The greatest memorable sport press conferences and quotes

My time to shine! I love press conferences

1) "IM A MAN... IM 40." Not even close to the best quote in the whole conference. My favorite "Sent to me by a mother...with children"
2) Richard Sherman vs Crabtree- When Erin Andrews goes "Who was talking about you?" She was actually confused. Dont watch Sherman watch Erin.

3) Kevin Borseth U of Michigan WBB.- Starts out by literally throwing a binder of stuff

4) Jim Mora "We couldnt do diddly poo" Much funnier than the playoffs rant IMHO. Playoffs is a one second sound bite

5) The bears are who we thought they were- Classic. The gradual build up in anger is great

Richard Sherman was an angry man!

1637758746150.jpeg

Tug McGraw, legendary relief pitcher and also Tim’s dad, was a quote machine:

"I dunno. I never smoked any Astroturf." - Asked for a preference of grass or Astroturf

“Ninety percent (of my salary) I'll spend on good times, women and Irish Whiskey. The other ten percent I'll probably waste."

Last edited:
Practice?!?
Playoffs?!?
"We're on to Cincinnati"

Are the ones that immediately come to mind.

Steelers coach Chuck Noll, on the difficulty of making final roster cuts:

“Making cuts is easy. The hard part is stopping.”

I think this is one of the most important press conference moments out there.

And one more... Body Language! "I'd rather lose than watch kids play the way some kids play." ~ GA.

When coaching the Tampa Bay Bucks toward the end of his career, John McKay was asked about his team's execution.
"I'm in favor it," he replied.

Me and my friends quote Dennis Green's "They are who we thought they were" rant way more than anything else. There's a few good lines in there. "IF YOU WANT TO CROWN THEM, THEN CROWN THEIR A**"

"....AND WE LET EM OFF THE HOOK"

It's amazing how much you can say this in an office setting

Mike Tyson-Back is broken! Spinal!

Bum Phillips talking to a reporter about Earl Campbell not finishing a mile run. “When it’s 1st and a mile, I won’t give it to him!” 🤣🤣🤣

Bum Phillips talking to a reporter about Earl Campbell not finishing a mile run. “When it’s 1st and a mile, I won’t give it to him!” 🤣🤣🤣

Bum also said this about his epitaph at a press conference:

"He'd have lived a hell of a lot longer if he didn't have to play Pittsburgh six times in two years."

MLB manager Chuk Tanner said:

"The best team in baseball will lose one-third of its games. The worst team in baseball will win one-third of its games. The team that wins the most of the remaining third will win the pennant."

Chuck made Norman Vincent "The Power of Positive Thinking" Peale look suicidal.

NFL = Not For Long

This might be favorite and most relatable press conference ever.

This is exactly the one that came to mind when I read this. His delivery, stone cold sarcasm, that actually wasn't disrespectful was just absolutely hilarious. I love this answer to just a stupid question.

When coaching the Tampa Bay Bucks toward the end of his career, John McKay was asked about his team's execution.
"I'm in favor it," he replied.

Reminds me of the quote this week from Mike Tomlin of the Pittsburgh Steelers, following Chase Claypools suggestion that practive might be more fun if music were played. Tomlin replied, "Claypool plays wideout, and I will allow him to do that! Meanwhile, I decide the practice format. I consider that a fair division of labor!" :ROFLMAO:

I looked for the press conference where the Ohio State Athletic Director was forced by the Board of Regents to fire Earl Bruce! That firing was the most ridiculous thing ever! Earl Bruce was a great coach. But the Board of Regents didn't like him. So, shortly after announcing the firing of Bruce, the AD announced his resignation in protest for being forced to do such a thing!

This thread needs some Mike Leach:

Mike Ditka had a bunch of great press conferences.

This is memorable and i wont soon forget it because it was such a ridiculous thing to say. BC916D0B-3A19-4D00-A95A-14043F7551E7.jpeg

Back