The Grilled Cheese

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
There are many different kinds from the basic to the extravagant. The best I have had to date was at PGA National iBar, but there are so many outstanding versions. There is a place in Cleveland, OH called Melt that is said to be amazing. And others like it. I make a pretty darn good grilled cheese, but once in a while, you want something unique.

This thread will serve as host for the amazing sandwich known as the Grilled Cheese.

There are many different kinds from the basic to the extravagant. The best I have had to date was at PGA National iBar, but there are so many outstanding versions. There is a place in Cleveland, OH called Melt that is said to be amazing. And others like it. I make a pretty darn good grilled cheese, but once in a while, you want something unique.

This thread will serve as host for the amazing sandwich known as the Grilled Cheese.

I can attest to the quality of the Melt sandwiches.

One weird thing I do when making my own grilled cheese at home is I use mayo on the outside of the bread to grill instead of butter or margarine.

Also, all of the ketchup!

I don't think I have eaten a grilled cheese sandwich since I was about 8 or 9, and I never liked them much. However, I do love patty melts, which are basically grilled cheese but with a burger in there for good measure. Maybe I need to give them another shot.

We eat them on gloomy days, usually with tomato soup.

People in Iowa (at least in my ex-wife's family) call them toasted cheese.

Outside of Epcot, Yacht and Beach Club, "Beaches and Cream" soda/ice-cream bar. Best grilled cheese and tomato bisque I have had, seriously, the Doc and I go 2-3 times a visit to WDW just for this.

I made one once and put homemade guacamole and cooked bacon inside. It was very tasty.

We put bacon inside our grilled cheese before we cook them...what does bacon not improve?

Havent been to the Melt...yet, but found a pic of the Monte Cristo from their menu

melt-bar-art-ga0of3dk-1monte-cristo-jpg.jpg

Love me some grilled cheese!!! My personal fav is Gouda, Mozzarella, & Swiss on Texas toast.

Butter on the outside of the bread. Cheese, garlic powder, crumbled bacon in the middle= tasty success on a griddle

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Heres their 14 cheese sandwhich

the_melt_challenge.jpg

I am simple when it comes to grilled cheese. Love the classic; Buttered bread on outside, 2 slices of yellow American, and cook in a pan till golden brown.

Havent been to the Melt...yet, but found a pic of the Monte Cristo from their menu

melt-bar-art-ga0of3dk-1monte-cristo-jpg.jpg

i had that once its good and the berry dipping sauce is great...but i didnt feel great after i ate it lol

I like mine simple. Bread, butter, Kraft singles American cheese. Add a bowl of tomato soup, heaven.

I like mine simple. Bread, butter, Kraft singles American cheese. Add a bowl of tomato soup, heaven.

At home, thats the only way to go IMO. Makes me feel like a kid again.

Outside of Epcot, Yacht and Beach Club, "Beaches and Cream" soda/ice-cream bar. Best grilled cheese and tomato bisque I have had, seriously, the Doc and I go 2-3 times a visit to WDW just for this.

Yep. I thought that sandwich was sort of a secret. I WILL be having one this Saturday.

GET OUT OF MY HEAD! That's the ONLY logical way to go.

I go the old fashioned route, but I do like to add a few different cheeses if we have them. Adding some mozzarella is the ticket for a nice oozey grilled cheese.

Heres their 14 cheese sandwhich

the_melt_challenge.jpg

I think you have to schedule a stint just to eat that sandwich.

I'd give it a go, though, if I had a cup of tomato soup on the side.

Favorite grilled cheese at home is with pimento cheese and bacon.

Tomato soup needs to be included, though.

Next time any of you are in LA, try to track down The Grilled Cheese Truck. I'll let you check out the menu and decide for yourself, I love the Cheesy Mac and Rib and the Sweet Sriracha Chicken Melt.

Favorite grilled cheese at home is with pimento cheese and bacon.

Tomato soup needs to be included, though.
That's very Augusta of you. Don't think I have ever had pimento.

Back