Status
Not open for further replies.
Welcome back, Jack. What's been keeping you away from the game?

The wife has the makings of being a player, nice athletic swing. My son hit some nice iron shots which was a bit of surprise since he usually just likes to bang driver. He offered me $50 if I could put a ball in a little wood bucket / planter about 60 yards out and and took great pleasure in seeing me fail (he's 11) :bashful: My daughter hit some okay ones, mostly got frustrated and wanted me to hang with her while she whined. In other words, a regular.

Time to work on the short game, sink the 60yd shot, and tell him to

giphy-facebook_s.jpg

Welcome back, Jack. What's been keeping you away from the game?

The wife has the makings of being a player, nice athletic swing. My son hit some nice iron shots which was a bit of surprise since he usually just likes to bang driver. He offered me $50 if I could put a ball in a little wood bucket / planter about 60 yards out and and took great pleasure in seeing me fail (he's 11) :bashful: My daughter hit some okay ones, mostly got frustrated and wanted me to hang with her while she whined. In other words, a regular.

let's see.. the last time I hit the range was this last summer. last time I played a round was april 20th. the last time I played before that was august. before that, summer again.

it was a combination of being burned out and having other things I was more concerned about. During my 4 years of highschool, everything was about golf for me. pretty much every day of every week I was at the range or playing, getting ready for the next weekly district tournament. Once I was done with my senior year golf team, I didn't really have a reason to keep practicing that hard, so I stopped for a while.. and then I started being with my at-the-time girlfriend pretty much every day or every other day, so I just didn't have time to do anything but be with her/work/go to school, or so I thought. looking back on it, I really wish I would've kept with it. i'm going to start back up here pretty soon though. I have a real want to be at the driving range.

Finally found a place to rent. Looking forward to making this a positive move. Now I just have to find a place to keep all my golf stuff

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thats great news Alez.

You guys have such a strong bond on here.Do you think many of you would work this hard on your games if you didn't have online forum golf?Or a group of online buddies to associate with?Would you be able to play in everyday men's groups or afternoon leagues and meet people that way?

Great stuff,fun to read even from a outside prospective

You guys have such a strong bond on here.Do you think many of you would work this hard on your games if you didn't have online forum golf?Or a group of online buddies to associate with?Would you be able to play in everyday men's groups or afternoon leagues and meet people that way?

You know, I don't think I would. But I came to THP when I was looking for an escape (coaching HS football had broken me) and golf was it. But, if not for really jumping in and LEARNING about the golf industry and equipment here I don't know that it would have stuck like it has.

I'm blessed to have found this place, I really believe that.

simply jump in Chip, most people in here are very nice and easy to approach. THP is what you make of it ;)

sure making it to an event or gathering helps a lot, but its not needed, not at all

simply jump in Chip, most people in here are very nice and easy to approach. THP is what you make of it ;)

sure making it to an event or gathering helps a lot, but its not needed, not at all
It's a cool place for sure.Just let me get the ball in the air more than 1/8 now and I will be more active.Hard to talk golf lingo when you have those statistics.But I am learning here and from my teaching pro.I can try to help others with the same issues in my swing.But they will never believe anything i say until I shoot Better scores

I know I wouldn't work as hard on my game. I really have met some of the best people I know because of this place. Even as not on of the most active people here I have met guys that would do anything they could to help me out and I truly believe they would. And I would do the same for them. I have even had people that I have never met in person help me through a divorce. It took me about a year of being a member to just jump in and be apart of the community that is THP but it was one of the best decisions I have ever made

It's a cool place for sure.Just let me get the ball in the air more than 1/8 now and I will be more active.Hard to talk golf lingo when you have those statistics.But I am learning here and from my teaching pro.I can try to help others with the same issues in my swing.But they will never believe anything i say until I shoot Better scores

the fun thing is that THP has never been about how you play, everyone is always welcome. If your average round is 70 or 130, it doesn't matter if you can have fun on the course

I think I would work about the same amount, but just with older clubs. :angel:

I wouldn't have had the opportunity to meet so many fantastic people or play some great courses though.

I don't think golf game has to translate into your activity level. I haven't swung a club in over a month, but I am still posting daily. I just enjoy catching up with everyone and I learn something new here everyday.

I believe I would be working on my game as hard without THP. I have friends and former coworkers I play with on a regular basis which helps drive me wanting to get better.

I do care more about how well I play now that I have THP in my life....that's just cause I've traveled a TON to play THP events and I want to play well.

THP has changed my golfing life (and life in general) in a very positive way. With that said, while I want to play well - it's more about getting out there with likeminded people REGARDLESS of skill level. I welcome anyone to join me on the course at anytime.

I feel like I have broken out of my funk that I have been in since getting home from the Grandaddy. Just feeling good right now. I think a big part of it was playing yesterday and getting to use those clubs that were fit for me. I feel refreshed and have a desire to be active on the forum again. Damn it feels good

I feel like I have broken out of my funk that I have been in since getting home from the Grandaddy. Just feeling good right now. I think a big part of it was playing yesterday and getting to use those clubs that were fit for me. I feel refreshed and have a desire to be active on the forum again. Damn it feels good

I was on the brink of heading east and knocking on your door.

#HammerDrop

Glad to have a happy TBake with us, life IS good my brother, we just have to remember that a little harder sometimes when we have curveballs thrown our way!

Thanks,I'm not big in the traveling to play golf.I have plenty of courses in my area and groups to join.Just some fun stuff to read that happens here

I was on the brink of heading east and knocking on your door.

#HammerDrop

Glad to have a happy TBake with us, life IS good my brother, we just have to remember that a little harder sometimes when we have curveballs thrown our way!

You can still head east. We got a lot of nice courses over here!

Really though life is good. It is hard to remember that when you feel like at every turn nothing is going your way. Seeing that bag on the course yesterday really put a lot in perspective for me. But life is good, I have good people in my life and THP is good and I am going to be front and center while we #ChangeTheGame. I don't know what all that entails but man am I excited to find out.

A friend of mine's 2 year old nephew Miles got the liver transplant he was waiting for this past Friday. So far things have been pretty good and I'm hoping the same continues. His dad Ryan was even able to go in and see him for a little bit which is tremendous (Ryan is currently fighting cancer and with all the chemo and stuff his body needs to stay away from germs/sickness/etc if possible).

And while it's a really happy time for all those associated with Miles and the other person that got the other half of the donor's liver (2 lives saved!!)...Out there is the family of a 13 year old girl (donor) that needs thoughts and prayers as well. Organ donors really do save lives and I truly commend those that perform the selfless act of giving as their own or their loved one's lives are coming to an end. Truly incredible.

The apartment is almost set up ,been an exciting time getting all it placed. Here is our bedroom ,more pics to come as they are fixing some last minute things around the apartment right now.
f1ec33ea919c6cfb65c1df478e07fbc1.jpg

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

My son asked me to play golf with him. When we learned the course was closed he asked if we could go hit balls together instead. That alone was great, probably the first time since August that either of the kids asked me to take them golfing. The ladies of the house overheard us and asked if they could come too. So we shared two large buckets and took four bays next to each other. Fun family time at the range. #happy

That's awesome Frank! I remember the first time my son asked me to go to the range. Now he has a beautiful swing, while mine looks like it got run over by a lawn mower. If he ever has more time to play, I'm in a world of hurt - but that is a pain I won't mind! And to have the rest of the family involved - doesn't get a whole lot better than that!

Lots of happiness going on here.

Frank, Thomas (aka TBaker, aka TLeishman and Derek, Alex, and Jayaram, glad to hear.

Chip. Glad to have you here. As others said jump in anytime. Everyone has a unique perspective on just about every topic to share.

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

I get to play golf tomorrow.

First things first. Everyone that you see on the forum and think they have a strong bond together started out as a new guy. Everyone. Jump in. Join the fun.

Now for your question. There was a time when I may have worked harder because of THP. I'm not so sure anymore. I'm motivated by my own things and after going to a couple of events I understand the truth of this place - we are all hackers so don't sweat it, just have fun.

I would practice and try to get better if I was involved with THP or not but I do think THP helps me stay focused. You never know when you going to get an opportunity to play or compete with some THPERS which makes it special. My father used to tell me that happiness is having something to look forward to and THP helps with some of that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back