The Golf Ramble Thread

Had a playing lesson last Thursday (riding a cart, btw :cool: ). It was awesome. The course was open, and I was able to hit 4-5 balls at each stop. Working on the swing with a target and pressure of the course took the learning to a new level. There were things about my swing that had not manifest on the range.
I would love to do that.

I would love to do that.

I feel playing lessons are just as important as a lesson in a bay on a range or a simulator

First and foremost, you never get a perfect lie on the course like you do at a range, but a good instructor will talk to you about your thought process for each shot and offer insights in to options and what could be the best way to play the shot, or target to aim at, etc

Pretty annoyed with my swing right now. I'm down on speed from where I usually am, and I'm generating a ridiculously low spin rate through the bag. Driver good. Everything else very bad.
At least I can hit the ball in the right general direction.

it’s now been two weeks since I’ve swung a club. Course being closed temporarily helps, but I really just hope it’s letting my triceps heal. Ready to get back at it this week hopefully.

it’s now been two weeks since I’ve swung a club. Course being closed temporarily helps, but I really just hope it’s letting my triceps heal. Ready to get back at it this week hopefully.

Hope you’re better soon and out trying new equipment. Really appreciate your reviews.

Hope you’re better soon and out trying new equipment. Really appreciate your reviews.
Thank you! I really appreciate the kind words!

Did some work in the Dome on Saturday and Sunday
Hour on Saturday and 30 minutes on Sunday.
Dang, I'm sore!
Banging balls for hour when your on the clock, can really take it out of you.
I'm going to a "Long Game" fitting on Tuesday at Club Champion and I want to get stretched out a bit.
Not sure that worked or not.
Next time, I'm going to try to count how many balls I hit.

Did some work in the Dome on Saturday and Sunday
Hour on Saturday and 30 minutes on Sunday.
Dang, I'm sore!
Banging balls for hour when your on the clock, can really take it out of you.
I'm going to a "Long Game" fitting on Tuesday at Club Champion and I want to get stretched out a bit.
Not sure that worked or not.
Next time, I'm going to try to count how many balls I hit.
I was there for an hour on Saturday morning. We will have to meet up one of these times.

You know how I know golf is dumb? Because two weeks ago I played the worst golf I've played in years and felt like quiting. Fast forward two weeks to tonight and I played the best golf I've played in a couple of years. What a dumb and unpredictable game.

5-irons are hard to hit. that is all.

Today marks 7 months since I was last on a golf course. It will probably be closer to 8 months once I finally get back on a course.

The sad part? I made real improvements last year. A new mindset, playing smarter, embracing lessons again, and just having a blast out there.
I fear so much time off is going to hit the reset button on it, and have to start all over again.

I'm pondering carrying 3 drivers tomorrow. I'm expecting some pretty insane wind changes (22mph steady to start, close to 30 by finish with 40mph gusts mixed in and a direction change midway), and 2 drivers usually helps, so 3 has to be even better, right?

I'm pondering carrying 3 drivers tomorrow. I'm expecting some pretty insane wind changes (22mph steady to start, close to 30 by finish with 40mph gusts mixed in and a direction change midway), and 2 drivers usually helps, so 3 has to be even better, right?

I like your logic.

You know how I know golf is dumb? Because two weeks ago I played the worst golf I've played in years and felt like quiting. Fast forward two weeks to tonight and I played the best golf I've played in a couple of years. What a dumb and unpredictable game.
I'm in a slump right now. Been living out on the toe for the last few rounds, everything from driver to wedges, and it's been endless frustration. Good thing I'm not a club thrower or I'd be playing with a nearly empty bag by now. I may have stumbled upon the fix today, 16 holes into my round. I'll find out Wednesday.

I'm in a slump right now. Been living out on the toe for the last few rounds, everything from driver to wedges, and it's been endless frustration. Good thing I'm not a club thrower or I'd be playing with a nearly empty bag by now. I may have stumbled upon the fix today, 16 holes into my round. I'll find out Wednesday.
I feel for you man. I was playing pretty poorly at the start of the year and then had that horrible round that made me want to give it up for awhile. I finally got a couple of tips that I've been able to make and it's like a switch went on. It's crazy how fast it can change.

I did it once this year. Used to once in a while as a kid.

It's a blast!
I get this urge all the time... wait, I'm left handed so... I've not gotten the urge to play right handed. I can't even swing a right handed club. It doesn't feel natural at all.

What was your fix? Hitting on the toe means you're too far away from the ball right?

Bold move... Let's see how it pays off!

I'm interested to know as well. Hit them straight! And far!!

I get this urge all the time... wait, I'm left handed so... I've not gotten the urge to play right handed. I can't even swing a right handed club. It doesn't feel natural at all.
It doesn't have to feel natural to be fun. Get weird out there, man!

I haven't done it this year, but I did win $100 during a round a few weeks ago by smacking a lefty udi over a big forced carry. The guy was convinced there was something wrong with the club. Hehe He's a good sport and our new neighbor down there so since I'm playing apartment husband soon I could see myself playing a round with him and just swapping clubs for 9 or something.

Last edited:

different brands and shaft combos?

different brands and shaft combos?
I'm all Callaway at the moment, but different models of heads, configurations, and shafts. Final decisions being made right now since we're about to head over. Wind is playing possum though and it's playing with my head.

I want to golf but can't get off work today. Maybe can sneak in 9 tonight. :unsure:

It doesn't have to feel natural to be fun. Get weird out there, man!

I haven't done it this year, but I did win $100 during a round a few weeks ago by smacking a lefty udi over a big forced carry. The guy was convinced there was something wrong with the clu. Hehe He's a good sport and our new neighbor down there so since I'm playing apartment husband soon I could see myself playing a round with him and just swapping clubs for 9 or something.
My son is a beginner at golf. He's right handed. I got him a set of righty clubs. We were at the driving range a few weeks ago and I tried hitting a ball using one of his clubs. I couldn't even make contact on one, chunked another.

Back