CONTEST Contest: The Grandmama: A Full Bag of Callaway Equipment, a Trip and More

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am a fan of the 2020 chrome soft X. I found the previous chrome soft line a bit soft in feel for my taste. I prefer a firmer ball and this fill that space nicely. The flight is perfect and the green side spin stays nice and high. It still feels firm, but is not “clickly” off the putter.

I love the low spin off the driver but high control off the irons and wedges. I can see why so many of the tour pros love this ball.

Being a high handicap always played cheaper balls until I was gifted a box of chrome soft tt from a fellow THPer & gave them a try. Being soft has helped with my slice with great feeling around the green & the TT has helped with putting alignment.

The previous generation of the chromesoft balls did not perform well enough to make my bag. The new CSX has impressed me so far. It has performed well in distance, spin, and feel. I also want to give truvis another chance as I like seeing the spin in practice.

First off thanks to JB, THP, and Callaway for this fricken’ awesome experience. Ok here it goes, 50 words or less, that’s going to be hard but I’ll try. (BTW it came out to 50 words on the word count in MS Word 2016Official entry below.

I like the Chrome Soft. The ball is easily compressible for low spin off the driver while maintaining a higher spin than a two piece around the greens. Honestly, my favorite part about the ball is the visual options from a gazillion Truvis, Tripple Track, or plain white/yellow. Style+Preformance=Chrome Soft.

Having seen the Triple Track Technology change my putting, knowing the Chrome Soft cover will give me crazy distance, the add spin and control of the X around the greens would probably change golf for me. I am really excited to try the Chrome Soft X.

I recently started playing CS with Triple Track regularly and have found my lines on the green have significantly improved! So good in fact, my number of three putts has gone down each time over my last 4 rounds! End game you ask? CSTT+#10TT=more🐦🐦🐦

Entry:
Driver: Long and Straight
Fairways: Piercing Flight
Irons: Can you say fantastic distance control?
Wedges: One hop stop or suck it back with a hard swing, your choice!
Putter: Feels great but I still 3 putt!
Which ball am I?
Chrome Soft X for me!

Entry:

My golf ball of choice is the ChromeSoft (Truvis). I enjoy it because of the soft feel off the driver and the control around the greens. I particularly enjoy the Truvis pattern. It really shows the spin around greens and out of the bunker, which is great feedback for me.

Official Entry:

I’d chose the Chrome Soft over the Chrome Soft X. While the X is a great ball, the softer feel of the Chrome Soft matches what I’m looking for in a ball. Soft feel, spin robustness 😉 and tons of speed. Great all-around performer with no compromises.

Chrome Soft Yellow Triple Track. My clubfitter suggested it but there is a difference between Trackman/real golf. I played with it and it has everything I need in a ball: superior distance, optimal flight, consistent spin, great feel, TT alignment. Oh, and it’s yellow so I can easily find it.

The golf ball is by far the most important piece of equipment in the bag. It used more than any club, therefore selecting the right ball for your game is key. While I’ve not played the Chrome Soft X, I feel the technology packed will deliver so many benefits, increased distance throughout the bag, feel & touch around the green on wedge shots, & the triple track design will leave lining up putts simplistic. Game a ball that provides your game with what you deserve!

Good luck everyone! Here's my entry:

Longer and both more consistent and durable than ever before, the Chrome Soft not only changes everything, it redefines what the modern golf ball should be. Both balls perform well, but the Chrome Soft performs more consistently for my amateur swing where I’m not trying to control spin as much.

I always say the third time's the charm, and this entry was revision #3:

I chose the 2020 CS ball for yesterday’s round and was pleasantly surprised. As a ProV1 user, I honestly felt like I was giving up nothing with the ball change. The firm feel with longer clubs and soft feel with scoring clubs and putter equaled the Titleist. Nice work Callaway!

Entry:

I've recently switched from the CSX to the Chrome Soft having found that I tend to get a little less side spin with the longer clubs. I can still get spin around the greens, which makes it a solid switch. Still feels great off the putter face, too.

Chrome Soft. When it comes to choosing balls, you need control around the greens. The spin you get from 40 yards and in is incredible and is the main reason to chose this ball. Next important is distance and control off the tee--this is Money!! Enough said.

This will stay open through end of Wednesday.

I just finished up the last of my 2019 CSX with Triple Track. Playing my first rounds with the 2020 Chrome Soft with Triple Track in yellow. Cannot wait. Having listened to Darth finley discuss the differences between the CS and CSX I believe that the CS will be the best option for me (more forgiving, longer throughout the bag) and have to have Triple Track. It is a non starter that I would play a bag without it. Going back to yellow as it easier to track for my eyes.

Callaway Chrome Soft X - I generate too much spin off the tee with most soft cover balls. The CSX is designed to give me the penetrating ball flight I want off the tee, still giving me the feel and spin I want with my short game.

Chrome Soft would be my choice. I do not have the swing speed for the X. I have not played the newest versions yet, but from what I have read, and the amount of money Callaway has put into redoing their ball plant, CS is for me. I need the increased distance and improved feel and control around the green.

Good luck to everyone, hope there's a bit more time to get those entries in for those still pondering the Callaway ball lineup..

Yeah this thing needs more entries in it. This is an awesome opportunity! Good luck to all entered.

Entry:

My ball of choice is the 2020 CSX Triple Track. It’s hard to pick against the more forgiving experience of the regular CS but I need as much spin as I can get to stop my approach and pitch shots that can often come from less than ideal locations.

My entry:

I've been playing the 2018 CS Truvis and have loved the feel, but on a whim, bought the 2020 CSX and there is no comparison. The feel is just as sweet and buttery, especially off the drive, and I have not hit another ball longer with my current driver.

I was hoping for more spin on greenside shots and have not been disappointed. The competitors X balls spin around the greens but feel very hard on longer distance shots.

This is just one of those balls whose combination of feel and performance brings a smile to my face every time I hit it.

Last day to enter.

I like the Chrome Soft they are close to a Pro V that I have found . They have great feel around the greens and the lines for putting are nice to have. Continuing to work on the game with my Chrome Soft Balls.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back