6 feet. NOT GOOD

I keep hovering around my PB score (at a non home course), but I just can't break through.

Played yesterday. Hit 13 GIR but, one in the water, had 2 3-putts, and didn't make a putt over 6 feet for a 3 over 75. Seemed like every putt I hit looked like it was going in 5 feet from the hole and then tailed off at the very end. SO close to a really good score.

My best friend and golf league partner finally had a "it all comes together" day. He shot 49 on the front (with a birdie and two 8's) but shot 36 (+1) with two birdies on the back. Fun to watch.

First time he broke 90 this year and maybe ever, I am not sure!

Hope it continues tomorrow night!

It was weird to golf yesterday without a goal to work towards. I tried to just enjoy the game but as a guy who usually grinds it out its a mental space I'm not familiar with.

I'm not looking forward to returning to my home course today. I have spent the past 5 weeks or so playing nicer courses with greens that roll true and probably speeds of 8.5-10.0. *sigh* back to the ol' 6.0 green speed, or less, depending on whether it gets mowed today.

~Rock

the bunker has standing water, and of course my ball is in it. awesome. take my drop and penalty stroke,

Why a penalty stroke? Standing water in a bunker is casual water...

good point! I did still drop in the bunker. so I guess that 89 is an 88 instead. too bad it esc'd to 88 anyway :)

thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Correct and I believe you can move the ball to another part of the bunker, no closer to the hole. At least that's how we play from the mud pits we have here in the mornings.

More often than not we just have to pull the ball all the way out and drop outside the bunker.

Ever have those rounds where you're thrilled with your game but it's still a "round that could have been?"

My last 4 rounds are a combined +6 and all 4 could have been par or under. Couple putts here and there and I would have reached my goal.

A stupid approach cost me yesterday. Have to stay focused!

Ever have those rounds where you're thrilled with your game but it's still a "round that could have been?"

!

Absolutely yes. I have been thrilled with my play and keeping my final scores on the lower end of my spectrum more consistently than ever before. But still there is always some shoulda, woulda, coulda's in every round. And also as of late it seems my tee game is working every other round. One round you cant pay me to hit a bad tee shot while the next round you cant pay me to hit a real good one. Been doing this for about 5 rounds now.

No matter how well I play there is always one part that just doesn't cooperate that day. But with all that said I been very happy as my cap has dropped from about 16.5 to 13.9 at current. My goal for many years has been to keep my scores below 90 on a consistent basis and 10 of my last 20 rounds have been just that while the rest very close. Over all I am feeling great about that. I feel like I finally became a golfer.

My last 4 rounds are a combined +6 and all 4 could have been par or under. Couple putts here and there and I would have reached my goal.

A stupid approach cost me yesterday. Have to stay focused!
Yeah - today. Personal best at my home course (by two strokes), with 39 putts. If I could have putted anything from further than 5 feet, I might have been able to go really low.

I hit five really good shots last night during league. The kind that make you look like you know what you are doing.

I notice that the best shots come when my swing feels the most awkward.

Must mean I have a ways to go!

Sometimes I think I have restricted my golf game so much, to the point that I could get a driver and iron shots to go straight most of the time, that I have lost so much distance.

I have no idea how to get that distance back without losing the accuracy.

Three off the tee sucks. Happening twice is dreadful.

I can't wait until I can hit my best shots without them feeling awkward.

I decided to put the weight of the R9 in the heel for the "draw" setting, and oh my that was a good decision. Bombinggggg it now.

I hope I can keep up the good wedge play from the weekend. I almost do not want to play, just practice, for a while.

I need to get my driver going today, it's killing my scores.

Back