The Grilled Cheese

troyefl

Jax, FL
Albatross 2021 Club
Reaction score
Grilled Cheese, the World's Most Expensive Sandwich from Serendipity 3. Sounds delicious, but pretty expensive!

The Quintessential Grilled Cheese was created by the extravagant chefs at New York’s Serendipity 3 for National Sandwich Day and goes for a whopping $214—that’s about $13 a bite. It was recently named World's Most Expensive Sandwich by the Guinness Book of World Records.

If you’re looking for classic standby with American cheese, you’d be better off making something at home.

This ultimate luxury sandwich starts off with French Pullman bread—infused with Dom Perignon champagne and 24 karat gold flakes. The bread is then buttered with a white truffle spread. Inside, you’ve got layers of Caciocavallo Podolico Cheese, a rare Italian made from the milk of free-ranging cows fed a highly aromatic diet of fennel grasses and wild strawberries . After it’s been grilled to ooey-gooey perfection, the edges of the sandwich are dipped in gold leaf—which is actually edible in its purest form.

Instead of plain old tomato soup, the chefs at Serendipity serve up this grilled cheese with South African Lobster, swirled with more truffle oil.

HandyManny

This Is Paradise
Reaction score
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1418671231.822586.jpg

This was my grilled cheese with pulled pork & macaroni and cheese from the Grilled Cheese food truck in SoCal.
To die for!

jim54

must be the shafts
Albatross 2021 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Good old fashioned American Cheese, bacon and a slice of tomato

C-Mac13

Addicted
Reaction score
Handicap
It needs to be gooing and must have bacon.

JB

Follow @THPGolf
Albatross 2021 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Looking good.

staticline

Reaction score
Handicap
Dinner last night for the kids. Of note is the bread. It's gluten free and the only gluten free bread I've had that tastes as good as regular bread.

I am a big fan of dipping the grilled cheese into the ketchup for each bite. For some reason, that tastes better than putting ketchup in the actual sandwich.

Jman

Golfing Equipment Reviewer
Albatross 2021 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
This thread makes me crave the grilled cheese and tomato bisque from beaches and cream at WDW.

Bliss.

pattyboy21

Albatross 2021 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
This thread makes me crave the grilled cheese and tomato bisque from beaches and cream at WDW.

Bliss.
A lot of people use ketchup, or eat their grilled cheese with tomato soup. I love putting tomato in mine; for me, it really makes the grilled cheese sandwich come alive with flavor!

GolferGal

Chick Norris
Boss Albatross 2021 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
Golf
A lot of people use ketchup, or eat their grilled cheese with tomato soup. I love putting tomato in mine; for me, it really makes the grilled cheese sandwich come alive with flavor!
I like tomato soup, I love tomato sauce but just a slice of tomato hot is so gross to me. It makes no sense, but I have grown to embrace my weird eating habits.

T2GRN18

Reaction score
Handicap
I like tomato soup, I love tomato sauce but just a slice of tomato hot is so gross to me. It makes no sense, but I have grown to embrace my weird eating habits.
Then we are weird together. I can't stand it either.

Sox_Fan

BHG Homer
Albatross 2021 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Varies
One of my favorite meals is a bowl of spicy chili complimented by a grilled cheese sandwich. Nothing fancy on the sandwich, just a couple of slices of sharp cheddar between two slices of buttered (real stuff, not margarin) bread.

DawgDaddy

Old Coot
Reaction score
Handicap
L.O.F.T.
One of my favorite meals is a bowl of spicy chili complimented by a grilled cheese sandwich. Nothing fancy on the sandwich, just a couple of slices of sharp cheddar between two slices of buttered (real stuff, not margarin) bread.
Next time you are in Milledgeville stop by the Brick and order their grilled cheese sandwich with their tomato soup, I bet it will be you 2nd favorite meal from then on.

pattyboy21

Albatross 2021 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Lol - it makes perfect sense to me as I love peaches, but hate any peach-flavored food or drink. Not an exact analogy of course, because I like cold peaches as well as peach cobbler. Mmmmm, peach cobbler...

cwmonroe87

Cherub Face Assassin
Reaction score
So now I have to find a local restaurant that has tomato soup and grilled cheese for lunch today.... Thanks THP

IceyShanks

NiceyThanks
Albatross 2021 Club
Reaction score
So now I have to find a local restaurant that has tomato soup and grilled cheese for lunch today.... Thanks THP
Sounds oh so yummy, especially on a cold day like today in NE!

Jman

Albatross 2021 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
Just made the doc and I some badass grilled cheeses on the griddle at the inlaws.

Crusty sourdough coated with garlic herb butter, with Swiss, provolone, and havarti cheeses.

With tomato bisque of course.

Blissssssssss.

cwmonroe87

Cherub Face Assassin
Reaction score
Just made the doc and I some badass grilled cheeses on the griddle at the inlaws.

Crusty sourdough coated with garlic herb butter, with Swiss, provolone, and havarti cheeses.

Blissssssssss.
Sounds delicious.

Smallville

#WeLoveYouAlex
Reaction score
Handicap
In Flux
We almost always have tomato soup with our grilled cheese.

Johnny mojo

Mojovated!
Reaction score

Blissssssssss.
YES!

JM

Mash

Reaction score
Reading this thread makes me taste the grilled cheese sandwiches my grandma used to make me… Brings back great memories. I used to drive past her house when coming home from practice late at night, and when the lights were still on, I’d stop and she made me the best ones I ever had. Bread was sprinkled with great olive oil, 3 different cheeses, had peppers on it. Sometimes she’d put small strips of chicken between the bread and cheese as well. Had them all over the world, but they could never rival hers….

Tywithay

Albatross 2021 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Golf
Been reading through this thread and it has me thinking I'll try a grilled cheese soon. I haven't had one since I've been old enough to remember. I vaguely remember having them when I was extremely young, but I didn't like them. Didn't like mac and cheese as a kid either, which has carried on to this day. I can't see a reason I wouldn't like a grilled cheese now though. I'll probably throw one on for lunch and see how it goes.

Jman

Albatross 2021 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
Thick cut crusty sourdough, gruyere, havarti, provolone.

1fairway2anothe

Reaction score
Im suppose to be getting read to go out for my family's christmas but this thread seems more important. Anyway sometimes i like to use mozzarella cheese throw a touch of garlic powder on it. After its cooked i sprinkle Parmesan cheese on it. A really good cook once recommended to me to put peanut butter in a grilled cheese cant say i was a fan but some people may enjoy it.

Welcome to The Hackers Paradise

Don't just play golf, live it!

Register Log in