The Happy Happy Joy Joy Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Awesome news for Mrs. Smalls!

Tell her congrats.

I love writing!

Thanks TC. I am so proud of her.

That's awesome Smalls! I love that you are so excited for her too. Tell her congrats from me too!

Congrats to your wife, Smalls.

I remember when Kelly birdied her first hole. She stroked a driver down the center of the fairway, planted a 7 iron to within 5 feet of the hole, and drilled her birdie putt. I made her take the ball out of play, gave her a Sharpie and let her sign the ball and put it on our rack. This was on her 3rd time playing, ever. I think I told anyone that would listen about her birdie.

I posted this in the What did you shoot today thread for my wife, but I am putting it here too, because I am HHJJ about it!

This isn't me, this is a score from my AWESOME wife!

39 on the front nine. Back nine was backed up so she played the front again. 39 again. Then she went to the back nine. Shot 43! So she shot 78 or 82, however you want to look at it. Beats my best by 1!

By the way, this is her first time breaking 90 and she didn't start playing until the Summer of 2008.

Smalls that is freaking awesome buddy! As the others said, give her a big congrats for me!!!

Thanks, Kelly, Jeff and Jman! I'll be sure to tell her!

Me and Regina are going to good friends of ours wedding today. Can't wait its gonna be a great day out WOO HOO.

Gonna be drunk again but I promise I won't be back on here this time :D

My wife is booking some of our summer vacation:
1 round at Banff Springs the Stanley Thompson course. http://www.fairmontgolf.com/banffsprings
1 round at Silvertip or Stewart Creek in Canmore. (I haven't made up my mind yet, maybe we will stay another day and play both.)
1 round at Kananaskis Country, the Mt. Lorette Course http://www.kananaskisgolf.com/
1 round at the Mt Kidd course in Kananaskis.
1 round at Wolf Creek (the one in Canada) the Links course. http://www.wolfcreekgolf.com/the-courses
and a couple days in between doing fun stuff in Calgary.

The part most people won't believe is my wife doesn't even golf. She just likes driving the cart and hanging out with me. No wonder I love her.

I posted this in the What did you shoot today thread for my wife, but I am putting it here too, because I am HHJJ about it!

39 on the front nine. Back nine was backed up so she played the front again. 39 again. Then she went to the back nine. Shot 43! So she shot 78 or 82, however you want to look at it. Beats my best by 1!

By the way, this is her first time breaking 90 and she didn't start playing until the Summer of 2008.

Wow, just spotted this Smally. Congrats to the wife, heck of a score!

Wow Smalls, that rocks that she is getting so good, its awesome you have a great playing partner.

very cool Smalls! Tell her congrats!

it's cool having your own place bahester.....welcome to the real word!

Congrats to Mrs Smalls! :blob:

What a great day. It is the last Friday of tax season, which means after today I get to leave work at noon and golf.

But most importantly my I-20's arrive today.

What a great day. It is the last Friday of tax season, which means after today I get to leave work at noon and golf.

But most importantly my I-20's arrive today.

I hear that bro! Tuesday cant come fast enough!!!!

Hey Smalls tell the wife congrats!

We just re-fi'd our mortgage and were happy that we don't have to make a payment in April. That HHJJ we knew about.
We just got a check from our old mortgage holder - the payoff from our new mortgage holder was one payment too high so they sent us a refund check right away. Woohoo!

Just did the same thing:

Lowered monthly payment by $170
Cashed out $25K (see all new bag in signature :act-up:)
"skipped" a month - you actually prepay but it feels good anyway
no cost loan - actually made a few hundred bucks when all was said and done due to credits from the broker

Awesomeness!

We just re-fi'd our mortgage and were happy that we don't have to make a payment in April. That HHJJ we knew about.
We just got a check from our old mortgage holder - the payoff from our new mortgage holder was one payment too high so they sent us a refund check right away. Woohoo!

Just did the same thing:

Lowered monthly payment by $170
Cashed out $25K (see all new bag in signature :act-up:)
"skipped" a month - you actually prepay but it feels good anyway
no cost loan - actually made a few hundred bucks when all was said and done due to credits from the broker

Awesomeness!

Yeah, we re-fi'd our 15 yr loan to another 15 yr one - down from 4.65% to 3.125%. We only borrowed what we owed. Our monthly payments went down over $400/month. We're going to pay $300 extra each month so we can pay down the loan in less in 13 years. That'll be another HHJJ!

Crazy, isn't it? I've refi'd 4 times now in the past 6 years at ZERO cost and this was a similar move as you did from one 15 yr to another and my timing was awesome - 2.99%. I actually cashed out because I want to buy my car off lease and with this rate and interest being deductible, the effective rate is about 2-2.5%. It sucks returns are bad, but this is probably as good as it gets for financing.

Oh, and my new i20s, Anser wedges and Anser milled putter showed up yesterday - even better

Yeah, we re-fi'd our 15 yr loan to another 15 yr one - down from 4.65% to 3.125%. We only borrowed what we owed. Our monthly payments went down over $400/month. We're going to pay $300 extra each month so we can pay down the loan in less in 13 years. That'll be another HHJJ!

Bought a new (to me) car today. BMW 325it sport package and manual transmission. Took a few years to find that combination. Pick it up tomorrow, hopefully the clubs fit in there ok.

Bought a new (to me) car today. BMW 325it sport package and manual transmission. Took a few years to find that combination. Pick it up tomorrow, hopefully the clubs fit in there ok.

Congrats, nice ride!

Crazy, isn't it? I've refi'd 4 times now in the past 6 years at ZERO cost and this was a similar move as you did from one 15 yr to another and my timing was awesome - 2.99%. I actually cashed out because I want to buy my car off lease and with this rate and interest being deductible, the effective rate is about 2-2.5%. It sucks returns are bad, but this is probably as good as it gets for financing.

Oh, and my new i20s, Anser wedges and Anser milled putter showed up yesterday - even better

2.99%!?! That's crazy low! You do have great timing!

Had a party at the club this morning, celebration for a kids confirmation. They were there by 7 am to start decorating before church and then showed up about 10 am. These people came straight from church and the first question was from an elderly man and his wife wondering if the bar was open, haha. I kid you not, this group had half a keg down before noon and tipped well. Many of them in their late 80's.

Last payment on my Suburban was made today. Only debt the wife and I now have is the house and boat. We began a process about 20 months ago to get out of a TON of debt and today, we finally met our goal.

Of course, golf purchases over the last year have not exactly helped! :act-up:

Last payment on my Suburban was made today. Only debt the wife and I now have is the house and boat. We began a process about 20 months ago to get out of a TON of debt and today, we finally met our goal.

Of course, golf purchases over the last year have not exactly helped! :act-up:

Congrats, that has to be a great feeling.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back