Templet0n

washed...
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
snow..
Ok.. it is getting close to that time or maybe you have started to try and get back into shape.

i just got to the gym and have been here for 10 min and my headphones died!!

hah. How is a 40 year old white dude supposed to exercise without 90s rap blasting in my ears!!

#frustrationisreal haha.

I can lift without music (if I have to, lol), but tunes are an absolute must for cardio!

My playlists are different for both, too - heavy, aggro music for lifting, lighter higher-energy stuff for cardio.

I need 90's alternative and rock music in my ears to distract me from the pain going on in the rest of my body. I wish I could back in the gym, but ours has been closed down. DDP Yoga and bowflex for me.

This has happened to me several times, and it’s extraordinarily awkward. More so when I’m there alone.

I hate to say it, but i have had this issue when i went to the gym downstairs. WE had one in the building where my office is and the wife worked longer hours. SO i carried 2 sets of ear buds. One that recharged in the box. Since i was at work all day they charged on my desk. now that i work from home....i just turn up the tv

I forgot what a gym looked like. I’ve literally lifted one day since March. Freaking covid.

I can get through working out without music, or with the gym's music, but if they die I leave the buds in so no one makes the mistake of thinking I'm there to socialize.

I can get through working out without music, or with the gym's music, but if they die I leave the buds in so no one makes the mistake of thinking I'm there to socialize.

Same. I do my best to not make eye contact with anyone..

I've never bothered with music--either lifting or doing cardio.

I forgot what a gym looked like. I’ve literally lifted one day since March. Freaking covid.
Our gyms are open, but you have to wear a mask through your whole workout - has to be on from the time you walk in the door until the time you leave. Eff that noise.

Same. I do my best to not make eye contact with anyone..
Couple hand gestures is all you need for 95% of gym communication. I dig that.

Head nod here and there tops..
A friend of mine moved into town and wanted to go to the gym together. I had to start rescheduling my workout times because he made my workouts 45 minutes longer with all the BS'ing. I had worked out at that gym for two years and only knew one other person in the gym by name - within two weeks, my friend knew everybody in the gym and it was like old home week for him.

Ear buds/headphones are almost as effective as a "Do Not Disturb" sign hung around your neck. :LOL:

Ok.. it is getting close to that time or maybe you have started to try and get back into shape.

hah. How is a 40 year old white dude supposed to exercise without 90s rap blasting in my ears!!

#frustrationisreal haha.

try being deaf when you try to stream music to cochlear processor only to find out you forgot to charge the battery on the processor. Although, I do enjoy working out in complete silence 😂

try being deaf when you try to stream music to cochlear processor only to find out you forgot to charge the battery on the processor. Although, I do enjoy working out in complete silence 😂

You are introducing a whole new level of frustration haha.

#frustrationisreal haha.
90's rap is the best

Ah yes, the gym. I haven't seen one in 9 months. They've been shut down in Santa Clara county California for that entire time, except for a 3 week period a couple months ago where they were granted opening with a ton of restrictions including very limited capacity. Now completely shut down again and looks like they will be for awhile. There are even rumors (some propagated by announcements from the courses) that the lockdown announced in California late last week might affect golf courses.

So, I've had to get creative with exercising at home using some actual weights and a lot of ingenuity.

I for one cannot wait to get a vaccine and get my boots back in the gym. I feel like a lump at this point after 9 months of no gym time.

I haven't been back to the gym since the first Covid lockdowns... we were put on 12 hours shifts and they didn't mesh with my schedule. So I stopped going. I didn't lift. I only did cardio 3 times per week.

I just saw my cardiologist. He said my good cholesterol was up and the bad cholesterol was down... best numbers of mine he'd ever seen. "Keep doing what you're doing!" he said. I said "I'm not doing anything. I stopped going to the gym until the vaccine's in ready usage and herd immunity has built up." "Well, keep doing what you're NOT doing then!"

I still want to go back to the gym and my 3 times per week cardio but not until covid is less prevalent.

And I hate it when my earbuds die.

Back