Not open for further replies.

JB

Follow @THPGolf
Albatross 2020 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
  • Admin
Read this whole post before entering

The Grandmama contests continue today as we look towards creating a foursome that will head to CA for a trip to remember forever. Two spots have been filled and two more remain, and today you can enter to become one of the lucky participants.

It is an all expenses paid trip of a lifetime.

What’s Included

Airfare
Hotels
Club Fitting at ECPC
Full bag of clubs
Tour Callaway
Meet R&D
Play Golf with members of the team there
And so much more

This will take place in early December

Untitled-10-1024x692.jpg

At the Grandaddy each year, 12 lucky THPers experience something special, but it comes with a job of reviewing their equipment to the masses through the THP Forum once it is released. This year, there are only 4 THPers for the Grandmama, but they will be doing the job of 12, so we are looking for members who are truly committed to the whole process before, during and after the event. The person that loves to talk about this game, the equipment and share their honest assessment of everything they learn through content and reviews.

Qualifying
You must be a 2020 Albatross Club Member to enter. The club is open to anybody and helps benefit a wonderful charity. All of the details and benefits are here.

The Contest
The Callaway golf ball lineup has been getting rave reviews so far and we want to hear from you. Would you choose the Chrome Soft or the Chrome Soft X, and why?

How to Enter
Give us 50 words or less on your golf ball of choice from their lineup. If you have played them, consider this a mini review. If you haven’t yet, that is okay, tell us why you think it is the right ball for your game.

Good luck everybody. This contest will remain open for about a week.

Continue reading...

McLovin

feelz good 2 b a Gsta
Albatross 2020 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
contest time!!!!

IceyShanks

NiceyThanks
Albatross 2020 Club
Reaction score
As long as it’s a truvis you can’t go wrong. The visual optics and feedback that the truvis pattern, any of them, give you is truly incredible. Not only does it help see the ball spin on short game shots and putts, and you always know which ball is yours.

mmaynard11

Albatross 2020 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Oh boy here we go! It's game time!

chile

AKA - Phil Barkley
Albatross 2020 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Chocolate
Entry

I've already played the 2019 and 2020 CS and like it/them but I feel like the CSX will be more to my liking feel-wise based off the initial feedback we've been getting in the 2020 CS/CSX and "Last Ball You Played..." threads...I have yet to hit a Callaway ball that I have not liked but there are always minor, personal preferences that make one ball "better" than the other for each golfer...I just missed some CSXs in my local shop yesterday :banghead:...look forward to testing them out. And, if selected, I look forward to this....

baylrballa

Hackers fo lyfe
Albatross 2020 Club
Reaction score
Handicap

will be back if i can find some.

radiman

#TheGrandaddy2019
Albatross 2020 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Contest time!!!

Jman

Golfing Equipment Reviewer
Albatross 2020 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
Get after it everyone! 🔥🔥🔥

xThor

We’re baking cookies! 2020 The GrandMama
Albatross 2020 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
This is so exciting! Good luck all who enter, and cannot wait to see who joins up!!!

YukonLiving

Captain of Tundra
Albatross 2020 Club
Reaction score
I’ve been playing Chrome Soft this year and loving the soft feel - especially on and around the green.

In other shots, I prefer a straighter flight with less spin and again Chrome Soft gives me the shape I want.

Now add in Truvis, and I’m a happy camper!

clarkgriswold

2019 Grandaddy Alumni
Albatross 2020 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Go get it

1596221589990.gif

Muchmore18

Humbled Member of the 2020 Grandmama
Albatross 2020 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Picking equipment is about matching performance with your own tendencies. Working to find something that highlights your strengths and dampens your weaknesses changes the game. Increased distance from tee to green, and more spin around the green when it matters most is why I would choose Callaway’s Chrome Soft X.

Good luck to everyone!

rozo22

Albatross 2020 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Chrome Soft would be my ball of choice. I have not played the newest version yet, but with the increased distance and improved feel and control it would definitely benefit my game. I tried the ball selector on callawaygolf.com and it confirmed that Chrome Soft is the ball for me.

Bernoulli

Enjoy every sandwich
Albatross 2020 Club
Reaction score
Good luck everyone! Let's hear some good things about the Chrome Soft and Chrome Soft X.

troyefl

Jax, FL
Albatross 2020 Club
Reaction score
You cannot go wrong with either Chrome Soft and CS X, really enjoy the TRUVIS yellow. It is a fun addition to the pretty boring white golf ball. I would lean towards the standard Chrome Soft for the consistent ball flight and increased distance profile to better help my game.

chpar4

Albatross 2020 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Chrome Soft XTT here. Current ball. Tested both 2020 balls. 4 me X seems to be a tad longer off driver and holds a much better on approach. Feel is relatively same for me. X also better on chips and pitches. Fairly workable, durable as well. All around great ball.

MikeF

Albatross 2020 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Good luck everyone :)

OldeDude

Still Alive and Well
Albatross 2020 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
--19--
Great to see this today! I'll put some thought to this, and enter later though, it's been a very hectic Friday!

Reaction score
Handicap
I play the chrome soft. The reason I am playing these is because I need a straighter ball flight with more forgiveness. I found that the soft's gave me what I am looking for in a golf ball. I want my game where I can use Soft X.

H8tobogie

MC Team Hackers 2020
Albatross 2020 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Good luck all!

ApexFan

Albatross 2020 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
I’ve recently tested the 2020 CS, and was pleasantly surprised. The feel from tee to green is phenomenal. It doesn’t feel overly soft off the tee. Actually it feels great and is quite long. Approach and around the green it has great feel, spin, and predictable distances. Chrome Soft is a winner in my book.

b3nola

Albatross 2020 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
The chrome soft x tru vis! So when I spray it all over the course with the Epic driver, I can always find it. Great soft feel on wedges and short irons.

golfinnut

In search of a new OEM!
Albatross 2020 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
HEAT!
The Chrome Soft ball would give me the performance level I'm looking for in a ball. More ball speed, soft feel around the greens, & longer distance off of every club in the bag. (y)

ttucliffhanger

#Mr.SoS
Albatross 2020 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Entry:

The Chrome Soft Triple Track is my ball of choice. It’s firmer than the previous model, but not as firm as the 2019 CSX TT. It’s a very happy medium. It’s longer throughout the bag from top to bottom, soft off the putter and checks like crazy around the greens!

Afizzle2100

Hackin ain’t easy
Albatross 2020 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Like Charlie buying Wonkas I buy the Chrome Soft Truvis. The Wonkas and the CS both have that soft feel and fun design. A little bit of both go a long way. Callaways factory is in chicopee, but I would love a golden ticket to Carlsbad to see Willy (@JasonFinleyCG) :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to The Hackers Paradise

Don't just play golf, live it!

Register Log in