Status
Not open for further replies.
Ten years ago today, I married my best friend. She helped me through one of the darkest times of my life, and it's not a stretch to say that she made me someone worth being around. This is definitely a happy day for me.

10th-anniv.jpg

Happy Annivesary!!!

Never though I would say this, but I am in love and it feels great. Those of you that know me, know that the fact I have not ran away is a big step for me :)
Ok, who are you and what did you do with Shane?!

Seriously happy for you bud. I just pray she's never locked out of the house while you're asleep on the couch..........

What an awesome happy day I've had today and it all centers around golf. First I went to the course this morning to get in just a few holes for practice because today was the start of afternoon league play that I joined and I was hitting really well. I then headed back home so I could intercept the UPS truck downtown because he had my new Clicgear 3.5+ push cart that I ordered a couple days ago and wanted to have it for league not just so I could enjoy it (which I LOVE it) but also so I could give my partner (who is my late son's best friend) my push cart so that he would have his own.

Then on the team we are playing is a childhood friend that I grew up with from the time we were little all the way through graduation that we have not seen each other in close to 20 years is on that team. We always had a competitive rivalry between us and neither liked losing to the other and today was no different. Fortunately I happily edged him out by two strokes.

Which brings me to another happy. I shot 50 for my league opening round (was afraid of more, could easily have been less with better putting). I had a par and several opportunities for more pars but my putter is still not cooperating but it will come. On the great side though while doing some practice swings on the 1st tee box I felt "It". I felt how you are supposed to swing the club as compared to how I usually was doing it. I couldn't believe it and I put it to the test right there. First one I pulled hard into a tree 50 yds out. LOL Fortunately for a dollar I could by the only Mulligan we are allowed and I drilled the next one farther than I ever drove it. Every drive I outdrove my usual landing area by a good chunk of yardage but also I incorperated this new swing into my 3 Wood and hit it better than I ever have! I was on par 4's in two that I have never reached before and if it hadn't been for clipping a hanging branch on my second shot I would have been on the green in 3 on a par 5. I have never been that close before.

Sorry for the book but just so nice to have a HAPPY DAY!

Last day at the golf course. It's bitter sweet because I'm so loyal to this place but I'm excited about the next journey in my young life. That is my happy thought today.

Last day at the golf course. It's bitter sweet because I'm so loyal to this place but I'm excited about the next journey in my young life. That is my happy thought today.

working at a course is a lot of fun, maybe get a membership to stay there in some way?

when do you start with the Lions?

working at a course is a lot of fun, maybe get a membership to stay there in some way?

when do you start with the Lions?
Ha if I'm still living down the road so I'll be around. I should get employee benefits for life lol

And I start Monday!

Ha if I'm still living down the road so I'll be around. I should get employee benefits for life lol

And I start Monday!

employee benefits for life? that would be awesome. they usually include free golf right?

I was told yesterday that the promotion I've been working towards for the past year or so went through yesterday. Been doing that job for a long time now, so it was good to be recognized for it.

It's pretty cool to have a wife that likes to play golf on her Birthday :bomb:

First day working at a golf course!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

First day working at a golf course!

nice, what do you do? I was a starter when I was in college, and I loved it

nice, what do you do? I was a starter when I was in college, and I loved it

Picking range and cleaning carts. It's the perfect college job!

Just finished reading 2 articles about a local kid (31) I know that was asst pro until this year at my club. They expect him to earn his web.com card this year. Next week he plays his qualifying rounds for the US Open. He's been fighting with back problems last 5 years, but took the winter over to mend and it apparently paid off, feels 100%. 1 article was a magazine and other from 1 of the PGA Canada affiliates.

Things will be cheerful at the clubhouse.

Notes from students about the difference you have made, especially at a time where you need to hear something good, make every single bit of dealing with the bureaucracy of education worth it.

My office for most of the day:
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1431093774.738014.jpg

Recieved accupunture today, this time was rough. 15 needles and 4 of which were painful. I know its only a quick fix for me, will feel the pain again strong tomorrow. Glad today I am pain free it feels great

The project I started on as an intern at work was officially sent off for European approvals this morning so my work is basically done on it. It was bitter sweet building up the approval machines this morning. Only took 11 months for a machine to be put together without a single issue during assembly. Also found out Erin Hills is a go for me next month and I got free lunch today.

Notes from students about the difference you have made, especially at a time where you need to hear something good, make every single bit of dealing with the bureaucracy of education worth it.

This is something that I have heard from a lot of my teacher friends. When they've gotten these kinds of things, it makes their week/month/year. Awesome that you're making a difference in a bunch of kid's lives.

My son sent me a text saying he was going out for the golf team this fall! I have been taking him golfing since he was old enough to swing a club, but he has never shown much interest. Apparently he's been playing with some of his friends from the bowling team this past week, and has caught the bug.

I got brave today and decided to try on some 34 inch waist pants and medium sized shirts that had gotten too small for me due to weight gain. And they fit again!!! It has been over a year and a half since they fit. I have really been watching what I eat as of late as well as exercising more so being able to get back into these clothes not only makes me very happy, but motivates me to keep it going. I am down about 19 pounds and really want to drop at least another 10. ?

#Team441 for the win in Legacy. #IAmWithHarry

I put something on Facebook this afternoon and it ends up being "thanked" by people from:
California
Florida
New Jersey
Missouri
Georgia
Texas
Massachusetts
Illinois
Indiana
New York
Kansas
Michigan
Nebraska
Ohio
Washington

and

FINLAND.

All people I've met through this silly little game of golf and this amazing community here at THP. How cool is that?!

I put something on Facebook this afternoon and it ends up being "thanked" by people from:
California
Florida
New Jersey
Missouri
Georgia
Texas
Massachusetts
Illinois
Indianapolis
New York
Kansas
Michigan
Nebraska
Ohio
Washington

and

FINLAND.

All people I've met through this silly little game of golf and this amazing community here at THP. How cool is that?!

It's pretty cool!
I sure hope I get to meet you someday!

Out of attorney review and officially under contract for the house we're buying!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back