CONTEST The Grandmama: Win A Full Bag Of Callaway Equipment, A Trip and More

My ball needs to wow me like the Truvis did. The first shot had just a great feel off the club. It should have performance around the green to stop on target. I need the ball to feel and execute with a wedge or a hybrid. Seek the pin and stop at the objective. The look of the ball should also instill comfort when stepping up to the first tee box. I want a ball who is my best friend.

My current Q Star Tour golf ball putts true. It launches easily with my irons, but floats too high in the wind. On driver shots it launches too low at times.

Last edited:
Entry:
The Pro V1x prior to 2017 was a great fit for me. When Titleist in 2017 switched their ball characteristics I was lost in limbo between the Pro V1 and V1x. That was the case until the relatively recent release of the Pro v1x Left Dash, which is very close to the old Pro V1x profile (prior to 2017). THe -Pro V1x (left dash) is a High Launch/Low Spin ball, with a sightly firmer feel. I have found this ball to be a solid fit to my swing profile (Lower launching/higher spinning). Titleist has filled the gap between the regular and X with this ball.

Last edited:
It would be a huge honor for sure.

Dude, i need a trip, yeah, i know its in December Time Frame, but i been crazy at work.....

Dude, i need a trip, yeah, i know its in December Time Frame, but i been crazy at work.....
I think we all could use this after all this covid bs & especially for those that have not been able to get out & have their short seasons shortened more.

31825EC6-4924-4709-9B76-F3568F295114.gif

Entry:
Titleist Pro V1x Left Dash (-Pro V1x); I am a higher spin player who prefers a Lower Spin/higher launching ball. I need a ball that launches higher and spins less with driver and spins less with my irons. The Pro V1x prior to 2017 was a great fit for me. When Titleist in 2017 switched their ball characteristics I was lost in limbo between the Pro V1 and V1x. That was the case until the relatively recent release of the Pro v1x Left Dash, which is very close to the old Pro V1x profile (prior to 2017). THe -Pro V1x (left dash) is a High Launch/Low Spin ball, with a sightly firmer feel. I have found this ball to be a solid fit to my swing profile (Lower launching/higher spinning). I feel this is a solid attempt by Titleist to fill the small gap of demanding players that the regular Pro V1 and X doesn't fit.

Long Shot there is a 100 word limit

Last night! First ever Grandmama invitee going out tomorrow!

Oh yeah, who is going to get that first ticket.

3BE13D20-57B6-4D59-B1D9-3247112B8198.jpeg

Entry:

I am a golf ball nomad. What I mean is I am constantly searching for a golf that flies far, has a durable cover and feels right.

Lately I have been playing some old Callaway HX Hots. They should probably call them rocks, because they feel and sound like your hitting one. Yes, they do fly pretty good, but the hand shock you feel is startling. They also seem excessively bright/shiny in a cheap plastic way.

Had planned on using these till they were gone, but why ? I miss my favorite golf ball from 2005, the Maxfli BlackMAX.

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk

The quality of editing in this thread is above amazing, whoever is pulled out of the hat tomorrow will be walking on air (jordans maybe?)
Will have to keep an eye on here as work has been manic this week

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My entry for consideration:
The golf ball is the only piece of a golfer’s equipment that is used for every stroke made on every hole. With that importance it has to be the RIGHT choice for each golfer. Is “my ball” the right choice for everyone? No, but choosing the right ball can be done by anyone. I’ve played Callaway, Srixon, Bridgestone, Titleist, Kirkland, and even Top-Flite through the years. My current ball is the Bridgestone Tour BRX. I challenge any manufacturer to change my mind. It has low spin off the driver, penetrating in the wind, and holds greens with precision.

Someone is going to have an extra special day!

I thought they were pretty different when I played them. Mostly in the irons and wedges where the pro+ spun a whole lot less than the prov. Pro+ was a beast off the tee, reminded me most of zstar xv
Definitely agree with the Pro+ off the tee - those things launch! I saw Vice released their new 2020 balls yesterday so I may have to give those a shot and compare them with my beloved Bridgestone

Last night guys. We need more entries!

The ball: New Bridgestone Tour B XS

It feels soft off the face but rockets like a fighter jet from an aircraft carrier and cuts through the wind. This carries over to the irons and wedges and launches a with a medium piercing trajectory. The spin is just right so that it doesn't balloon but will bite and stop on the green. Around the greens the new REACTIV cover really shines. The greenside spin on short chips is incredible and allows the ball to check on those short sided and downhill chips. Overall this ball is a winner just like everyone who play it!

Someone is gonna get that Friday feeling leading into Memorial Day weekend like we should all have/feel. Remember what that was like?

Good luck to those that entered and have a great weekend!

Going a bit out of the box. Here is my entry from my golf ball's perspective: Some Golf Balls may have been injured while they made this review.

Official Entry:

View attachment 8943917
Hitting it long off the tee with ball speed to spare, I’m for bombing with a fairway stare!

View attachment 8943919

Watching my Stars and Stripes spin is no phony, I'm just a one-hop and stop pony.

View attachment 8943920

Whether I hit a tree, path, or a rock underneath, my cover stays smoother than Jordan Spieth.

Just off the green or in sand, I always pass the test after I land.

It’s Vernier Hyper Acuity or TT to you mortals; I am here to make birdies. Line me up and I disappear into flagship portals!

View attachment 8943921

I Hit It. Hit it. Hit it Hard!

Someone is gonna get that Friday feeling leading into Memorial Day weekend like we should all have/feel. Remember what that was like?

Good luck to those that entered and have a great weekend!

Yeah someone is going to be

Good luck all! This will be some lucky winner!

Woops. Is this closed, or can I still pull out a ball when I get home from the gym and write something about it?

Back