• Electricity

Votes: 27 93.1%
  • Light bulbs

Votes: 2 6.9%

• Total voters

Lynchburg14

Reaction score
Handicap
This morning during planning time my department had a discussion on what was the greatest invention was between Electricity and Light bulbs. We were split with arguments saying without electricity the light bulb would be no good and others saying without the light bulb we would not be able to fly planes, drive cars, or anything else at night.

So THP what do think is the greater invention, Electricity or Light bulbs?

Gotta go with electricity. As stated above, light bulbs are nothing but a thing without electricity.

air conditioning

but between the two in the poll, light bulbs gets my vote - only because electricity was discovered, not invented.

I said electricity too because we would not have our technology that the world depends on without electricity.

air conditioning

but between the two in the poll, light bulbs gets my vote - only because electricity was discovered, not invented.

That is what my coworker said

Electricity. But being in the generation business, that would obviously be my answer.

The whole Edison/Tesla battle back in the early days of large scale generation just flat out fascinates me.

They still had to invent a way to mass produce electricity.

The wheel.

Yes, I'm being different. lol

Electricity. Light buld would just be an object with no use without the juice to make it shine.

Electricity. It's the foundation.

Electricity is a discovery, not an invention.

While the light bulb is an amazing invention, I think that the internal combustion engine and the assembly line give it a run for its money. All 3 revolutionized the times in massively substantial ways.

While you could argue electricity is a discovery and not invention, try running your house on lightning or rubbing your socks on carpet.

Oh this is kinda like what came first: Chicken or the Egg

Electricity and the Egg

Sliced bread

idk, I don't like how they are always assuming I want the same bread thickness for everything.

idk, I don't like how they are always assuming I want the same bread thickness for everything.

Me either. Grilled cheese needs thicker bread.

And I still say electricity. The light bulb would not exist without a source to ulluminate it. And there aren't enough potatos in the world to light a house up for very long. :D

I am with the group that says electricity is a discovery. If you want electricity then the generator would be the answer for greatest invention. It would be equivalent to saying light is an invention, a light bulb creates light with a power source.

I find it funny that many people refer to it as "electricity" when talking about power/power outages or similar things, but then all of a sudden become sticklers to the fact that the actual electricity part isn't an invention.

Really? We're all on the same page. stop being weird.

I'm gonna say electricity, but the real answer is toilet paper.

Electricity is a discovery, not an invention.

I was just about to type the very same thing. It was a discovery, like fire. The greatest invention for me, the internet. If only it had been around when I was about 13 or 14 LOL.

#FiberLaunch

I was just about to type the very same thing. It was a discovery, like fire. The greatest invention for me, the internet. If only it had been around when I was about 13 or 14 LOL.

#FiberLaunch
The internet was the greatest maybe at one point, but social media shenanigans are dropping it closer to the worst

Back