CONTEST The Grandmama: A Full Bag of Callaway Equipment, a Trip and More

GolfTravelDude

Albatross 2020 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
I have been a Callaway golf ball utilizer on and off for over 30 years. I utilized their fabulous fitting online and have put the Chrome Soft in play. This ball helps me garner every yard out of my slower than average swing but also delivers excellent greenside control.

jvbart

Albatross 2020 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
The chrome soft has exceptional feel around the greens on touch shots but still maintains distance throughout the bag. It is lower spinning on full shots than the X ball which benefits me as a high spin player who struggles with a slice. Great all around ball!!

greg19

Albatross 2020 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Growing!
Official Entry:

I've recently switched putters and I really like it. What I don't like is the feeling of the Pro Version of a competitors ball off the club face. Reading up on the Callaway balls I think the Chrome Soft instead of the X b,est fits what I'm looking for.

e1iterate

Egregious
Albatross 2020 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Official Entry:

The Chrome Soft X would be my ball of choice due to my club head speed and the fact that I enjoy a firmer feeling ball. The triple track is also an added bonus! These are on my “try list” as soon as I need balls.

DankYeti

Albatross 2020 Club
Reaction score
Entry:

Of the new line up I would go with the CSX. I haven't tested them out but the website says that it offers more consistency with spin. This would help with overall control and may help with some (not all) of my miss hits.

fuffle master

Hit it, Hit it, Hit it Hard!!
Albatross 2020 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Working
The Chrome Soft, for me, is “Tee to Green”. I want a ball that can drive in distance and still be soft with spin around the green. Tour quality in lower swing speeds and adding Triple Track for better putting. Lining up putts has become easier, which gives instant feedback.

tequila4kapp

Albatross 2020 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
USGA 14.8
Woohoo. Contest time!

mielke101

Albatross 2020 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
While I have no evidence for my reasoning, I’ve been using the Chrome Soft this year and it has just worked. Was playing the e6 & e12 but when I ran out and tried the CS it just seemed, straighter and longer for me.

shanewu

@shaneb0t
Albatross 2020 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Official entry:

I have a golf-related fever.
The new CS or CSX can cure it, really either.

Triple Track is awesome, helping golfers make more putts.
But repeating hexagon pattern has my trust.

So, CS is my final choice, yellow / black Truvis.
If you know me, you probably already knew this.

Tevenor

Honored to be the 1st member of the Grandmama!
Albatross 2020 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Good luck everyone. Can't wait to see who wins the next spot!

jon12

Albatross 2020 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
In the new lineup I would choose the Chrome Soft. I've used both the CSX and CS in previous iterations, and the Chrome Soft always has worked better. I need a more piercing flight, firmer feel, and short game stopping touch.

TCB2010

#GolfNerdery
Albatross 2020 Club
Reaction score
Chrome soft, long off the tee and extra distance with irons. What’s impressive is the green side spin and stopping power. The hexagon shape pattern is something different. It fits my swing speed, has a mid-compression and durable cover. The triple track, line it up, trust it, putt it!

DNice26

Happy to be here...
Albatross 2020 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Official entry:

Have not tried the new Chrome soft. Went to the website and tried the selector tool to see the recommendation. Chrome Soft X is apparently the option for me. Triple track no doubt. The new characteristics of the ball sounds like inimitable, demonstrable improvement….I’d like that for my game.

Pevans

2nd Tier
Albatross 2020 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Entry.

Over the years I've played cally balls from the low to high end. Right now I love the chrome soft triple track. I believe is the best version of the chrome soft yet. The performance off the tee and around the green is great and it the alignment aid doesn't hurt at all. Lastly the ball is very durable which helps my wallet.

MWard

My Name Is Fritters
Albatross 2020 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
Official:

Chromesoft X for me. I would play in honor of my grandma, and like nana always said, “golf is all about speed. Hot, nasty, badass speed” Or, something like that.

greekelite

Albatross 2020 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Ooommmmgggg its heeeeere! Here's my entry:

I've been having great results with the Chrome Soft. Long high ball flights, control around the greens, and great true roll when putting. I have to go buy a box of CSX to compare, but either way I know they're quality golfballs that help me continually improve my game.

donny475

You can call me SteakSauce
Albatross 2020 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Chrome Soft X would be my choice. I actually spent some time with both at the behest of Callaway and tried both the new 2020 balls. The CSX felt so good off the Driver, shots into the green and off both the Dublewide and Scotty. Just freeking Awesome

MSEASU

LEDLIYLBODIWB
Albatross 2020 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
GHIN 9.0
Official Entry:

I don’t play a Callaway ball currently, right now my ball of choice is a Prov1x or Bridgestone x. I would like to try a Callaway ball that is similar such as the chrome X with triple track. Seems like this would be a good visualization for putting.

Snowman

It's a dry heat!
Albatross 2020 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
GHIN 16.9
Big thanks to both Callaway Golf and THP for the opportunity to participate in the inaugural version of such a great event!

My entry:

Callaway's Ball Selector matched me to the Chrome Soft, which bears out my on-course experience. The Chrome Soft performs for me from tee to green with great feel, control and spin. The yellow Chrome Soft Truvis is my ball of choice, for visibility in flight and alignment on the green.

OldeDude

Still Alive and Well
Albatross 2020 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
--19--
I refuse to give up, I’ll keep entering these contests as long as you keep doing them, or at least until I win one. :cool:
Thanks THP and Callaway Golf, for such an amazing opportunity.

Official Entry:

I haven't played Callaway balls on a regular basis, but I believe the ChromeSoft TT would fit me best, and the Callaway Ball Selector agrees. I really like the TT look and concept too. I’ll be testing the CS for THP real soon, can’t wait to share my reviews.

lukemartin93

Speak Softly, Carry Big Stick
Albatross 2020 Club
Reaction score
I think the Chrome Soft would be a fantastic ball for me. The tour quality and soft feel around the greens sounds dreamy. Throw TT in there and it’s going to help my whole game! I may also have tried callaways ball selector tool and got CSTT...

usaf_giles

Albatross 2020 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
So excited for this contest!

To start I’ve always been terrible using a line on my ball when putting. Recently I switched to the triple track ten and I loved the putter. I friend said that I needed to try one of the CS balls with the triple track alignment. Although I had my doubts I bit the bullet and bought a case. It’s crazy the difference something so simple can make on the greens. I’m hooked. I love the ball as a whole but the alignment aides have made a huge difference for me.

Mad_Brad

aka braddman19
Albatross 2020 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
I've only ever played previous versions of the Chrome Soft, never the X. I like them, good and reliable.
Yellow to honor those that taught me the game. Triple Track because I want to make more putts.
I choose Chrome Soft, let the Callaway fitters tell me otherwise!

Doubleb21

Albatross 2020 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Good luck everyone!

Gman79

I'm Chris and I'm a golf addict
Albatross 2020 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
The Callaway Chrome Soft is an awesome ball with an extremely soft feel off the club face and great spin around the greens. On the driver and long irons this ball reduces spin to yield longer distances. Combined this is the ultimate performer in a stellar lineup.

Welcome to The Hackers Paradise

Don't just play golf, live it!

Register Log in