The Grint - World Handicap

Are swingU and 18birdies free and updated to the new handicap system?

I am not sure about Swing U, but it looks like my cap went down in 18Birdies by almost a full strike so that indicates to me that it did update.

I swear I'm a pro member already, but it is now not showing my pro member status. :(

I'm thinking of just joining a local club and paying for the GHIN service. Their app looks pretty smooth and at least I'll get a free round out of it.

Your Pro is showing when I pull you up in the app.

I do not need a handicap right now so I am. It too worried about the latest update. I was not a pro member so I am. It out any money. I will keep on eye on this thread and others like it to find out where the next best app to keep a handicap is.

This is my hopes that it will be good tomorrow.
I got this reply from them. Again, it may be a bit different for you being in the USA.
"
good afternoon,

Thank you for contacting us.

We apologize for the confusion. First I would like to clarify that you don't need a GHIN#, and that you can continue using TheGrint the same way you have always done. (if your handicap now shows an NH is a mistake and will be fixed in the coming hours).

Having said that. We are only authorized to sell GHIN#'s in the USA. If you are not in the USA then you don't need a GHIN#. We sell them for $19.99 for people in the USA. If you regularly play in the USA then you can declare a USA city as your home base and obtain a GHIN# from us.

So, in summary, you don't need to do anything different for now.

Hope that makes sense please let us know if you have any other questions.

We are here to help."

Looks like they had to send a note around after a ton of bad reviews came in the past few days haha

I had the lifetime pro but can’t access though the app and says I’m not pro. If I log into the site it still says that I am pro. Seems like some plumbing needs to be fixed in their backend. I tried doing the restore purchases in the app but it just hangs.

I had the lifetime pro but can’t access though the app and says I’m not pro. If I log into the site it still says that I am pro. Seems like some plumbing needs to be fixed in their backend. I tried doing the restore purchases in the app but it just hangs.

I literally just opened the app again and it said an update was required. Did the update and it seems fixed now. Go to your app store and see if anything is available. For me, I can now see my handicap again.

I got this reply from them. Again, it may be a bit different for you being in the USA.
"
good afternoon,

Thank you for contacting us.

We apologize for the confusion. First I would like to clarify that you don't need a GHIN#, and that you can continue using TheGrint the same way you have always done. (if your handicap now shows an NH is a mistake and will be fixed in the coming hours).

Having said that. We are only authorized to sell GHIN#'s in the USA. If you are not in the USA then you don't need a GHIN#. We sell them for $19.99 for people in the USA. If you regularly play in the USA then you can declare a USA city as your home base and obtain a GHIN# from us.

So, in summary, you don't need to do anything different for now.

Hope that makes sense please let us know if you have any other questions.

We are here to help."
Thanks man. Now all I have to do is wait. I guess I'll just be out $20. Lol

Ugh. I just opened up my ghin app and my scores are doubled up from the last few days. Wtf thegrint? It didn't say anything about them submitting scores entered on their website directly to ghin. I do that separately. :mad:

So, just found out too once you sign up for the new your HC will not be there but will be there the next day and they give you a GHIN # if you don't have one. Makes me feel a little better. Still sucks it's now double the price and I hope they refund my original pro membership since I was charged for it literally 8 days ago.

Ugh. I just opened up my ghin app and my scores are doubled up from the last few days. Wtf thegrint? It didn't say anything about them submitting scores entered on their website directly to ghin. I do that separately. :mad:
I emailed them this morning and they just got back to me this evening. I had to go through by hand and manually pick out the scores for them to delete. I sent them the list tonight. We will see how fast it happens. I also deleted all my scores in the Grint, so we will see if they are automatically taken out of my card with the revision tonight

Following this. They've boogered this transition, we'll see how they make it right to those that stay.

I emailed them this morning and they just got back to me this evening. I had to go through by hand and manually pick out the scores for them to delete. I sent them the list tonight. We will see how fast it happens. I also deleted all my scores in the Grint, so we will see if they are automatically taken out of my card with the revision tonight
Man you guys are getting responses. I've sent them 3 emails today and nothing. Lol

Following this one, I like the app but they've butchered this one.

@OldandStiff
I fixed my scores myself. If you delete your scores in the grint while your GHIN is still in the grint, then wait for the overnight revision. They will be removed. Thank god. What a mess.

Last edited:
Are they responding to anyone else? The screwing up of handicaps is a big deal, maybe they'e only answering those questions
Give it a day or two, I am sure they are getting bombarded. :dohanim:

I got an e-mail late last night and I'll let this play out for a week or so and see what's going on. I don't mind paying for the GHIN or whatever I have to do but would prefer to stay with TheGrint if they make the transition easy.

I got an e-mail late last night and I'll let this play out for a week or so and see what's going on. I don't mind paying for the GHIN or whatever I have to do but would prefer to stay with TheGrint if they make the transition easy.
I checked mine. I was given a GHIN # and my handicap is updated.

I'm sitting by to see what happens. I think its a small company and they seem to have botched the roll-out, certainly on the consumer education side. They may get this all squared away soon.

Just got some emails from them. It looks like they might refund the original $19.99 that I was charged a week ago that won't work for the new pro membership. Will know more soon and I'll let y'all know.

I just signed up for the yearly handicap last night. Maybe because I wasn't rolling anything over, but it looks good today. I just copied my last 20 scores from my other free tracker because I wanted to get a GHIN. The calculations came out exactly the same

Back