The Grilled Cheese

I'll have to post a pic of the buffalo chicken grilled cheese we made last night...

You should try the giant sandwich challenge there. Because you're a winner, and that's what winners would do.

NO way dude, just looking at all of that cheese makes me sick

maybe if they have one on the kids menu I can handle I'll go for it

Made pizza grill cheese last night. Used Munster, Gouda, and Mozzarella with pizza sauce and turkey peporiones. It was GOOD

Here is the buffalo chicken grilled cheese we made last night..

Oh man I want one right now please

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

There are many different kinds from the basic to the extravagant. The best I have had to date was at PGA National iBar, but there are so many outstanding versions. There is a place in Cleveland, OH called Melt that is said to be amazing. And others like it. I make a pretty darn good grilled cheese, but once in a while, you want something unique.

This thread will serve as host for the amazing sandwich known as the Grilled Cheese.

Melt is absolutely phenomenal. I'm lucky enough to live within 20 minutes. Every sandwich is perfection. And the fries are to die for.

Here is the buffalo chicken grilled cheese we made last night..

This is officially the winner of the entire internet for the day posted *and* today, since I just saw it today. Congrats!

Also, tomato soup rules.

Favorite grilled cheese at home is with pimento cheese and bacon.

Tomato soup needs to be included, though.

Trying the pimento grilled cheese tonight. Got a plain and a pimento w/ jalapeño. Going to make one of each, sans back.

What about pouched Lobster and Grilled Cheese...mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

devilicious-san-diego-ca-butter-poached-lobster-grilled-cheese-sandwich-610x407.jpg

I know this will make some of you cringe, but in a pinch I now make a quick grilled cheese by toasting the bread and then putting the cheese slices on a microwaving it for a few, not great, but it helps in a pinch!

I know this will make some of you cringe, but in a pinch I now make a quick grilled cheese by toasting the bread and then putting the cheese slices on a microwaving it for a few, not great, but it helps in a pinch!

the_horror_you_gais_by_ask_salad_fingers-d4zj0jc.png

giphy.gif
:D

Being one who does not like American cheese, the perfect one for me is some fresh mozzarella, bacon, tomato and proceed to slam it down.

Grilled cheese is my go to in a pinch. Best part is you can make it better with anything you have left over in the fridge.

Best one I've made recently though... Jalapeño popper grilled cheese. Wish I would have taken a picture. Wife sent me one of the many recipes online. I cut out the texas toast and replaced with potato bread. Other ingredients are easy.

Chopped jalapeños. However many depends on how spicy/peppery you want it.
Cream cheese
Monterey Jack cheese
Bacon

Biggest issue I had was getting the cream cheese on one side of the bread and butter on the other. Little messy. I made one to the recipe and another with Colby Jack without bacon. I think colby jack with bacon would be perfect.

Hawk, I don't like tomato soup either.

this thread gave me an idea for a grilled cheese. I think I will try it for lunch. Here's my thought for the recipe:

1) fry bacon. about 8 strips. 3 for the sandwich and the rest because bacon.
2) drain all but about a tsp of the bacon grease, leaving any bits of charred bacon in the pan
3) one piece of bread into the pan, piling cheddar, monterrey jack, and gruyere on top, then the bacon and another piece of bread
4) proceed to grill cheese as normal, adding a half tsp or so of grease as necessary for the flip.

my heart jumps for joy at the thought... and also braces itself for impact. thoughts?

not all of the bacon made it onto the plate...

IC42eAi.jpg

not all of the bacon made it onto the plate...

IC42eAi.jpg
When I cook bacon, it never all makes it into the dish I'm making. Paired with a Dr. Pepper, can't beat that right there!

That looks tasty baldguy.

http://www.leesgrilledcheese.com

Chain, but awesome and amazing and the DFW crowd probably already know. Can't eat there too much, but they're really good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Love me some grilled cheese with a really sharp cheddar, bacon and any other random cheeses I find in the fridge. I also like throwing some directly in the pan before i put the bread in so that it creates a good crust on teh bread.

As always, my go-to site for all things food: http://www.seriouseats.com/search?site=all&term=grilled+cheese

Made 3 variations tonight.
-The standard american cheese
-American cheese with pimiento spread between
-sharp cheddar jack cheese

yjuzepyj.jpg

I just found a new favorite thread.

Dinner last night for the kids. Of note is the bread. It's gluten free and the only gluten free bread I've had that tastes as good as regular bread.

7ahahuvu.jpg

Back