The #Grandaddy - Callaway Golf & THP - Details

HAHA! I was seriously considering packing a 2.0 just in case.
It will be in the bag for my flight. Tape will bet here too

That's pretty awesome Ryan! Leadership is a trait that many people wish they had. You sir have empowered all of us to take ownership in the process, given us the inspiration to do the work, and led us all to reach for bigger and better thing within ourselves. Bravo!

It will be in the bag for my flight. Tape will bet here too

"I am, in fact, happy to see you guys at Callaway. But, I literally do have a SS 3.0 in my pocket right now."

Best. Ice breaker. Ever.

That's pretty awesome Ryan! Leadership is a trait that many people wish they had. You sir have empowered all of us to take ownership in the process, given us the inspiration to do the work, and led us all to reach for bigger and better thing within ourselves. Bravo!

You all have made it very easy.

Can't wait to hop on that plane. The crazy part is that I'm so focused on the golf aspect that I rarely stop to think about the fact that we're going to be in Cally HQ, walking the same hallways that legends have walked down! Sorenstam, Palmer, Mickelson, Player - think about that for a second! Then, we get to rub elbows with some of the industry leaders, eat and drink with them, and finally tee it up with them at a place that will blow our minds.

Can we have this song play as we are introduced on the first tee?

[video=youtube;NsIB3-t2j3A]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NsIB3-t2j3A[/video]
BULLS?!?! I'm going with "Final Countdown" in honor of the Motor City BAD BOYS!!!

Hawk, man your post game me chills. Very well said. Love the stuff you guys are doing in prep for this. You guys are going to make us all proud! Keep up the good work and look forward to your conquest at the Grandaddy!

BULLS?!?! I'm going with "Final Countdown" in honor of the Motor City BAD BOYS!!!

They are both very worthy, both able to bring out goose bumps.

Hawk, man am I glad we get to follow you into battle. Ever since we met in IL I knew you were right for the job. It's been an amazing lead up to this event and you, and all the rest of the guys, have done a great job pushing us to get better and not only go there and have a great time but also to win this thing!

It's only two months away and already I am excited and now is the time to bear down and out in the last tweaks to get the game on point.

So here we go boys! It's go time and we are going to show those guys that we aren't just a bunch if Internet golfers, they will soon find out that when you mess with the bull you are going to get the horns. The #DreamTeam is coming!

I'm feeling terrible physically, but I'm still pretty pumped up about the weekend. I'm playing with my dad in Hilton Head for three days. Twice at his course (CC of HHI) and once at Harbor Town. The Harbor Town tee time is for Saturday, so I'm hoping to be pretty close to 100% by then.

I'm finally going to break the jinx that my dad has on my scoring, and I'm going to do it while fighting a cold. The ZooCrew will be easy compared to this.

I'm feeling terrible physically, but I'm still pretty pumped up about the weekend. I'm playing with my dad in Hilton Head for three days. Twice at his course (CC of HHI) and once at Harbor Town. The Harbor Town tee time is for Saturday, so I'm hoping to be pretty close to 100% by then.

I'm finally going to break the jinx that my dad has on my scoring, and I'm going to do it while fighting a cold. The ZooCrew will be easy compared to this.

Hope you feel better Seth. Hilton Head is on my schedule for early May unless a THP event is happening; if then it will be rescheduled. Oops! This is off topic.

GO DREAM TEAM! KILL THE ZOO CREW! (There, saved it.) :angel:

Mr BigTime!
as far as my prep goes as we near the December dessert duel. Here is a skeletal plan of what I plan on doing.
i will probable take one or two more full swing lessons through Golftec to make sure my full swing is as solid as possible. Continue to practice around the greens extensively. I will also be getting in 2-3 rounds weekly as long as weather holds out. If the weather turns I will use my practice seasons at Golftec to play on the simulator. During my rounds on actual course I will play some match play what the hell my son and our normal group, purposely putting my self in different scenarios such as playing with a lead and playing from behind. I will be reading some more of the Dr Rotella books on the mental side of the game.

Now ow let me ask you.
In your last 60 days leading up to the MC what did you work on? What worked what didn't? What would you change if you did it all over again.

It was a mad scramble that is for sure cause I wanted to do it all; course time, range time, tuning time, etc. I kept my playing time about the same, once or twice a week and would fit in another range session depending on what I didn't like that week when I played. I really wanted a club off the tee that I could count on so spent a lot of time with that. Then the last few weeks I worked on the 100 yard and in shots with a lot more putting green time.

But getting off the tee is crucial and the old flat stick is right up there!

That's some good advice Nate. Thanks for posting it.

Excellent thoughts, ZooCrew Carpetbagger Nate. :act-up:

Shot a 78 (41-37) today at the CC of Hilton Head. I had one OB that led to a triple, and another wayward tee shot that went into a hazard (but I was still able to salvage par). Otherwise, driving was very good. Ball striking was very good for me as well. The new swing thoughts are finally transitioning to the course.

Putting was better, but I still burned some edges on a few putts inside of 10 feet.

All in all, a solid round of golf. Certainly something to continue building on.

Shot a 78 (41-37) today at the CC of Hilton Head. I had one OB that led to a triple, and another wayward tee shot that went into a hazard (but I was still able to salvage par). Otherwise, driving was very good. Ball striking was very good for me as well. The new swing thoughts are finally transitioning to the course.

Putting was better, but I still burned some edges on a few putts inside of 10 feet.

I love this thread. It's fun reading about everyone's preparation and you guys all seem to be getting better and better as each week passes. Nice round ATL!

Nice round Seth! Way to get it done.

nicely done Seth! Glad to see your feeling bettering were able to make the trip to HH

nicely done Seth! Glad to see your feeling bettering were able to make the trip to HH

I didn't say anything about feeling better. :act-up: Now I know how Jordan felt when he had the flu during the playoffs for the Bulls. Exact same thing.

Lesson scheduled for tomorrow morning

36 holes scheduled for 10/18

Meanwhile in Carlsbad, Harry is getting a violin lesson and Chad is scheduled for a mani/pedi

Glad you got it turned around Seth! That is a solid score man.

I played a little fun 9 with some buddies that don't golf at all. Was tough to get in a rhythm. Because I was waiting about 10 mins between shots. Haha. Still managed a 39 with 14 putts and a birdie. Oh well, was fun to get out and swing a bit. More work is in the way and the game is still going strong.

jada5e7u.jpg

Harbor Town. Should be fun. Feel like crap, but swinging it well.

81 (43/38) today boys. I was one under on the back going into 16 and finished with three bogeys. 4 birdies on the day, 2 on each nine. Lost it for 4 straight holes, 5-8, but other than that, it was a nice round.

Back