TEASER The Graphite Challenge with UST Mamiya will Return in 2020

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Those that followed the Live Update thread from this past weekend already heard the news. Those who didn't, missed out on a ton of shaft knowledge. :D

We are excited that this is coming back and the new THP Experiences Platform will be chalk full of surprises.

From the read of the 2019 event, 2020 will be a must apply event..... Who am I kidding, every event is a must apply event!!

???

That's what I like to hear!!

Did see it while following the event but always great to see it again. Really happy to see this return.

It was an exceptional event and I can only imagine what the new Experience will be. Hard to imagine that it could be better (except for the Saturday rain) but I know @JB and @GolferGal will do it.

• Admin
It was an exceptional event and I can only imagine what the new Experience will be. Hard to imagine that it could be better (except for the Saturday rain) but I know @JB and @GolferGal will do it.

It really was a ton of fun. We have some ideas and are as excited as everybody else here.

Got to get into one of these events - Every follow of every event brings more education......

• Admin
Got to get into one of these events - Every follow of every event brings more education......

The new THP Experience platform is pretty exciting and will have so much education and information surrounding each one.
If you want the opportunity, do not forget your 2020 Albatross Club membership in time before signups. No hurry of course, as only Distance Bash will have signups coming up very soon.

I had so much fun at this event... awesome to see the collaboration will continue!

Glad to see this coming back. Always a fun event when THP and UST get involved.

So glad to see this one coming back. Such a great time including a ton of shaft and club knowledge. The golf was amazing! If you slept on this one last year I recommend not doing the same next year!

I have got to try and get in one of these events to learn more on the different shafts! Glad to see this event is back as it seems to be a favorite.

Really happy to hear that more people will get to have this experience themselves. I came away from last week's event with a ton more knowledge and understanding on how graphite shafts are designed, why some common misconceptions are wrong (such as graphite causing a wider shot dispersion, when in fact the opposite is true), and why graphite shafts are growing in popularity and acceptance by golfers everywhere. It was an amazing opportunity and one that I will never forget.

Last edited:
Sounds awesome.

Love to go along. Oddly with 30,000 combinations to choose from true spec golf told me my current Ping G 10.5 with a first generation Mitsubishi diamana blue 73x Couldn’t be improved upon. Not a single yard more trying all the new heads and probably about 6 different shafts. Lol. Felt odd hearing that from a professional club fitter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sounds awesome.

Love to go along. Oddly with 30,000 combinations to choose from true spec golf told me my current Ping G 10.5 with a first generation Mitsubishi diamana blue 73x Couldn’t be improved upon. Not a single yard more trying all the new heads and probably about 6 different shafts. Lol. Felt odd hearing that from a professional club fitter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Check out the 2019 Live Update thread if you get a chance. The Graphite Challenge is about irons and there is a lot in there from this past weekend about both distance and dispersion. Lots of good info.

The volume and sustainability of THP events year to year is quite remarkable. I forum-enjoyed this year's graphite challenge -- even got an answer to a question -- and look forward to seeing this one play out next year.

Sounds great!

Awesome to see this will be happening again in 2020, truly an amazing experience this past weekend

This is going to be an absolutely insane trip next year. We have made some course decisions and some equipment decisions and it is going to be a ton of fun.

Another wonderful experience in the works! Nothing but positive feedback from this year’s version and next year will somehow top that, I’m sure.

Back