The Happy Happy Joy Joy Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

DevRickus

The Dirty Jerz
Reaction score
Handicap
Snow
Last payment on my Suburban was made today. Only debt the wife and I now have is the house and boat. We began a process about 20 months ago to get out of a TON of debt and today, we finally met our goal.

Of course, golf purchases over the last year have not exactly helped! :act-up:
Thats awesome dude. It's a great feeling. I had over $30,000 in debt from school and credit cards and I sat down over 4 years ago and did a budget and finally paid everything off last August. Its a great feeling.

#Cookie

Grinder
Reaction score
Handicap
Thats awesome dude. It's a great feeling. I had over $30,000 in debt from school and credit cards and I sat down over 4 years ago and did a budget and finally paid everything off last August. Its a great feeling.
It is a great feeling. We had about $80,000 between vehicles, credit cards, & wife's student loans. Got really aggressive for the first year and saw a TON of progress very quickly. Basically eliminated everything except the car payment since it was interest free and just took our time with that the last 4 months.

Living paycheck to paycheck got old after doing it for a number of years and it was time for a change!

DevRickus

The Dirty Jerz
Reaction score
Handicap
Snow
It is a great feeling. We had about $80,000 between vehicles, credit cards, & wife's student loans. Got really aggressive for the first year and saw a TON of progress very quickly. Basically eliminated everything except the car payment since it was interest free and just took our time with that the last 4 months.

Living paycheck to paycheck got old after doing it for a number of years and it was time for a change!
Aint that the truth. Just when I got out from under and started being able to put some money away to get a house, my wife lost her job and found out she is pregnant. And so goes my life...haha Well since this is the Happy Happy Joy Joy thread, we go for another ultrasound today to see my little girl. Very excited!

DevRickus

The Dirty Jerz
Reaction score
Handicap
Snow
Just finished an ultrasound with my wife. Got to see my little girl again. She looked straight at the "camera". Almost started crying but held myself together..haha

Tap Tap Taparoo

dhjkelly

BOO
Reaction score
Handicap
Thats awesome Rev

Just finished an ultrasound with my wife. Got to see my little girl again. She looked straight at the "camera". Almost started crying but held myself together..haha

Tap Tap Taparoo

adwillingham

2-Time HOFer
Albatross 2021 Club
Reaction score
Handicap

Tap Tap Taparoo

That's awesome bro.

Smallville

#WeLoveYouAlex
Reaction score
Handicap
In Flux
Last payment on my Suburban was made today. Only debt the wife and I now have is the house and boat. We began a process about 20 months ago to get out of a TON of debt and today, we finally met our goal.

Congrats, cookie! No car payment is nice. I paid of the Ranger in 2006 and didn't have a car payment (or full coverage insurance) again until 2010.

Tap Tap Taparoo
Cool stuff, dev.

Sighman23

Reaction score
Handicap
GHIN 13
Well another tax season down the drains. Finished my last tax return for the busy season, just have to come in tomorrow morning and wait for people to pick up their crap. 913 tax returns in 2 1/2 months. Now I can go out and start working on the golf game.

Nate

My Friends Call Me Big Time
Reaction score
Handicap

Very cool Cookie!!! Good for you guys!

Nate

Reaction score
Handicap
Well Son of a Gun......we received our first offer on the house yesterday and it was a good 6% lower than our asking price. We countered at about 2.5% and the realtor just called me and told me they accepted! Wow! Didn't see that coming! They must of really wanted to house. We have 3 weeks to get packed up and to move on out.

Jersey Nate

#JourneyToBetter #THPMC
Reaction score
Handicap
USGA 13.2
Well Son of a Gun......we received our first offer on the house yesterday and it was a good 6% lower than our asking price. We countered at about 2.5% and the realtor just called me and told me they accepted! Wow! Didn't see that coming! They must of really wanted to house. We have 3 weeks to get packed up and to move on out.
Wow! That was quick! Congrats! Now the hardest part comes...packing up and moving.

ddec

I have many leather-bound books
Albatross 2021 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
The Driver
congrats Nate!

#Cookie

Grinder
Reaction score
Handicap
Dang buddy, you are going to be busy the next month! Congrats though, will sure be nice to have this in the past as you get the new one finished.

Nate

Reaction score
Handicap
Side note to the story is it appears we are also moving in with the in-laws for the summer. This could be good and bad....Ha! They do have a big house and plenty of bedrooms upstairs for us all to use so I think we can make it work. They are also retired so I'm sure their vacation trip schedule for the summer is going to fill up now. LOL.

On a bad note, the wife just told me no golf for the next 3 weeks while we pack. On a good note, since we are moving in with the in-laws, she told me that once we get there I can play all the golf I want over the summer. I think I can live with that!

This is happing way to fast!!!

TC

Keg Thrower
Reaction score
Handicap
Congrats Nate! I hope all goes smooth for you guys.

adwillingham

2-Time HOFer
Albatross 2021 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
That is awesome Nate.

DevRickus

The Dirty Jerz
Reaction score
Handicap
Snow
Congrats Nate. That is fantastic. Golf all summer!!!

flix

banter Viking!
Reaction score
Handicap
EGA 14.6
Side note to the story is it appears we are also moving in with the in-laws for the summer. This could be good and bad....Ha! They do have a big house and plenty of bedrooms upstairs for us all to use so I think we can make it work. They are also retired so I'm sure their vacation trip schedule for the summer is going to fill up now. LOL.

On a bad note, the wife just told me no golf for the next 3 weeks while we pack. On a good note, since we are moving in with the in-laws, she told me that once we get there I can play all the golf I want over the summer. I think I can live with that!

This is happing way to fast!!!
Congrats and enjoy a summer filled with golf :D

Tappin' for world peace in HD!

Jjmorris

Will Post for Thanks
Reaction score
Handicap
Snow
Best part about it is that the in-laws have a pool!
Take back the previous in-law comment after hearing that and unlimited golf this summer!

Smallville

#WeLoveYouAlex
Reaction score
Handicap
In Flux
Congrats on selling the house, Nate!

DevRickus

The Dirty Jerz
Reaction score
Handicap
Snow
Went to the doctor with my wife today. We had a little scare with her bleeding but the baby is doing great. We even got this picture of the baby waving

As if that wasnt good enough news on our way home my wife who is unemployed and 7 months pregnant got a call from the state job she has been trying to get for 4 years and they are recommending her for the position. She went on an interview a few weeks ago and even though she is pregnant they loved her. The job pays more than she was making previously and state benefits are going to save us at least 2-300 dollars a month. We are just waiting for the formal offer but the person who they make the recommendation to (the commissioner of the department of vocational rehabilitation) is the person that recommended her for the position in the first place. Trying to play it cool until she gets the job formally but inside I am exploding with happiness. Thanks again to everyone for their kind words and prayers.

Tap Tap Taparoo

Jersey Nate

#JourneyToBetter #THPMC
Reaction score
Handicap
USGA 13.2
Glad to hear that all is ok, and congrats to Mrs. Dev for the potential job offer!

DevRickus

The Dirty Jerz
Reaction score
Handicap
Snow
Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to The Hackers Paradise

Don't just play golf, live it!

Register Log in