The Grilled Cheese

Oooh, i'm so glad I found this thread! For those of you around Chicago, get yourself up to Evanston to Ten Mile House and have their version of grilled cheese, the Crispy Grilled Cheese, with bacon. Don't make excuses, just go.
I don't know quite how to describe it. For me, it was like seeing the Grand Canyon for the first time. Or like a deer in the middle of the street at night, frozen in time, unsure of what was really coming. I was so mesmerized I forgot to get my phone out and snap a pic. Don't worry, i'm going back. Soon.

Country bread with white cheddar, provolone, and mozzarella cheese, more bacon than I've ever seen on any sandwich of any kind, then coated with some kind of crispy, battered, blanket of love. Some vegetarian smart mouth in our party saw it and said, "Oh good, if you eat that we get to watch you have a heart attack right here tonight".
My response, "It's truly been a pleasure knowing you all."

If I were Mayor, my economic recovery plan would revolve around this crispy grilled cheese sandwich. If I were Dean of Students at Northwestern University, it would be required tasting.
Oh, and their smoked brisket and pork shoulder chili was outstanding sitting next to it. Love.

http://www.tmhevanston.com/menu/

I'm so going to try this. Sorry if it's been already posted.

Last edited:
That right there is freaking brilliant.

That's the way I make mine (butter), but wow...never thought about the outside. Will be done..thanks

Wow, this thread is awesome. I mastered the grilled cheese in college and always made them when we were drunk haha. It's all about that American cheeeez

A smoked provolone grilled cheese is pretty good!

As well as pepper jack...

Our club makes a damn good grilled cheese with bacon in it. My daughter is home sick and yesterday her only request was that I bring back a grilled cheese for her after my golf. I have them put jalapeños in it for me.

e463e3b8da5407cb3805cb1e46e1428d.jpg

I'll report back...

Just made this grilled cheddar, Munster, and provolone with Black Forest ham...

The report is...
I'm making another one right NOW!!

THE best grilled cheese I've ever eaten!!

Damn. Now I want it even more.

Inside out grill cheese is king.

I'm so going to try this. Sorry if it's been already posted.

This looks freakin' amazing! I will be eating one of these, prepared exactly this way, with my chili tonight.

Looks delicious but I disagree with only using sharp cheddar. I would do my american, provolone, mozzarella mix inside and the sharp cheddar on the outside. Pair it with either your favorite soup or a chipotle ranch dipping sauce for one hell of a meal.

Anyone else try this?

Had this for lunch yesterday from a Downtown Jax restaurant, Olio. Was pretty delicious.

DUCK GRILLED CHEESE
duck confit, green tomato, gruyere and white american cheese on thick cut sourdough

Had this for lunch yesterday from a Downtown Jax restaurant, Olio. Was pretty delicious.

DUCK GRILLED CHEESE
duck confit, green tomato, gruyere and white american cheese on thick cut sourdough

I'm never downtown when Olio is open, but I saw that sandwich on the food network. Looks good

I just want to give my THP brethren an update.

Inside Out Grilled Cheese with American Sharp Cheddar DA BOMB.

Inside Out Grilled Cheese with Processed Cheese Slices. FAIL DONT DO IT.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1425074769.273390.jpg. Made a grilled cheese with cooper cheese and put mayo on the outside of the bread before grilling it. This recipe is a keeper.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My mother in law ordered a grilled cheese for lunch in the hospital over the weekend. When they delivered it everyone in the room said....oooooohhhhh!!

And we all wanted do head down do the cafeteria. I had never seen a hospital meal look so good.

I think I'll have one tonight. That rant made my day. Picture will be added after I make it.

3f99d9ca81bf5bc656ca5fb6c90e5692.jpg

Last edited:
My wife hears that almost every time DDD is on.

Holy Crap, one everyday for 21 years, he must cut quite the figure!

Flaming Cheetos
flaming-cheetos-grilled-cheese071.jpg

Back