CONTEST Contest: The Grandmama: A Full Bag of Callaway Equipment, a Trip and More!

I was lucky enough to be fit into my current driver - Callaway Epic Flash - during the Grandaddy in 2018. After hitting a few balls and talking to the fitter, we landed on the EvenFlow Green 55g shaft in stiff, and it has been great for me the last year and a half. From the forgiveness to the performance to the sound/feel, there is nothing I don’t like about this driver. I’ve hit more 250+ yard drives than ever with it, and it helped me drive a green from around 285 for my first ever eagle!

My driver is the Masters edition Cobra F9 Speedback with a UST the Attas shaft. The Masters camo is one of the most visually appealing that I've ever seen. The forged face is forgiving all over and I am hitting both further and more fairways. On top of that it has a muted crunch sound which is near perfection. The Attas shaft just plain works for me. The color design is cool and it feels incredibly stable even when I'm aggressive in transition. The tour length configuration has brought my impacts closer to the center.

My Cobra SpeedZone is a club that I very much enjoy swinging. It feels natural in hand and tends to keep me calm over the ball. It's neutral set up allows me to attempt various shot shapes unlike I have tried with other drivers. The sound that is produced when struck is pure and violent at the same time. You know that something has gotten in the way of your swing, and has been obliterated. With help from a quality produced shaft, the penetrating flight is a sight to behold... if your eyes can keep up with it.

Last edited:
Here's my entry:

I played my previous driver for years through a progression of learning to play my misses. It was good enough to play but I was jealous of others I played with that could make holes easier by getting off the tee well. Then I had an opportunity to get a real fitting by an expert. He not only knew how to optimize my driver head with the right shaft, but also gave me the confidence to swing it more freely so I didn't have to play defensively. My new driver looks amazing, feels good in my hands, and most importantly fits my game the best it could be. After getting this driver in my bag, my regular playing partners not only noticed how it has improved my game, but have also wondered how a version of this driver could change their game. I let several try my driver on the range (and the course) and they were immediately impressed. So impressed that some even got their own for themselves! What is this unicorn in the wild? For me it is the Cobra Speedzone Xtreme with UST Mamiya Gunmetal 6F4 shaft in tour length. If you try it I know you will find your own unicorn just like I did!

Current Driver: Cobra SpeedZone
Shaft: Tensei Blue
I bought this driver, sight unseen for no other reason than I just wanted something new. I lottery lucked out. I have never had a head and shaft combo load for me like this one. I've never felt more comfortable with a driver in my hands until I started gaming this club. I still have my misses and bad shots but I no longer swing a driver with fear as my initial feeling. I swing this club with as much confidence as any other club in my bag and, for me, that's HUGE.

Last day to enter!

My entry:
Driver Epic Flash 12+2, Draw, Even Flow 4.0 45g. Handicap 22. Acquired early last year and there’s been a good improvement in distance, 15+ yards. The big difference is the forgiveness. FIR has gone from 60% to 72% even with the longer drives and misses are not far off the fairway. It feels great to approach the tee box with confidence instead of trepidation. The increased confidence this driver gives me has carried over into my fairway shots and the rest of the game. Great sound too. Highly recommend this as a great driver and confidence builder.

I believe the driver is the most important club in the bag. I am currently bagging a standard 10.5* Mavrik with the Rogue white. I hit it well but it is a bit spinny. I would love the ability to work with the Callaway team to optimize a driver for my swing. Finding 10-15 yards for me would be a game changer and help me get back to my best game.

Read this whole post before entering

Here we go:

while at the tru temper event i was able to try a f6 with a hazardous smoke shaft. Shaft was original length, so long. I hit it straight every time. When i got home, i tested a f6 with other long shafts and found a matrix red 64 that i hit straight and a little longer. Got the setup and have loved it ever since. The lesson is to try things out that may not be the norm and see what works. I got strange looks, but it works for me! Be adventurous. You may surprise yourself!

There have been some great releases this year from TM and Callaway. This year I got fit into both drivers, a SIM with a Diamana Limited 60x and a Mavrik with a Tensei AV Blue 60x, and tested them for the better part of 4 weeks, initially I favored the SIM. Both had similar numbers, in terms of spin and carry; once we dialed them in (separate fittings). In the end the Mavrik ended up in my bag based on sound and Mostly the overall dispersion/forgiveness (hit 20% more fw’s). The flash face really minimized distance loss on off center shots, and it out performed the SIM.

Entry:
I really don't change drivers that often but when I do it's because of something special that my current driver didn't have. My Ping G400 Max driver delivered on all phases of testing vs my old driver. It has great looks with the turbulators on the crown and serving a dual function as an aiming tool. The Alta shaft fits me well. The forged face is an added plus because of the added pop I get off the face, however the best part is the effortless distance and it's fairway finding ability and forgiveness that sold me.

I am a person that goes against the grain when it comes to drivers. When I heard Justin Rose was using Honma, I immediately thought to myself, go try this driver. While Honma and Rose didn't work out, Honma and dunkjez is working wonders. It so happened that a random dude I played with was hitting the 737TW and I gave it a shot. Distance has been tremendous with great dispersion. The black top with no alignment inspires great confidence. Paired with my Handcrafted Hzrdus Black, this thing is a beast.

Today is going to be a great day for someone! @JB and THP are going to have a tough time with all the great entries.

Today is going to be a great day for someone! @JB and THP are going to have a tough time with all the great entries.

We are actually going to announce tomorrow, but yes, it is going to be a great day.

Good luck to all those who entered, this will be an amazing experience.

Good luck to everyone. Some great entries. Can't wait to find out who the next person is who will be going to such a great experience.

Last edited:
Looking forward to seeing who gets their ticket punched

Good luck to all who’ve entered! Some great wordsmiths here!

Good luck to everyone! Tomorrow's going to be an exciting day for someone

Good luck everyone!

Good luck! I’m glad I’m not in charge of making the decision

Good luck everyone! Fingers crossed.

Good luck all!

good luck ya'll

Back