I have been happy all week. My wife and i get breakfast every sunday before grocery shopping. Same place. Same waiter every week. He is a college kid who works weekends. You know. School. No money. When we left this week we always give a cash tip. I pulled a c note out of pocket and looked at my wife who nodded. So we left it. Get into car and out comes rickey. Im sure this was a mistake he says. No it wasnt. Use it how you need it. Bills. Nice dinner. Whatever. Turns out it was girlfriend’s birthday this week. He said he was gonna take her for a nice dinner. Im sure we will here about it sunday. But my wife and i smiled all week. Were not rich. We work hard. Kids gone. Why not make someone happy once in a while. That was fun. Now we wish we could do it more often.

I went grocery shopping today. I know that doesn’t sound like a happy, but it means I can finally start cooking again and that’s a huge happy to me! I was literally giddy while shopping today.

I went grocery shopping today. I know that doesn’t sound like a happy, but it means I can finally start cooking again and that’s a huge happy to me! I was literally giddy while shopping today.
Yay!!!!

It was a pretty good weekend. Had a fun round of golf yesterday morning then spent the rest of the weekend installing our 2nd mini-split A/C unit.

I was never much of a DIY'er and as I've gotten older, have become even less so. Probably in part because of that, I decided to take on this project a couple months ago which including running wiring and adding 2 new breakers. The A/C units are pretty easy to install. I hooked everything up, checked for leaks, turned it on and it started cooling right away. We now have one in our living room and another in our bedroom. They are sooo quiet. I just have to clean up a little outside, finish up the line set cover, and build small roofs for each. I still have to order a second base and mounting frame.

I hope to never again have to install, listen to, and remove another #$@&ing window unit.

Charging while never leaving theater seats is my kind of living.

D62D9394-651A-4A44-8961-CEDBE1DDB6FC.jpeg

Dudes night in tonight - just me and my youngest son. We took the doggo for a walk and checked out some ducks (apparently the local run off pond is too full of sharks for his liking), we played construction site in the old vegetable garden, and got caught up on some storybots. We just ordered pizza and wings for the two of us and he has annihilated an entire order of wings after tasting the first one with ranch. We’re having ourselves a time here.

This one is just too good.
6912E417-2AE9-409D-96D7-99C91905207F.jpegB7ACD51C-A052-418A-B189-AAF3BBBCC71D.jpeg

A friend from my Marine days stopped by for dinner at my house last night. I hadn't seen him since 1992. We picked up like it was yesterday. Cool experience to meet his daughter and for him to meet my wife.

Life is pretty crazy right now. Uncertainties, family problems etc. While it's early, we did find out my wife is pregnant with #2. Want it to be in the happy thread but maybe should be in "the scary thread" haha

Life is pretty crazy right now. Uncertainties, family problems etc. While it's early, we did find out my wife is pregnant with #2. Want it to be in the happy thread but maybe should be in "the scary thread" haha
Congratulations!!!!

Congratulations!

Congratulations!!!!
Thank you! I've got 8 months to cram as much golf in as possible lol. Our 1st will be 22 or 23 months when the second comes around. Never have 2 under 2 is what we were told... We cut it a bit close me thinks...

Thank you! I've got 8 months to cram as much golf in as possible lol. Our 1st will be 22 or 23 months when the second comes around. Never have 2 under 2 is what we were told... We cut it a bit close me thinks...
Well, we have 5 kids and they were all pretty close in age (except our youngest). We survived and I actually wouldn't change a thing with their ages. They each had someone to play with close to their own age so it really helped. It won't be bad at all! You guys can do it!!

Well, we have 5 kids and they were all pretty close in age (except our youngest). We survived and I actually wouldn't change a thing with their ages. They each had someone to play with close to their own age so it really helped. It won't be bad at all! You guys can do it!!
I knew you guys were crazy but not 5 kids crazy! Haha jk. My dad was one of 10...YIKES. My poor grandma.

Congrats big fella!

Congratulations! Definitely in the right thread!

Congratulations!!!!

Glad to finally feel better.

Congratulations man. That's really great!

Congratulations!

Back