Any of you use the Grint for GHIN access?

I keep my handicap thru the Handicap App in the App Store but don’t have an official GHIN. I want to tho. I wondered if there is any benefit to signing up thru GRINT or just go to USGA website.

If you want to have an official GHIN contact your local golf association (TGA) and find out what you need to do to join. I think TN needs you to join an actual physical club in your area for handicap purposes, but they'll know. Regardless, it shouldn't cost much ($30/40?) and you'll be given a GHIN #. Then you can link that GHIN number to your grint account and just track your stuff normally through there. It will load the scores to the USGA automatically. It seems to be less trouble than what some have described as trying to get official handi's through grint.

Last edited:
The advanced shot tracking is a pain in the ass to get used to, honestly. It's so worth it though from a game analysis/improvement standpoint. I bitched and moaned about it not being very intuitive on course, and then finally committed myself to just doing it, and it was one of the best decisions I've made. After a while it's just like anything new in golf. When you first start you feel rushed and some veteran is asking you why you don't already have your glove on, or your yardage figured out already, etc, and pretty soon all that stuff is such habit you don't even realize you're doing it, and the people that are less efficient with it annoy you.
Especially if they have white ankle socks.

Especially if they have white ankle socks.
Other people can wear them all they want!

I'd probably talk with a teammate about it though. Really press the weight such decision making has on the team as a whole, and their inevitable responsibility if anyone plays poorly because of it. I wouldn't want them to have to carry that kind of burden. Thankfully pro shops usually sell socks. ;)

Other people can wear them all they want!

I'd probably talk with a teammate about it though. Really press the weight such decision making has on the team as a whole, and their inevitable responsibility if anyone plays poorly because of it. I wouldn't want them to have to carry that kind of burden. Thankfully pro shops usually sell socks. ;)
I really need to decide whether to look into GRINT. I love what you post when you show your scores. I am not excited about taking on a pain in the rear, as you describe it, but I am close to giving up on Shot Scope.

I really need to decide whether to look into GRINT. I love what you post when you show your scores. I am not excited about taking on a pain in the rear, as you describe it, but I am close to giving up on Shot Scope.
I thought shot scope's stuff was pretty solid? What's your main issue with it?

I thought shot scope's stuff was pretty solid? What's your main issue with it?
It misses so many shots and randomly adds in shots that I never took. If it were once in a while, it would be fine, but four or five per round is too much. I don’t want to go back and edit that much and unless you do, the info in the data base is inaccurate.

It misses so many shots and randomly adds in shots that I never took. If it were once in a while, it would be fine, but four or five per round is too much. I don’t want to go back and edit that much and unless you do, the info in the data base is inaccurate.
Well you'd have more control, but like I said, it's not a seamless learning experience. I'll try to take a video during a round of me using it. Phone filming what you're doing on another phone is kind of a nightmare though. I realized that's why I haven't done it. lol

Looks like I have some folks to add....I am @Jamstar35 on the Grint as well....

Edit: My WHS# is 10207910 if my username isnt finding me
Found me! Up to 7 friends on the Grint. I'm going to be so jealous over the winter when you guys start rounds and I'm staring at a foot of snow 😂

I have just been trying to enter my scores and putts and get vexed about it. Oh you young folks and your fancy tech things...😶
I still like the little pencil and paper thing the best and then input the stuff later sitting in my chair at home.

I've been using The Grint for a few years and in March they asked me to open an Akron area club. We had our first "tournament" last month to satisfy USGA requirements. So, at this stage, I'm all in with The Grint.

If you want to have an official GHIN contact your local golf association (TGA) and find out what you need to do to join. I think TN needs you to join an actual physical club in your area for handicap purposes, but they'll know. Regardless, it shouldn't cost much ($30/40?) and you'll be given a GHIN #. Then you can link that GHIN number to your grint account and just track your stuff normally through there. It will load the scores to the USGA automatically. It seems to be less trouble than what some have described as trying to get official handi's through grint.
So it sounds like just paying the Pro Member to get your World Golf Handicap is not a good idea? I was kind of thinking about it just because I'd be curious what my actual handicap is calculated at.

I've been using The Grint for a few years and in March they asked me to open an Akron area club. We had our first "tournament" last month to satisfy USGA requirements. So, at this stage, I'm all in with The Grint.

Matt, I'll need to look into getting my profile switched from the Cleveland Chapter over to the Akron Chapter.

Found me! Up to 7 friends on the Grint. I'm going to be so jealous over the winter when you guys start rounds and I'm staring at a foot of snow 😂
It's my first winter living in the south, so I'm looking forward to driving people crazy with this. :p

It's my first winter living in the south, so I'm looking forward to driving people crazy with this. :p

Where in the south?

Here in Nashville it’s always hit and miss in winter. Could be beautiful, could be wet, could be cold. You just never know.

Where in the south?

Here in Nashville it’s always hit and miss in winter. Could be beautiful, could be wet, could be cold. You just never know.
Little Rock. I know it won't be beautiful all the time, and it's constantly wet here, so when it's cool it'll be messy, but it'll be an improvement over the golfing in the snow I did last winter in Nebraska.

Matt, I'll need to look into getting my profile switched from the Cleveland Chapter over to the Akron Chapter.

Just send them an email and they should be able to do that for you.

Used to use Golfshot Pro but dropped them when they failed to implement the new score adjustments with WHS. Having been trying the free Grint version along with some others. Still prefer the GS Pro interface, probably because I was used to it. :D Seems like it did a better job of giving me all the yardages to hazards off the tee whereas Grint will only have 1 available at most.

I have just been trying to enter my scores and putts and get vexed about it. Oh you young folks and your fancy tech things...😶
I still like the little pencil and paper thing the best and then input the stuff later sitting in my chair at home.
That is exactly what I do. It takes too much of my "Hard Drive" to concentrate on my game to input as I go along.
I enter them afterword.

I still do it that way sometimes especially when playing a course that I just want to enjoy.

I started using this about 4 months ago for handicap purposes. Love the ease on putting in the scores and all the info with it...

Little Rock. I know it won't be beautiful all the time, and it's constantly wet here, so when it's cool it'll be messy, but it'll be an improvement over the golfing in the snow I did last winter in Nebraska.

I will be down in Hot Springs Village in about a week or so if you ever want to play some of their courses.
Golfever54 on The Grint.

Anyone having issues today? I can’t connect on the app or website to post my score.

Looks like I have some folks to add....I am @Jamstar35 on the Grint as well....

Edit: My WHS# is 10207910 if my username isnt finding me
I am X_usaf on the grint!

Not working for me either! Was working fine yesterday!

Back