CONTEST The Grandmama: A Full Bag of Callaway Equipment, a Trip, Fitting and More

oh man the final spot! Pressure is on!

My 2016 apex pros are my favorite Callaway irons i've played. They were a huge leap beyond the Diablo Forged set i played. While they admittedly were a little too much for me, they made me learn how to swing better and consistently, while still being very forgiving and crispy.

Entry: easy choice for me. The Apex Pro irons. I can’t put it any better than Callaway “benefits of a Tour-level design without sacrificing ball speed or distance.” This is exactly what I want from an iron. Has always been a very sleek, good looking line of irons too.

For me it has to be the Apex CF19's the feel of a pure shot is awesome. They are also forgiving when missing on the toe which i do regularly. When hitting the the ball goes long and high and i can also maneuver the ball well.

The last set of Callaways I owned were Big Bertha,, but I did like them

I think the Big Bertha B21 irons would be great for me. Make it easier for me to launch the ball and give increased ball speed to help with added distance I am looking for from my irons.

Good luck everyone!

Entry:

Apex-19 for me. I'm still playing a GI but working hard to be good enough for these. I hit them every time I stop into the golf shop. The feel is incredible and they maintain distance and forgiveness better than any other players iron I have tried.

I've never played Callaway irons. I do have one round on a rental set of Rouges that were not my length nor lie. Like others, I went to the online iron selector to find my set. The result, Mavrik or Apex.

Entry:

I need the full arsenal that the latest golf technology can bring to bear for maximizing my results on course. Marvik irons strike that balance between GI technology and eye candy. Harnessing advanced computing and master craftsmanship to create a product that pleases the eye and creates better golfers.

The Apex Pros are the without a doubt the best looking irons on the market. I would also say the B21 are intriguing especially with my never ending need for forgiveness. Callaway has a long history of amazing irons and there just is no wrong answer in this entire thread.

Apex 19’ are the best Callaway irons I’ve ever played.... purchased these on a whim after trying Apex Pro 7i which was unbelievable good, but the additional forgiveness in Apex was my sweet spot. Looks, sound. feel & technology all clicked In this iron for me!

Official Entry:

I don’t have a favorite Callaway iron, because until 3 weeks ago, I had never swung one. I was recently fit into a set of Mavrik irons. So I think if I was selected, I’d like to be fit into the new Big Bertha B21 irons for comparison to Mavriks.

My favorite set of Callaway irons are the Apex CF16's. They just flat out perform. These were and still are the first iron set that truly defined the Distance Players Category. These irons gave me the confidence to put a smooth swing on the ball knowing that they launch high and go far. They were a game changer.

Entry:
My favorite irons are the Callaway Apex CF19. They are the purest, smoothest, and most buttery feeling iron I have ever played. They are forgiving, while still giving you distance on mishits. They are sexy looking to beat it all! They are the whole package and I’m gaming them now!

Big Bertha, I've only admired you from afar, but I am smitten. Your ample curves, sleek lines, and robust bottom, I just cannot stop thinking about you. December is a long time to wait, but I would do it for you. I would touch no other, waiting for you.

Good luck everyone!!!

This would be my dream contest as I am very fond of Callaway. Tough call but I will go with X16 PS

1598578339791.jpeg
These were my first good irons and I loved them. The PW was actually a good size and nice to look down on. The X16PS were very forgiving for a players iron and had a solid feel.

I have to say the Rogue irons. Having gotten into golf more seriously 3 summers back, the Rogue irons I got last Christmas represents my first ”real” golf iron set I game. The first is always the best! These irons are easy to hit and are very forgiving.

I am currently playing the Apex 19s and they are my choice. The Apex 19s sit beautifully behind the ball, are forgiving, provide lots of distance and are workable. An outstanding players distance iron. I tried many different irons in my fitting and kept coming back to the Apex. My all time PB was with the X14PS and I hope to surpass that with the Apex.

Had the original set of big Bertha irons and they were pure beast mode, easiest 1 iron to hit ever. Would love to see how the maverick pros would feel now!

Look, I know i don't post on here much but, I know the Apex would be great for me. As a 14 handicap , i need forgiveness and distance, not the best ball striker. Also, I can add a **** ton of humor and I have a brilliant personality!

I was fit into the APEX pro but would go with the Smoke. My swing has changed as I've gone from a 14 to 7 and I'm due to get fit into something to match up with my more consistent swing. First real driver I ever bought was Callaway Ft-3 long ago.

As stated before, BIG props to Callaway and THP for all their support to let us hackers have these great opportunities. This is an awesome event, and someone is going to be a VERY happy person. Good luck to everyone, and my official entry is below.

Official Entry
Having only payed a handful of Callaway clubs, my favorite has to be the entire S2H2 line. Why you ask? Simple, because this started the foundation for the research, development, and innovation that Callaway strives for. Callaway has always put this idea in the forefront of all their products.

(not an entry) - If I had to pick my favorite, based on clean looks and appearance, I'm going with my Epic Forged. Those are some sexy irons. Love them. If if was going off which ones are best for my game, I'm going with the Mav Max. I see more forgiveness and strikes that feel good with the Max.

Good luck everyone! I'm betting this one is even better than advertised!

Thanks for the chance at this awesome experience THP and Callaway Golf.

I have never played any Callaway clubs so I can not claim any as my favorite but, I did try the online fitting tool and it picked what I think are the hottest looking of the offerings. A combo set of Apex/Apex Pros. These would be a set I would be proud to play!

Official Entry:
As a golfer that has played with Callaway Irons in my last 7 sets from X-16 to Apex 19, I have a wide range to compare Callaway Irons.

The best is Apex 19, the Apex 14 invented the Players Distance category. The Apex 19 is the continuation of this excellence. Great Feel & Forgiving w/o sacrificing distance.

watching the podcast makes me wanting even more to get selected. Really enjoyed learning the facts/mechanics of the new BB S2's. Hope I get the chance to win the last spot.

Justin from Distance Fitting recommended Mavrik Max W lite. I picked up 5i to test. One of the courses I play is hilly with long thick rough. Forgiveness married with distance makes it my go to club in this situation. Thanks Callaway even with bad lies you make golfing fun.

Back