The Happy Happy Joy Joy Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rejoice! Starting in 2015 Fox sports takes over US Open broadcast. Meaning no more Chris Berman after 2014. Bye, bye Boomer! Ain't going to miss that moron doing golf!

On a sad note, it does mean the loss of Azinger. Maybe Fox will hire him.

They'll hire Berman...

going to ask my boss to order my vokey's tomorrow. should be no more than two weeks. i also just brought my scotty to golf galaxy to be sent back to scotty cameron to have the head re-glued. should be no more than 2.5 weeks. i have a feeling once i get my sticks back, i'll have shot another PB or two by the end of the month.

I just got hired to be an 8th Grade World Geography teacher! So pumped after all the hard work and classes and tests I got a chance. It goes to show you that hard work does pay off, it may not be immediate but it DOES pay off. It is going to be a tough transition but I am ready for it.

Time to celebrate....... Beer thread here I come

I know your feeling! Congrats! I just graduated and got a job as a Kindergarten teacher! I am very excited!!!

Congrats to both!!

Just got a call from my fiance. Her board results came out, and she got her promotable status to Captain!!!

Its a huge deal and I'm really proud of her because there were over 700 applicants and they only took 37% at the board this year.

What makes it an even bigger deal is that she came in on the tail end of her promoting group (she literally was in the last week of candidates for the entire year) so everybody had a huge leg up on her.
:beer::beer::beer::thumbup::thumbup::D

Im going home later today.

Between the past few weeks with work, the Morgan Cup, and everything else...I havent spent much time at home. I look forward to seeing my wife and kids, and just getting back in to my regular routine.

It's a shame I can sleep right now, would make getting up earlier a lot easier.

Im going home later today.

Between the past few weeks with work, the Morgan Cup, and everything else...I havent spent much time at home. I look forward to seeing my wife and kids, and just getting back in to my regular routine.

It's a shame I can sleep right now, would make getting up earlier a lot easier.

Great to hear your getting back to family, War! When you get back be sure to have a seat in the Captain's Chair and tell that yungun' to pour you some rum!

Headed to see Keith Urban, Little Big Town tonight with My Wife and Daughter. Bummed Youngbuck is in Jersey so he won't be with us.

Traveled from Jasper to Banff so I can play Banff Springs tomorrow. The Banff/Jasper Parkway is one of the most beautiful places on earth. I am amazed by the rugged beauty every time I travel it.

Here's me and the wife. Behind is one of the first views you get of the Columbia Ice Fields. There are three sets of falls, numerous lakes Snow capped mountains and all that. At the end we got a 25% discount on the room (my sister in law, brother in law, and nephew live here) AND a huge room upgrade to a suite - with a loft. :banana:

Fred (tedfroop)& Darcie

DSCN1320.JPG

Athabasca Falls
DSCN1296.JPG

Wow, great pics. Sounds like a nice trip, have fun!

I got called for three teaching job interviews today. I've been applying for numerous teaching jobs for the past year and am really hoping this works out. Woohoo. Hopefully I get one of them!

I got called for three teaching job interviews today. I've been applying for numerous teaching jobs for the past year and am really hoping this works out. Woohoo. Hopefully I get one of them!

Good luck man. All math positions?

Good luck man. All math positions?

Thanks. Yep all three are math positions. Two are at the high school level, which I would prefer, the other is at the middle school level which I would be ok with for a year or two.

15 more days and I'll be back at school. Thank you sweet baby Jesus.

Tedfroop. I've always wanted to play that course! From the pics. I have seen its amazing. Post some pics or better yet do a course review.

I didn't see a thread on this, and this could be a huge HHJJ. Fox Sports and the USGA have worked out a 12 year deal that'll let them carry the rights to broadcast things like the US Open.

The HHJJ? No more hearing about Miller's 63 at Oakmont from Johnny Miller, and no more Chris Berman after Pinehurst next year.

I'm very happy about no Berman. I didn't really mind Miller, I know that puts me in a small group.

Sad to see Azinger go. Maybe Fox will hire him.

Just signed my offer letter to start with a new job!!!!!

Congrats, md!

Tedfroop. I've always wanted to play that course! From the pics. I have seen its amazing. Post some pics or better yet do a course review.

Search is your friend bud! Already did one. I am going to do another one soon though. It is so beautiful its distracting.

Dropped the oldest son off for his first day of Kindergarten this morning. Hard to believe how quick they grow up, but he is ready.

b0bf0294-4ef2-4e8d-b273-89ad0bb063ac_zps6b5ab11d.jpg

Last edited:
Lol, watch out world, here I come!

Proud day Papa W! He'll have a blast.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back