Status
Not open for further replies.
My son won first place in his taekwondo tournament!

1915324_10205831369729388_7254031255624192291_n.jpg

Sweet!!!!

Very cool Cookie! Congrats to him!

This weekend has been one of the best trips I have ever been on. Such a blast with some amazing dudes.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

This weekend has been on of the best trips I have ever been on. Such a blast with some amazing dudes.

Thats awesome Ron..wish i could have made it...hopefully next time. Enjoyed following along

This weekend has been one of the best trips I have ever been on. Such a blast with some amazing dudes.

For sure had a great time! Got to see you and Shane again, met Greg, will, and marco. Great time on and off the course
Days that include golf are great days.
Yes indeed. Now back to frozen tundra I go
Glad you had an amazing time buddy!
You were missed buddy

As many here are young parents you will one day appreciate the sense of relief and pride my wife and I feel after hearing that our oldest got accepted Friday to his top college choice. The big brown envelope came in the mail late in the day from St. Olaf College in Northfield, Minnesota. It's a small school with only 3,100 students but it routinely ranked about 50th in the country for liberal arts colleges. As parents we couldn't be more happy and proud. He's gotten in to a couple other schools that he liked but has also recently got a rejection letter from one of his top choices so this really makes him happy. We've had some challenges with him over the high school years including the normal teenage boy apathy about school work, opposite sex highs and lows, and 2 concussions which caused some tough times academically but he turned his GPA around the last few semesters. He's not a straight A type of student but his sports, student council, essay, interview, and test scores were obviously a big part of the admissions criteria.

It's a big relief as a parent, now the trick will be keeping his senioritis under control. Last week he actually asked us if he could skip school to go skiing! The apple does fall very close to the tree.

Last edited:
Congrats tahoebum! Great school, and just a big enough town to have all the comforts of home.

As many here are young parents you will one day appreciate the sense of relief and pride my wife and I feel after hearing that our oldest got accepted Friday to his top college choice. The big brown envelope came in the mail late yesterday from St. Olaf College in Northfield, Minnesota. It's a small school with only 3,100 students but it routinely ranked about 50th in the country for liberal arts colleges. As parents we couldn't be more happy and proud. He's gotten in to a couple other schools that he liked but has also recently got a rejection letter from one of his top choices so this really makes him happy. We've had some challenges with him over the high school years including the normal teenage boy apathy about school work, opposite sex highs and lows, and 2 concussions which caused some tough times academically but he turned his GPA around the last few semesters. He's not a straight A type of student but his sports, student council, essay, interview, and test scores were obviously a big part of the admissions criteria.

It's a big relief as a parent, now the trick will be keeping his senioritis under control. Last week he actually asked us if he could skip school to go skiing! The apple does fall very close to the tree.

Congrats dude!!!

Congrats tahoebum!

Congrats Tahoebum!

Congrats

I got back from my work trip to Germany yesterday afternoon. The trip was easily one of the greatest experiences I have gotten to do so far. Working with people from other companies was a great experience and just hanging out with them was fun. While the constant travel was exhausting, I will do it again in a heart beat. I will never forget cresting the hill on the autobahn and seeing the alps for the first time or literally walking around half of Liechtenstein and possibly into Switzerland on accident. I got to experience a soccer game in the Dortmund fan section against their rival which I can honestly say was the craziest experience I have ever had at a sporting event. I already miss the food and the fact that everyone knows how to drive properly over there. Can't wait to go back.

awesome group of guys and was a trip I wish was in the cards for me. Maybe next time.

As many here are young parents you will one day appreciate the sense of relief and pride my wife and I feel after hearing that our oldest got accepted Friday to his top college choice. The big brown envelope came in the mail late yesterday from St. Olaf College in Northfield, Minnesota. It's a small school with only 3,100 students but it routinely ranked about 50th in the country for liberal arts colleges. As parents we couldn't be more happy and proud. He's gotten in to a couple other schools that he liked but has also recently got a rejection letter from one of his top choices so this really makes him happy. We've had some challenges with him over the high school years including the normal teenage boy apathy about school work, opposite sex highs and lows, and 2 concussions which caused some tough times academically but he turned his GPA around the last few semesters. He's not a straight A type of student but his sports, student council, essay, interview, and test scores were obviously a big part of the admissions criteria.

Congrats

Yep this trip was a blast, so happy I made it! Awesome guys and awesome golf, cant get better!

I got back from my work trip to Germany yesterday afternoon. The trip was easily one of the greatest experiences I have gotten to do so far. Working with people from other companies was a great experience and just hanging out with them was fun. While the constant travel was exhausting, I will do it again in a heart beat. I will never forget cresting the hill on the autobahn and seeing the alps for the first time or literally walking around half of Liechtenstein and possibly into Switzerland on accident. I got to experience a soccer game in the Dortmund fan section against their rival which I can honestly say was the craziest experience I have ever had at a sporting event. I already miss the food and the fact that everyone knows how to drive properly over there. Can't wait to go back.

But the real question is, which awesome rental car did you end up with !??

Congrats! My youngest daughter had a scholarship interview this past week at her top pick. With her sister in her first year of college, I'm really hoping the interview went well! Senioritis at this point seems impossible to control.

My son asked me to play golf with him. When we learned the course was closed he asked if we could go hit balls together instead. That alone was great, probably the first time since August that either of the kids asked me to take them golfing. The ladies of the house overheard us and asked if they could come too. So we shared two large buckets and took four bays next to each other. Fun family time at the range. #happy

My son asked me to play golf with him. When we learned the course was closed he asked if we could go hit balls together instead. That alone was great, probably the first time since August that either of the kids asked me to take them golfing. The ladies of the house overheard us and asked if they could come too. So we shared two large buckets and took four bays next to each other. Fun family time at the range. #happy

very nice, Frank. How's everyones swings looking? Planning on hitting the range soon myself. It's been waaay too long since I have.

very nice, Frank. How's everyones swings looking? Planning on hitting the range soon myself. It's been waaay too long since I have.

Welcome back.

Finally found a place to rent. Looking forward to making this a positive move. Now I just have to find a place to keep all my golf stuff

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Welcome back, Jack. What's been keeping you away from the game?

The wife has the makings of being a player, nice athletic swing. My son hit some nice iron shots which was a bit of surprise since he usually just likes to bang driver. He offered me $50 if I could put a ball in a little wood bucket / planter about 60 yards out and and took great pleasure in seeing me fail (he's 11) :bashful: My daughter hit some okay ones, mostly got frustrated and wanted me to hang with her while she whined. In other words, a regular.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back